Agastache 'Golden Jubilee'

I planted this new plant this year and now have quite a bit of seed collected from it. As this was a new introduction with unusual foliage, I wasn't sure whether it was a hybrid or not. Will it come true again from saved seed? Does anyone know?

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Studley, I too grew this for the first time this year,and was impressed,I'm saving the seeds for it ,just in case it doesn't survive as I've lost agastches before overwinter, though not sure why as my soil is very free draining.
i looked in the seed catalogue,and it's not an F1 ,so I don't see why it shouldn't come true.Fingers crossed eh?

Thanks! I couldn't find any info about it being F1 either, so hopefully it will come true. It shouldn't be hardy for me, but it is in a protected spot, so I will try and overwinter it. They sure do produce plenty of seed!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Studley are you still here? :-D........just wanted to add that this year I had many many seedlings pop up from this plant, so I would say yes, they come true. I grew a few out and shared many also. How did yours do?

Yeah, mine came true this year. I am also busy collecting seeds to trade this winter. I only had a few volunteers this year, but we had a very harsh winter. I could imagine them doing quite well in your zone 8.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.