Need info. on the Snowball Tree Seeds Help!!!!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

My mother has a Snowball Tree, its in bloom right now. I'm not sure what the name of this tree but the huge balls are white, and unbelievably attractive. Ive wanted some of this forever and wondered if someone could tell me the best way to get some of it. Cuttings or does it seed????

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

I think you mean Hydrangea paniculata (PeeGee hydrangea), if it is the woody one with white flowers (start out green) which eventually turn a nice coppery tone good for drying. Maybe that information will help someone who knows how to propagate it. Mine had only TWO flowers this year, not sure what is up with that.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm sure its not a Hydrangea ...my mother told me but now I cant remember. I'll ask her today and get back with ya. It's a tree, I mean huge!!!!! Not just the Snowballs on it but the Tree is too. lol...I have to find out. Gonna call her LOL :-) Thanks Pardancanda

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Could it be a snowball viburnum???

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT!!!! How do I get me some????? lol thank you BerryGirlFriend!~!!!!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Annabellegabby, I haven't a clue but I'm sure someone on this site knows. Good luck!!! P.S. As soon as the flowers you wanted set seed, I'll send them to you!!!!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

awwwwwww ty so much berrygirl...Hopefully someone will know. I'll do a search :-)

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

You might ask member louisa, I think she knows how to start Viburnum from cuttings...

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Pardancanda :-) I shall ask louisa. Several people in my family want to get a peice of my mother's tree, its absolutely gorgeous !!!!

JulieAnne

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Annabelle, I have a new book on propagating and I'll check on this for ya!!! Just keep looking on the board for my "answer" and good luck!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.