propagating sedums

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I am growing Autumn Joy sedum and a couple of others for the first time this year. How do I get more of them? I love them and want them everywhere!!!

Valley Village, CA

Hi there, I just take off cuts before they flower, once, you allow them to flower, I would then allow the flowers to dry, then cut off the stems, and wait until spring for them to start up again. Once they get about 10-12 high and before they start to set flower again dig out the new stems, with some root attached and plant into pots or open run. Mine are in flower at this time. Good luck with them. If my instructions arn't clear enough I won't have my feelings hurt if you write and ask questiions to me privately or on this forum. Norma

Valley Village, CA

Berry Girl, in the sping just remind me who you are, and what you would like and I will be able to send what ever you want. You will need to pay for the postage however, I'm not financially able to do it this year. Try to find the 'Vera James' it has great coloring. I think you will like this one. Crasulady2

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but this thread wasn't on my watch list and I forgot it til I accidentally found it!!! Thank you so much for your help!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i just break them off and stick them in the dirt and they take right off!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.