Eugenia

Savannah, GA(Zone 8a)

Locally, I saw some lovely 4 foot tall sculptured trees and the tag says "Eugenia". The salesperson didn't know , but thought that they are houseplants? Is this right? I live in Savannah, GA and wanted to use them outside at my front door.How hardy are they?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Check to see if you can find your plant here http://plantsdatabase.com/search.php?search_text=Eugenia&Search.x=12&Search.y=9 in the DG Plant Database.

Hope this helps.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Rett, youre learing my friend!!!! Fast...just learned how to post a hyperlink LOL...duh me

Sjbshipp Hello!!!!! I lived in Savannah, GA for 3.5 years or more. (whereabouts are you in Savannah?) Actually Rincon & Guyton is where I lived. Worked in Garden City. I love it and miss it. My son moved back home with me for a bit, then he relocated back. My family loves it there. It's in my blood and theirs too! Just remarried my ex-husband so thats why Im back home in Harlem/Augusta area. My son will make Savannah his home with his wife to be on October 24th. Anyway, a warm welcome from another Savannian. :-)

Gonna look up Eugenia...never heard of it. hmmmmm get back to me :-) Oh what species is it...there's lots of kinds in that family of plants

P.S. Hi again Rett of Atlanta!!!!

This message was edited Oct 5, 2003 3:15 PM

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

What I found was it was a tree, a tree that bears fruit and it blooms and its gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link

http://www.hear.org/pier/euunip.htm

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Great job Annabellagabby!

I've been on computers for around 23 years. Started on mainframes in the corporate world.

I'm only new to southern gardening but, of course, I hadn't done any gardening for 25 years until now. And, I now have a disablility that makes it difficult for me to stay focused and to organize thoughts. I do need lots of help but I also jump in to assist where I can.

Thankfully, I'm not shy! :)

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL Rett, youre most welcome and youre doing a great job too !!!! Dont forget to check out the Angel Garden thread under Dave's garden :-)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I found a "Garden Angels" thread that wonderful but no "Angel Garden" thread. Was "Garden Angels" what you meant?

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, sorry...I have my moments oops...had a migraine today and was on meds. so I wasnt in my right frame of mind. LOL but when am I ever lol...joking

Hope you read it :-)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

How would I know that it is wonderful if I hadn't read it? ROFL Hope you don't mind my teasing and I do hope that your migrane gets better. I have a rare sinus headache at the moment but that's nothing to a migrane.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2003 9:06 PM

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL good point...read it :-) ty regarding my head aching. :-) lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.