Sources for Piaranthus

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Does anybody here know of NA sources for plants of the Piaranthus genus?

Valley Village, CA

I thought I might have had some left, but no, there all dead. I'm sorry, I did look.

Murrells Inlet, SC(Zone 8a)

panamoncreel, I don't know how to attach a link to an email via Daves but Shoal creek succulents and mesa gardens both have many varieties of piaranthus for sale. Shoal creek sends the best plants though.Just do a search for both places and see what you can come up with

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the info catsmeow, I'll check it out.
Just copy the address from the address bar then paste the link in the message to create the link.

http://www.shoalcreeksucculents.com/index.html
Hope i did this right. I have bought quite a few stapelias from this place and he sends very nice plants and they are rather inexpensive.If this does open for you just click on the word asclepias and scroll down to find the piaranthus plants. I have a few that I grow myself but did not place the lables back with teh plants when repotting and have no idea which is which at the moment.

this is the link to mesa gardens and when you go on his web page you should look for a listing of other succulents plants followed by the word New. I have ordered from this man and it seems to take quite some time to get plants from him and i've not been very pleased with the size or quality of any plants received from him. I have heard just the opposite from other people who ordered from him though. And he does have many piarnthus species for sale.
http://www.mesagarden.com/

Valley Village, CA

I had the same experience. Try Out of Africa,

Valley Village, CA

Do you live in Canada, I have just heard/read a notice that you may take into Canada up to 50 house plants? Is this so, would you check it out. If you can then I know where I can get some plants for you. Crasulady2

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Yes, it is possible to take up to 50 plants into Canada In Person . Sometimes I have plants shipped to a friend in the US and I drive there to pick them up and bfing them across the border.

Valley Village, CA

That is good to know, could they then be shipped to this friend and perhaps you could meet for lunch or dinner? These will be clean. If so I think I can be of some help. I volunteer for a place that has these plants, with documentatiion, I can ask if they would even sell some to me, if he has extra plants then is will be cool. Norma

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the offer Norma. It's a little too cold now to ship plants but I might get back to you in this regard next spring.

Milan

Valley Village, CA

I will check out my connection tomorrow, must they be documented? Are you asking for free plants? Are you willing to pay postage. 4 example:

Orbea carnosa (Pachyicymblum keithii) S. Africa:N Prov. & Gauteng.
Boldly tubercled, purple-blotched stems. Fleshy cream and maroon mottled 5/8" fl. Easy and suruprisingly hardy given tropical origin. This is an example of plants that I can get. This was priced at $3.50 Crasulady2

Valley Village, CA

I think I can get them, so it will be your option. Norma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.