Rob's Alaskan Garden

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

We live in Southcentral Alaska, but we love to garden. Our approach is a bit different, and our veggy crops are small, but we love the sweet taste of fresh veggies. My son lives down the road from us and has taken an interest in gardening, so he put in his own veggy garden. He fenced it to keep out the neighbor dogs. I went down to see how his garden was doing, and had a great laugh when I saw his new garden gate (a shower door). It's so nice to see your offspring get into gardening... even though he's 37!

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Well after all, it does have flowers on it, and the rain won't make it warp. Defnitely one of a kind, but that's typical in Alaska, just use whatever works. Soon that little plot will be way too small if he is really bit by the gardening bug. It's nice to have another gardener in the family.

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

It's a lovely garden gate!

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Too funny! LOL I love it!

Is that a reminder to clean up BEFORE he gardens, or after?

And if he made it into a one-way mirror, would it make the mooses (meeses?) run away too?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

HAH! I luv it!

Reminds me of when I used to put a window (with frame/casing) out in the middle of my garden, on display. When people would ask what the window is for I'd tell them "Well, it gets mighty hot working in the garden so sometimes I have to go over there and open the window to cool things off a bit." (All the time said with a straight face, then move right on into another topic without missing a beat!)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Lupinelover: Yes, it would be pretty handy to install the shower, as well. He could clean up and water the garden at the same time!

Shoe: I'll have to suggest the window thing to Rob. He'll no doubt want to try it! Yes, the secret is to say something prepostorous, then move on to something else before the other person can think it through. It's wonderful to watch the expressions!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL, Shoe! That sounds just like something you would say! Sounds like something my father would say for that matter. He loves to spin tales of hunting the jackalopes (rabbits with antelope antlers), vulture chickens, bull swallows, the cave of evil...if you can imagine it, he can come up with quite a yarn!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.