Classic Eggplant

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Will be ready for the grill tomorrow!

Thumbnail by yogaman
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

These banana peppers will join it. I love grilling vegies.

Thumbnail by yogaman
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Lucky you!
we're drownding here...6 inches of rain since monday and my latest transplants are wilting as I type.

By the way,welcome to DG!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We were 11 inches below normal for rainfall here in Houston. Been Hot and Dry. Peppers like but tomatos don't. Got some rain tonight. Could use some more. Thanks for the welcome.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Welcome yogaman! The photos have my mouth watering. I love veggies! I've never grilled them though. Any hints and tips? Sounds yummy!

We were pretty waterlogged too, but it's started to dry out the past two days. With our sandy soil it doesn't take long either. I had to water what was still alive today.

Lost a lot of my tomato plants, but still have quite a few left, the cabbages seem to be doing okay, the peppers are crabby, but I think they'll get over it, the beans finally decided to poke their heads up, and the winter squash, zucchini and cucumbers all rotted as seeds. I'm replanting those tomorrow.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Yogaman--I am in Houston, too, and have two good looking eggplants. Tons of blooms, none have set. I've been watering, have good drainage, and lots of flowers around for bees. I am vertically growing some cucumbers next to the eggplants in my squarefoot garden. So they might be too shaded? Any suggestions? Or just wait it out?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

As for grilling, I just bursh on a little olive oil and add a little Mrs. Dash (I'm on a low salt dite). Lay them on the grill and cook untill you get those nice grill marks. Don't over cook.

As for the eggplants they are in full sun. Not sure why they are loaded with fruit. Just lucky. I planted them about two months ago.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yo! YOga!~...
Welcome to DG to you and also to Squarefoot!

Pretty pics...my eggplants here aren't even flowering yet. but when they do...grill time! (I like to add a bit of garlic to the olive oil tho...so tasty!)

And them banana peppers!...stick some jalapeno jack cheese inside them, baste with the same marinade, grill, pig out! (In that order!)

Enjoy, folks!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Come and get it!

Thumbnail by yogaman
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Purty! Mighty purty!
(Tryin' to make me hongry, eh?!)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Oh, yummy, yummy, yummy! This looks better to me than a steak. I could easily be a vegetarian though. I love my veggies.

Now I'm sorry I didn't plant any eggplant, but the season go too late. Gonna be looking for some at the markets though. I gotta try this.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Picked my first eggplants this week also.. I love them grilled with the olive oil, but of course, being from the south..Battered, cubed, and deep fried, along with the fried green maters, has my mouth watering..Your's look fine on that grill.
Larkie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.