The calendar says so
(3 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other (please share!)
(30 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

It's spring when you see the purple mognolia trees blooming mine just put on it's first deep purple bloom, this is also called the tulip tree by some people

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 12th 1:02 PM

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

First hard warm rain,then everything turns green,and I'm happy to say,It is pouring right now!!!!!Yes!!!!!!

Sonora, KY

I no its spring when da hummin birds is a hummin.
Then I be a hummin a tune to the garden.

Chardon, OH(Zone 5a)

My first sign is usually the return of the red-winged blackbirds and the turkey vultures. I also look for the bloom of the harbinger of spring (that is the common name for this plant). The spring peepers usually aren't far behind, but this year they're still under ice and I heard my first red-wing last week!

I forgot I always look for the first mourning cloak butterflies to come out of dormancy. They usually hang around the sugar maples looking for sap drips.

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 12th 11:49 PM

It's Spring Time soon coming! It start bloom daffoils, freesia and sunflowers! Even Roses, too!
Have a nice day!

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6b)

......when my shoes come off... :) 2 weeks now :)

Warwick, RI(Zone 6a)

It's 1.5 months to spring when I really start to get restless to plant something!

When the Hostas start to show little green nubs.

When my car windshield is wet in the morning and not frozen.

Wayne

menard, TX(Zone 8a)

I know it's spring in Texas, and no more freeze, when the mesquite tree's bud, they never do till they are sure of no feeze!

Acworth, GA(Zone 7a)

I know it is spring when the UPS man shows up in shorts bringing my spring plants.

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

It's the daffodils and forsythia that get me excited with hope that the frosts are all over and gone for now!

Thumbnail by Doris
Ottawa, ON

When my dog refuses to come back into the house. (3 feet of snow outside now)

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Flowas? Bushes? Twees? Boids? Fuggedaboudit!

Right this minute at a public park across the street from my home THE ICE CREAM MAN is selling his wares and his sing~song melody is crackling from the truck. It's SPRING!

Psychologically, of course, Spring begins when pitchers and catchers show up for Spring Training. Summer officially begins with the first pitch thrown at Yankee Stadium..., in April.

Adam.

I know it is Spring when the brave crocus bloom right through the snow. Soon after, Forsythia blooms and daffs open up. I have seen Robins all winter here in Michigan so I do not know what is "up with that" but the red-winged black bird finds his way back to the wetlands and the music they make is undeniable! We have 50*+ weather today, so it won't be long!!! Hope Springs eternal!

Pat

Vandiver, AL(Zone 7a)

I know it is spring when the red buckeye blooms and the ruby throated hummingbird shows up to drink its nectar.
Linda

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 15th 6:05 PM

Elkton, MD(Zone 7a)

I know it's spring (or I used to when I lived in the north), when the sun melts a patch of snow large enough so that I could go barefoot. (Dare to be different!)

Wareham, MA(Zone 7a)

I voted other because I wanted to say when all of the above things happen then I know spring has arrived.
Also I am in my eliment which is knee deep in dirt and flowers.
ITS REALLY COMING AND I'm READY.

Olympia, WA

For Ridgerunner and anyone else - I called this one - "The Ides of Hummer" - took the photo on 3/15

Thumbnail by wannadanc
dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

For me it is the crocus as well. Though we can still get more of that ugly white stuff after that.

when the crouses are starting to peek through and blooming

Southwest, VA(Zone 7a)

My family knows it is spring when we hear the 'Spring Peepers' in local swamps and vernal wet spots! We actually go for 'peeper' automobile drives and keep loose track of which areas are most active! Happy Spring in New England!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Gosh ... today I felt like hugging a housefly I saw outside. Does that mean it's spring?

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

For anyone who's never actually been to Maine during Spring...,

...the horse flies are, in fact, big enough to hug...,

...and they travel in herds.

Adam.

Oakville, ON(Zone 5b)

The first primulas, snowdrops and a robin in my backyard means it's early spring. March 1st is my official 'Beginning of Spring' date.

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

It is definitely Spring when the azaleas in everyone's yards burst into glorious bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.