EURR Update 27th Jan

Sorry chaps, the UK leg of the RR has gone missing for over a month now.

I'm going to give it till the end of the week and then package up more seeds so we can finish this one off.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

do you need some more seeds for it Baa, I have a box overflowing if you do.

Thanks for the offer Sueone! I've got enough but really appreciate it :)

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Which is gone missing ??

I am supposed to get one from Gerddi - he says he mailed it about 1 week ago.

Dimitri

Dimitri

The envelope which you should receive should be with you fairly soon. The other envelope that started with you has gone missing somewhere here in England.

All those countries that envelope visited and it went missing almost as soon as it got back here *G*!!!

Either the post office have it for inspection or someone in the RR chain lost it altogether. I don't believe things like that get lost in the mail - at least nothing was ever lost in my mail while in England (5ys) - and being a philatelist I know to a great depth the impact of a strong postal service on a society.

If there is anything you would like from what I had put in the envelope, say it and I think I may still have some.

Dimitri

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Oh shucks, was I ever a member?

Let me put on woeful record - I have received nowt, to date.

Daily, I have hijacked the postman. Mournfully, he daily shakes his head...

Perhaps that's because I never was part of the RR. 'Tis possible.

(My short-term memory is terrible. But I knew where I left it, 20 years ago. Forgive me...)

If I wasn't ever in, can I come in - next time. Please?

Many thanks for your offer Dimitri. I agree it doesn't happen often here.

John

Yes you were in this one *G*, it's just taken such a long time to get round.

EURR pack II arrived today.

Lots of goodies and curios

Will post it to Baa Monday

Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri :)

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Dimitri

gerddi is female! gerddi is Welsh for gardens (which also ought to be female!)

Glad your parcel arrived - I found it had had more of what I wanted this time. Like Christmas all over again!

Good to see you Gerddi

I sent out the envelope to finish off the UK leg today. John will receive it first, then Lorny75, Sueone, Philomel, Saya and back to me again.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Funny that the RR manages to stagger round several countries in mainland Europe/ Greek island/Scandinavia (albeit with postal delays) but then gets lost on home territory!

Gerddi

Sums up my year so far *G*.

baa, thank you for the advice in Welsh - a garden is female because it flowers, it gives life, it is beautiful or because I have to sweat and bleed to get rid of its weeds and make it smile ??

And gerddi, this is the trouble with nicnames that are without gender. Sorry, I meant no harm.

Dimitri

Rejoice!

I received my awesome pack today and will mail it on tomorrow, newly refreshed.

Baa, the RR is still in my hands, as there were terrible winds last week and Crete was cut off - no post, no ships no planes.

It has settled today, and I will try to send it out today.

Dimitri

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Dimitri

Not offended - I found it funny. I often make the same mistake with nicknames. I actually prefer to use my own name but it was already taken. I was learning Welsh at the time (still am - very slowly) so that's why gerddi came up when I had to have a quick think. A mistake actually because everyone pronounces it wrongly! (it is pronounced gairthi).

Welsh is an interesting language and Wales is a beautiful country - got good gardens to visit if you're ever in the area.

Thank you John and Dimitri!!!

Dimitri, I hope the weather stays reasonable for you :)

John, I hope you found something you wanted *G*

Gerddi, learning Welsh? Wow I take my hat off to you (well it's a bobble hat but still a hat), my voice box has difficulty pronouncing Llanelli let alone some of the real stuff. Is Welsh a gender specific language?

Hay on Wye has been my favorite spot in Wales when I could go there - and Malvern, with a tea room from 1622 or something - I hear north Wales is wonderful, I would like to have some more chances ot visit. Who knows...

Baa, seeds going out definitely tomorrow morning. And I apologise for the delay. And a little extra: a few cuttings from my 500-year old wild oliva europaea. Will they make it ??

Dimitri

Thank you Dimitri! No worries about timing :) If you do send the cuttings I hope the postman gets here quick *G* Wonderful, I'd love to have a proper Cretian Olive tree, you are a star ;)

Lorny75 has received the other envelope and is sending it on to Sueone in the next day or two.

Baa, seeds & cuttings gone today as express delivery mail. Should be with you Friday morning, otherwise Monday.

Evert, styrax seeds sent out to you today as well.

Baa, seeds arrived this morning, am about to make a cup of tea and sit down ,and go through my bag of goodies. Wanted everyone else out of the way so's I could enjoy the moment.!!!:-)
Will mail it on as soon as poss. Made some more roon in my propogator ready in anticipation.

Thanks Dimitri! I will let you know as soon as it arrives :)

Thanks Sue!

Hi Baa, just to let you know Hubby has promised to post the pack first thing tomorrow.Sorry it hasn't gone before, but I'm still not strong enough to make it to the p.o. and back, hubby wasn't here, and no one called round,so I couldn't cajole anyone else into doing it for me.I've popped in some spare ones too, trying to clear the box a bit,hope you don't mind.

In post first thing this morning .Hubby did as he was told for once!!..makes a change...then found out it was because he wanted to watch t.v. all afternoon, for sport!......

Baa, if it has not arrived yet, I wonder if the cuttings are going to make it at all.

I can send you more later, after the full moon of Feb - then the juices aare less vivd and the cuttings may make it longer. Let me know

Dimitri

LOL Thanks Sueone and Sueone's hubby!

Did he get to watch sport?

Dimitri

Many thanks! I sent you an email :) They arrived in wonderful condition and even a couple of tiny leaves sprouting.

Baa, glad things turned out OK

Let me know

Dimitri

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Baa, I just set up a Finland RR here.. no one had heard about it before, but in just one day, I got 20 participiants :D !

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

That sounds great Evert, good luck with that
Our package has arrived with me, so when I get a chance to sort out all the goodies (there are loads!!) and put in my replacements, it'll be on it's way to you saya :)

Thanks Dimitri, will do :)

Philomel, thanks :)

Evert, best of luck!

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Oooh...I'm looking so much forward for this package a long time...just jumping up and down because I'm so happy..Thanks Philomel!

Hi saya - the package is on it's way to you :)
Hope I haven't taken out things you wanted, and have put in things you do......

I took:
Polemonium brandegei
Francoa sonchifolia
Clematis forsteri
Verbascum bakerianum
Cerinthe major purpurascens
Knautia macedonica
Oenothera versicolor 'Sunset Boulevard'
Clematis alpina 'Frances Rivis'

so thanks to all who put any of those in

and replaced them with:
Endymion(syn Hyacinthoides) non-scripta [English wild bluebells]
Onopordon acanthium (Scotch thistle)
Salvia patens
Perennial white stocks
Arum italicum 'Marmoratum'
Rosa glauca
Acacia dealbata
Clematis montana 'Wilsonii'

There's oodles in the packet
Happy rummaging *G*

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Postdelivery is only once a day...but for me I look for the delivery a hundred times a day :D

What nice seeds you've send me Philomel! Just to go sure: did you include the adress from the one who comes next that I can send? Because I'm new in this RR and what I've understood this RR is running a long time allready and stops only during summertime. Did I misunderstood?
Thank you so much all of you!

Don't worry saya - there's an address label in there all ready for you to stick on the the envelope, and, as you're next to last in the chain, there is only the one so no confusion :)

Baa is SO well organised!

Thanks Philomel :)

Saya

The RR has been running for about 10 months now but when it came back to me I added new labels before it was sent out again.

This third round may or may not be the last time I do this as I've not had good feedback this time around, many things have gone wrong! It's up to the members if they want it to go out again in the next month or two.

Oh :(
Here's some good feedback from me then Debbie - I really appreciated you replacing the package that got lost and have thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. It was a brainwave to send two in opposite directions, but I'm sorry if there have been problems.
I'd be happy whatever is decided about when another goes out - I know it's a lot of hard work - but do hope this is not the last.......

Baa... don't give up!

Folk are human, and humans are folk.

I've had tragedies - plus triumphs - from my own RRs. I keep reassuring myself: Put it in perspective, I tell myself. You lose a little money, sometimes. And you sweat...

(Oh yes, don't we sweat. 'Tain't no fun bundling and labelling a hundred seed packets, only for the postman to lose them all!)

But we gain great friends. Don't we?

If you keep doing RRs, I will. A deal?

Love

John

Hi Baa, I'm sure that like most people in it,i really appreciate the work you put into it, even if we do forget sometimes to say thanks. So things go wrong sometimes, hey, that's what makes life interesting.It's like having a birthday more than once a year ,waiting for those envelopes to come through the door.
Once again ,thank you for your time and effort you put into it,you are much appreciated.
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.