Happy Birthday, Norma!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

So you were just about a New Yr's baby! congrats!!!!!!!! Elaine

Valley Village, CA

How did you know? Norma

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

happy birthday norma....hope its a happy and sunny one..:)

cindy

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

happy birthday!!!!

Valley Village, CA

Okay, I cought on to the secret. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Norma, I am sorry to be late with my birthday greeting.
I haven't had much time to be on-line since our
visit. Hope to talk to you soon.

Patricia

Vancouver, BC(Zone 7a)

Hi Norma. Been running like a fool all through Christmas, and just reading through catching up.
Saw it was your birthday. A very sincere but, alas, belated birthday greeting!!
Things seem to have become a little more active. You sure get marks for persistence!
Cheers, Barbara

Valley Village, CA

Barbaram good to hear from you.
Me? Persistant? Barbara, really? Thanks a bunch for my birthday wish, it is always welcome, no matter when it get here.
Now I'm moving on, trying to get an import license, and export license. Perhaps then I will be able to mail into Canada, but I must read the rules.
So on to better and bigger things, I'm 71 now, but I noticed on TV tonight people who are 96+ still work a 37 hr. week.
Barbara I started a Hoya collection, having about 150 species in about 3 months, my husband had a hot house built for me to house them. I think they are going to attract bugs, and be work intensive, so it's another learning opportunity. Norma

Vancouver, BC(Zone 7a)

Hi Norma. I am going to be travelling by car from Vancouver Island to San Francisco/Oakland, -then flying to Ontario, driving over to Palm Springs to see family.
Are there any special nurseries to visit either in San Francisco, or Ontario/Palm Springs. Mind you, your California Home Depots are like heaven to we deprived Canadians when it comes to great succulent collections, but
I'm looking for any advice you might have. (Oh, -this is all in mid march). Do you want me to īmport anything for you? (You know, maple syrup, wild rice, a Mountie....??)
Cheers, Barbara

Valley Village, CA

Barbara, there is a nursery on the end of Palm Clanyon drive called Mortenson's I don't consider that interesting, but you never know, nursery's change. There is a whole string of private nursery's coming down from San Francisco.
and of course the Huntington Gardens, the most famous of them all. Eby's, Ann Shein's (Sea Side),also RSVP (Fresno) Eldon Roberts (Rippon)I have three here in my valley, Bill Baker, Woodie Minich, Rogers Weld, one more that does not sell, he is a collector of caudex show plants(Artie Chavez) The Calif cactus Center which is large, well stocked and a hugh selection of pots as well. Let me know what you would be looking for, I'll direct you to someone that will have that plant. If I can be of help to you in any other way please let me know. Stay out of home depot and places like that, for heavens sake no names, and poor quality. Boring plants that every one else has. If you want cheap, stop in a mainly seconds, they have a lot of $1.98 plants. Again no names, I have nurseries around my house but they are not succulent nurseries, but they certainly have Home Depot and Target and the likes beat with their stock. Norma

Valley Village, CA

Persistant, that was a very polite way to say I'm stubborn, and bullheaded, I'm like a terrier, I get a hold of something and I become very thorough. I have been researching the name of a rhipsalis that I have. I just want to be sure. I lost it's name and I certainly don't want plant to die because of me. Very dainty, with white hair(soft spines) growing tight to the 3mm stems, which are slightly red this time of year. I haveh't seen it flower, so that is the problem, if it has red fruit, or white fruit, that will determine the name. Norma

Valley Village, CA

My birthday is over, I'm 71, and next year when you all remember to wish me another I'll be 72. Each of you will be a year older as well. I like to celebrate birthdays, it means I lived a year longer. My aunt lived to 92 celebrating birthdays, the last birthday we gave her string
panties, its was the first time I've seen her laugh in years. Of course she opened all her presents for all to see and held each gift up. It was like a bridal shower, she had never been married, so it was her first. What fun! Norma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.