What Kind Of Cactus Is This ?

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

Can some one please tell me what kind of cactus this is? It is about four feet tall. Can any one also tell me if it ever flowers?

This message was edited Saturday, Dec 14th 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by bayside
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

This is also a Euphorbia, Milk Tree, I think.
larkie

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

Larkie :) I looked up what you said it was close but not it :(

Valley Village, CA

All plants flower, or have spores. But the conditions must be right.Mature, enough light, correct pollinator and several other conditions may be required each specie is different. We are all different as well. Norma

Valley Village, CA

Cut off a piece, if it bleeds white sap, it's Euphorbia, it is a succulent, not a cactus, This sap is poisenous, wash your hands immediately in plenty of soap and hot water. If you have animals in the house I would remove the plant. If you have children please caution them not to touch the plant, if they do and get the sap in their eye, use milk to wash out the eyes and take them to the emergency room immediately. Buy an Aeonium Lindley sit it next to the plant for an emergency. I do not have one of these plants any place in my collection. Norma

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

It is deffently a cactus but what kind?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

This message was edited Saturday, Dec 14th 11:38 AM

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

Larkie, You are so close to what both plants are. No doubt they are probably Euphorbia. I wish that I had your knowlege on plants.

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

Crasulady2: Thank you for warning me about the plant being poisenous. I do not have small children but I do have pets. I will remember to wash my hands for sure.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

does it bleed?

Severn, MD(Zone 7a)

No I cut into it and it deed not bleed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.