Red dot

Some or all of the above
(25 votes, 27%)
Red dot

I don't have any garden photos
(13 votes, 14%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

My garden/plant photos are all arranged according to day, month and year in various (and numerous) folders on the computer. Which reminds me I must go and delete some of them!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I wish I was so organized Baa. I admire how you keep everything straight.

Mine are only in my DG journal, and I don't keep the disks the pictures were on either. I wish I would have so I could make a photo album.

On my hard drive but the are in various places on DG forums too!

San Francisco, CA

On my hard drive in folders with two major divisions, is it my plant or not. Then within the folders, I divide by plant, flower, close up vs non close up. Then all are saved to cd using Nero. In the "not mine folder" are other folders such as ones I saw somewhere. I just stop the car if I see something I like. The ones I saw at public gardens, the plant shows, the nurseries. It goes on and on, and it must be a sign of madness, LOL.

If I did it by years, I don't think I would be able to find a certain plant. I noticed that saved in meta data is the time and date of each photo, I can look at the data to see when I took the photo in terms of date and time.

I started the mine vs not mine when someone asked me about photos of plants that I owned, it was all mixed up with other people's plants, so I re organized in this fashion. Now, I can quickly burn a cd of plants, I own or owned at one time.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't have a real Journal. I keep all my photos in folders on my hard drive. I have one main "My Plant's" folder, then part of it is broken down into "My Roses", "Camellias", "My Brugs", and "Containers". The rest such as perennials, annuals and succulents are just alphabetical in the main "My Plants" folder. I try to keep it simple.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

I keep photos of my plants and garden on my computer in folders..named 2001 ..2002 and so on. The ones I especially like I print and put in a Photo album and frame some and hang them on the wall in my computer room.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Organize? :D Mine are in the photo envelopes mixed with all the other photos from the roll. Sounds like a winter project for '07

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL lupine -
Mine are everywhere - Organized on webpage by month and year also on DG in the journal. I use clubphoto and webshots and they also are in online albums by month and year. I print a lot of photos and they are in hard cover albums by year and after one computer disaster I also have them all backed up on disks. Yep, overkill LOL!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Luckily my camera captures to disc so by default all of my pictures are arranged by date. Now if only my discs were labeled I'd have the almost perfect set up! I keep new or favorite pictures in my documents folder. When I'm done I can just delete and know I always have a copy. On this computer I have 595 objects and 103MG in docs and more than that on my home computer. Guess I should do some more serious editing! LOL

When we first started we personalized our garden giving it the name of "Gingerwood". For years we put our photographs in albums according to month, year and wrote a summary of our work at years end, including an analysis of ideas and practical application of what worked and what did not.
Through the advent of the digital camera and computer technology we have for the past several years maintained our pictures on a web site, "gingerwood.com" faithfully recording the plants, trees and friendly critters who are frequent visitors and permanent residents in our garden.

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

I keep an ongoing gardening journal that I write in & at the end of the gardening season I add my best photos & all new plant photos. These pics are also stored on the Shutterfly website. Also started this year with my DG journal & added photos to it. Then I burn all my yearly garden pics to CD.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I keep mine a little of everywhere!!

"eyes"

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Stuck in the Pollbooth!!

"eyes"

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Mine were on my hard drive which is now gone because of the fire!! I know that I have some in the database here at DG and other's in the different forums!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them back!!!! I have tried with NO success!!!!!!

sue

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

ruby Sue
You can find them all just clicking on ruby42 and look at your posts.
Try clicking on pics in DG to enlarge. Then right click on the photo and save you a folder.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Mine are in shoe boxes, piles, drawers, the china cupboard, on the floor, on my desks (yes, multiple), on my sewing machine, bulletin boards, as wall paper on my monitor, in my bureau, in the study, in the studio, on the hard drives ( again plural), on the spare bed in the study, on the dining room table - I think that has it covered. . .

Burwell, NE(Zone 4b)

Mine are in my photo albums in order as to how they occurred along with everything else in our lives. Can one put photos in a journal here? If so, where. Can one view other folks pics if they have allowed for viewing? I would like to put mine up so as to show progress plus see what other folks have done. I feel so silly asking all these questions. But if I don't ask, I will never get the place figured out. Thanks! You folks are super.

I just moved to New Mexico the southern part of it.I don,t know the zone.I was wanting to find out if you can leave your alovera plant out in the winter here.Does anyone know? Thank you

Duncan, BC(Zone 8a)

I saved last years to a CD and will do the same with this years. I made a Family Event calendar with the best close ups last year. I have folders for Our Garden, Garden Tours, Brugs, Others.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I'm out on good behavior, now....

"eyes"

I keep all of mine right here: http://davesgarden.com/j/viewentry/5507/

I just uploaded my 300th picture a couple days ago!

dave

San Francisco, CA

I just looked at all of them, they are very nice.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Hey Kathleen, I KNEW I liked you for a reason! Thanks for typing where mine are for me. LOL Lani

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Mine are mostly together in old BIZ or laundry detergent boxes. I really like those for storage because of the nice fragrance and flip top lids. Nothing is really organised around here. I'm too busy to be very organized. If I stopped to finish every job before I moved on to something else very little would get done around here.

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

As I load them onto a folder on the hard-drive, I number them and note the date and the plant. Every now and then I load the lot onto a cd.

Being numbered as they are taken, I can zip through AC/DSee, and see how my wee place is progressing season for season.

the cd is of course for safety, and I have all photos, whether garden or family on the same cd, which is frequently changed.

Wintermoor

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I really don't have mine in a Virtual Garden Journal, but I have all my pics on the hard-drive chronologically... and most of them are garden pictures anyway. I store all the unedited thumbnails to disc, and periodically, I save the edits to disc, as well. I rename all my photos at the time of edit (Save As) and I include the date it was taken, as well as identification name and place. It's not a perfect system, but if I can remember when something blooms, I can find it!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have all my original ones in my photo program on my hard drive by the month I took them. I have them arranged by month then also if I have a separate category for them I pull them out and put them in that category folder like my rose, my neighbor's plants, my pictures of my son, etc. Then I have a separate folder on AOL that has all the pictures changed to JPEG and made smaller. These I have categorized by the month I sent them out. There are 2 categories, one is ex.: Daves Nov 02 or friends Nov 02, so I know what has been sent out and where I sent it.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Well, I have them in CDs, harddrive, PDB, DG, Puutarha.net, and all over... :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Evert, you are a virtual florist!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm moving mine into a MS Access database that I've developed. Includes 800 different plants, info and pix.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm afraid Kathleen has seen how I keep my photos too.They seem to be everywhere.

My digitals are all on the computer and easy to keep up with...and I'm trying really hard to learn to like my digital camera.....

I've just been working with film,lenses,tripods and 35 mm for over 30 years and it's difficult to change. If there is something terribly important...I just can't bear to use the digital....not enough control.

My film pics are all over the house and turn up in some of the oddest places...but orginization was never a strong point of mine.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Lani, yep, there is a definite connection between us!

Melody, I haven't REALLY seen where you keep your photos, but I plan to! I love my OM1 s, just wish they weren't so old and getting decrepit, kinda like me!

ORGA-NIZA-TION - three 4 letter words in a row!

San Francisco, CA

I was not in to the old pre-digital photography because I was afraid of making mistakes, and the cost of developing mistakes. Now, I can make a million mistakes and delete them with no cost consequences.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I once bought a book on how to organize your household. Have never seen it since the day it entered my door. LOL

(Zone 5a)

I put mine on a CD, lord knows I have no method. I have a problem with deleting pictures and have to many to keep in my files. I have garden pictures from 1985 and have to have them put on CD's soon.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I write on the back of the photos with photo pen then put in various albums according to catagory. I have probably 12 albums of garden related photos. Altogether i have

more than 50 albums, several are of pictures taken on trips.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.