looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

I have lots of Mimosa seeds (Albizia julibrissin ). http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1764/
I have picked a bunch already and many more still on the tree in the yard. Send me a dmail.!

Brunswick, GA(Zone 9a)

You're right Critterologist, the little devils that burrowed into my seeds were indeed weevils. They have a kind of a probiscus thing forward of the head.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi,
I have three Mimosa seeds tree lives in Beltchertown, Mass. I dont know what color it is. Dmail me if you would like them.
Robin

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

They grow like weeds here. I have seeds if anyone need some.

Brunswick, GA(Zone 9a)

Thanks everyone for the mimosa seeds offer. I only have Pindo butia capitata seeds for trade right now.

There is a variety of mimosa that have chocolate colored foliage and i think they bloom in pink colors.

Larry

I have never seen the chocolate-colored foilage, but mine do have pink flowers. They are so pretty! I love them, but they are considered "invasive" here in Georgia.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

If you want some just send me a SASE. Your welcome to them.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I bought the Chocolate Silk Mimosa last fall. It is so cute. I will save seeds for anyone when it flowers. I don't know when to expect it to flower, next year, later? It is about 5-6' tall.

I would love to see photos when they flowered. How cool is that!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I also have a Chocolate Silk Mimosa. I planted two in the same hole to get multiple branches. (I have done this with old species of Mimosas and had no problems.) One did great an the other one died. Now I have to fight with Wayside Gardens. I paid $149,00 per plant (tree). Wish me luck. If anyone else needs seed, my regular Mimosa in the driveway garden must have at least two hundred pods. They are free just D-Mail me with your address. No Postage. Santa Clause will pay.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I have PLENTY of the pink mimosa seeds/pods if anyone is still in need of them, just dmail me. I pull up baby mimosa trees out of all my plant pots and out of my flowerbeds every spring.

Quote from LynnPhillips :
I bought the Chocolate Silk Mimosa last fall. It is so cute. I will save seeds for anyone when it flowers. I don't know when to expect it to flower, next year, later? It is about 5-6' tall.

I would like to have some of the seed. I will dmail you my address.

Thanks!

They are on the invasive plants here in Georgia. I love the mimosa, they are so pretty!

Butterflies and hummingbirds love them too!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.