Here is a picture of my semps from better days-

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is after I recieved a BAD bug infested shipment of plants from a well known supplier. After that one shipment my plant collection of sempervivums went from over 200 to about 50... Very sad! I miss them.....

Thumbnail by datdog
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Kristi - these are really cool! Are they all hardy? What type of bug can do all that damage? I have 5 or 6 sempervivums and I've never seen a pest on them.

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes they are all hardy. Root mealies as well as vine weevils. All came as a bonus with a huge sempervivum order I placed last fall. Sad, huh.... I caught the vine weevils as they were CRAWLING out of the box when the order arrived so I had them under contol. What did it was the root mealies. By the time I noticed I had them, rot set in and wiped out every single one I had in pots. The ones in the ground weren't effected. Lucky me, most of my collection was in pots. Still not sure if I'll go back to collecting them. The main sourse I ordered from has the LARGEST selection- the same that sent the bugs. Kristi

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Dat, did you post a warning in the Garden Watchdog? If you have a bad experience with a supplier, it can help everyone to have a caution alert.

And maybe, just maybe, the Plant Fairy will bring you some new semps :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.