Unknown succulent needs ID

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Does any know know what this is. It has a milky substance when you cut into it. It roots very fast and the leaves feel like leather. Everyone that sees it loves it. I just wish I knew what it was. I think it my be a euphorbia of some kind. I can send close up pictures if that would help.

Thanks for your help.

Thumbnail by flowerjunkie
smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

is it a synadenium?......it looks like the one i have but mine is rubra(redish purple)....im gonna go and check my spelling...lol.....cindy

Valley Village, CA

I think a clue may be the four angled stems. The leaves sure look familar. Perhaps Cissus? Norma

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Flowerjunkie, I have something like that, and have always thought it was a euphorbia, too. Mine was outside for the summer, and got more bushy, then had a few almost trailing shoots. Some of the leaves had white in them, and that has turned pinkish or reddish since the cold. Some of the leaves are markedly veined.

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is a close up of the stem, its got four corners! I'll look it up under both suggestions.

Thanks,

Daisy

Thumbnail by flowerjunkie
North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Well, I would venture to guess???? Euphorbia of some kind???? Elaine

Valley Village, CA

Nope, I am wrong, beats me. White sap could be anything including Hoya, Stapelia but it certainly doesn't have leaves like one. There are milky weeds in my garden that I grow just for one kind of butterfly that lays it's eggs only on this particular specie, it really looks like it, it does have a milky sap. I don't know where to loook that name up. I would need some help. Crasulady2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.