Wants

Dripping Springs, TX

I'm going to a plant sale at a botanical garden this coming weekend. There might be cactus growers there(was the last time) Is there anything someone is looking for that I can help with. Hopefully this doesn't involve taking out a second mortgage!

Crossville, TN

Well...now that you mention it....I have seen pictures of a thing called "Puppy Toes" but have not seen it anywhere. I just saved my FIRST cactus seeds! Fish Hook Cactus. My neighbor has had very good luck in starting them from seeds. I don't think I have met you in chat or anything...so Hello!! You joined just before I did. I live below Tucson. Jo

Dripping Springs, TX

My roadrunner hasn't been at my window for a few days---so I guess your his replacement. Ok on to the "Puppy Toes". Does it look like a split rock? Do you have anymore info--maybe where you saw the picture? If not-- I'll do some research. Later I may have some seeds you can try in AZ. Acacias,sennas,salvias,Datura(Jimson Weed),Daleas etc.

Crossville, TN

Desert Rose...thanks you so much for your kind offer of Jimson Weed/Datura...but we have all the wild datura we need! LOL I saw Puppy Toes in a book...had checked it out of the library. Will try to find out more.. Thanks again....Jo

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

living stones?

Dripping Springs, TX

That's what I'm thinking. still having no luck on the "Puppy toes".

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i think they are so cute! always on my want list

Valley Village, CA

Could this be 'Baby Toes' look up the latin name of Fenestrarua, mine is in flower at this time. The flower will look like a Daisy or Dandelion flower.
This is a member of the Mesembryanthemaceae,(Lithops clan) don't even think of trying to say it. Norma

Crossville, TN

Norma...GADS! I'll bet I misplace the name in my mind and it may have been Baby Toes...they grew very low to the ground and in spreading clusters...and sorta flat on the top...and round bottoms. Is that any help? Jo

Dripping Springs, TX

RR-thanks for clearing that up. I've been calling and driving around asking for your"puppy toes"--with no luck. I do get really strange looks from nursery employees--like I spend my life at happy hour! I will try again. The jimson weed was a joke. I have a bunch I want to burn --but I'm afraid of getting a "buzz".

Crossville, TN

Desert Rose...maybe we could have a "burn party" Invite all our friends...and enemies...LOL Thanks for your efforts Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.