gorgeous! how big is the bloom?? you found some real goodies

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Thanks, tiG, it is just over 3 inches.

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous! Love the colors. Great photo!

Thanks, WaterlooLily (love your name!)

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Gee thanks, I live in the village of Waterloo with the Waterloo pond right across the road which gets tons of lilypads in it. So thats where the name came from.

Hamilton, Canada

could i get seeds of this one if you have lots? let me know and thanks.

joydie1, I'll be happy to share seeds IF it sets any. I have been watching closely, and hope to see some pods forming soon.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I think it is GREAT!!!

Hamilton, Canada

Pardancanda thanks...I'm crossing my fingers for you!! Its soooooooo pretty!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

John, the color seems almost periwinkle, where did you get your seed?

Lenjo, it came to me from someone in northern NJ, who imported it from a professor in Japan. Periwinkle is a perfect description of the color, thanks!

joydie, I made a note in my tradebook!

Hamilton, Canada

Pardancanda I may have a few of the Japanese Pink Star morning glory seeds...just starting to produce seeds...will save some for you...you are first in line...

Thank you, joydie1!

Hamilton, Canada

you are most welcome. I have it growing in a pot with a brug so i can bring it indoors and let it continue growing for the seeds...

Ilsan, South Korea(Zone 6a)

Wow Pardancanda!

That is a beautiful morning glory. I have some Japanese dwarf picottee morning glory seeds (these grow 12" tall, have blooms that resemble Rose Silk/Blue Silk) original strain is from Japan that I would love to trade for seeds of your glory if you have any left to spare. Thanks for sharing the picture with us!

Elizabeth
pinkangel420

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

So pretty if have seeds save me some please.

Hamilton, Canada

John,
just an update on the status of the seeds. I have lots of pods now, but they are not ripe yet. Will let you know when they are ready.

joydie1, sounds like we are at the same seed stage, hoping my seed pods ripen in the next couple weeks before the frost. Usually that happens here in NJ after the 15th, and definitely by Hallowe'en. Thanks for the update.

pinkangel, good to hear from you! Will be happy to trade, just as long as my seeds ripen in time!

REDROSE, can't find your trade list, what would you like to trade?

Thanks all! John

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.