cutting from golden euonymus

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

how do i root these. my 2 plants are gorwing up into my windows so i must cut them back.

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi jcf, chances are good the Euonymus has rooted in the ground for you. Any branches touching the ground will usually root on their own.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

WHAT ABOUT CUTTINGS FROM THE TOP?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

jcf, my neighbor and I have taken cuttings from the top. I've rooted them in pots but he insists the best way is to make a deep hole in the ground (he uses a piece of re-bar or the like, knocks it down in w/a hammer, wallows it out) then insert the cutting. This keeps the cutting way down in the ground where there is plenty of moisture. He's very successful at this.

I've taken the parts that show new growth (green shoots) and have also had good results w/the area where new growth and old growth meet. However, this was just for a hobby...as you know I'm definitely NOT a pro at this kind of stuff. (But I like to play!!) I'd give it a go if I were you.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Janet I rooted some just sticking it in a pot of ordinary soil Mabe just luck but it is doing nicely and overwintered outside in the pot as small as it was. Shirley

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks shirley i'll try that.

Rockford, IL(Zone 5a)

I cut my Emerald 'n Gold (Euonymus fortunei) and put them in my mini-sandbox. I got roots 6-8 weeks later. You can leave them in there longer or put them in soil.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.