Moonflowers for Impiefish!

(Zone 8a)

Imp...I had about 25 blooming last nite but could not get all in picture for they are on the back and sides of trellis!

I got about 9-10 in pic!

Are yours blooming yet?

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That's just not fair!!! Everybody's are blooming and not mine!!!

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Mine aren't blooming either!!

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Mine are but mine are lavender!

(Zone 8a)

Patience! They will bloom!

Dee...I have pink and lavender and they will not bloom! I would love to see a pic of yours!

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Rebecca, I just tried to take a picture but it was too dark. Using the flash just made it worse. I just need a new camera, that's all there is to it. I will try to get one tomorrow before it gets to dark.

(Zone 8a)

Shucks! Okay...do you do anything special to make yours bloom? Mine came back from last year and are growing and growing but no buds!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I am jealous! Mine seldom have more than 2-5 blooms a night. Yours look so lush...

(Zone 8a)

Darius...mine did too at first and now they are climbing over an 8 ft trellis and seem to like the height before blooming more profusely!

Thanks!
Rebecca

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Mine aren't blooming either.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Just gorgeous, such a shimmer on those blooms!

(Zone 8a)

Well I'll be darned!!!I checked my lavender moonvine today and lo and behold I found buds...I can't wait to see them!! Hooray!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

OK seedpicker..............what is the difference between a moonvine and a mg??? one opens in the morning and one opens at night?? otherwise the same???
I love this one.................

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Cala... mine aren't blooming yet either. perhaps the weather is still too hot. i do remember moonflower vines to bloom prolific when temperature gets cooler.

Rebecca, i have not seen a pink or purple moonflowers???? what is their latin or common name... inquiring minds wants to know LOL!!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Botanical name for Moonflower vine is Ipomoea alba. The pink one is just a variation on I. alba so it has the same botanical name.

The purple one is an import, some say from Central America, some say from India. It's name is Ipomoea turbinata (from the way the flower curls inward in the morning making a shape like a turban). It's common name is Lilacbell. I. turbinata is actually in the convulvulus family. It has naturalized in several states and has made it onto most of their noxious weed lists.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

thanks PlanterRik :). that helps to know the name. off to do some research now and try to learn more about these specie of moonflower. deeply appreciate ur help... ma vie

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I hope y'all with pink and purple moon flowers will post photos!

(Zone 8a)

Kell, they are in the same family and like you said mg blooms morning and moonflower blooms at evening! I'll save you some seeds they are just gorgeous and smell heavenly too!

MVR...I have never seen any pink or lavender either, I also have a pink one I hope to bloom too!

Plantrik...Thanks for the info!

Darius...I will post a pic as soon as they bloom!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Pick me some good seeds............. LOL...............thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.