Feathered mg!

(Zone 8a)

I managed to get a good pic of them today...Had to get on a ladder for they rambled into a dogwood tree about 10 ft! Whew!

Crimson...is this how your looks?

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I've never seen these before. Are the flowers double or just split?

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

WOW!!! how much begging would I need to do for a seed or two?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

ME TOO! those are gorgeous!

(Zone 8a)

All I know is they were labeled 'feathered' but they look more like a double with splits! LOL

I will start a list for these! Ya'll first in line!

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

Put me on it, please....................

(Zone 8a)

Green_leaf...Done!

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

YIPPEEE!!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can send in return. I can't wait for next year...LOL!!

(Zone 8a)

Artymiss! Wow! You just busted my eardrums! LOL

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 10a)

Please include me in your list.
I have seeds of MG Split Personality from T&M to trade for yours.
Thanks A LOT!!!!!!
Lucia

Hamilton, Canada

Put me on the list please. I would love to try these.

(Zone 8a)

Okay! Ya'll are added too!

(Zone 8a)

Crimson....still waiting for an answer!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

would love to get in line unless you've closed it off.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Rebecca... the Mt. Fuji i grow has feathery leaves, the blooms are similar to the photo u posted. not it isn't double but the bloom is too ruffly and splits in two sides. do u know why?

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Doubles like this are usually sterile because all the inside ruffles are really mutated stamens. So don't hold your breath for seeds.

However, if it is Hige, the ruffles are from an external extra layer rather than from the stamens, so it would have seeds.

I guess you'll have to wait and see.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You are determined Imaseedpicker to put me to shame!!! BTW, how big is this bloom???

(Zone 8a)

Tig...will save you some too! Did I send you any in your package?

MVR...I don't know why they split and ruffle I've had some to do that too, I blame mine on the drought!

Planterrik...These are hige and they do seed! The vine above came up from seed from last year for I didn't plant any this year!

Kell...I'm sorry but you have driven me mad!!! The blooms are not big maybe 2-3 incs...

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey Ima,

My Higes haven't bloomed yet, but I have Ki-Kyos that are blooming every day -- some doubles (sterile), some not (fertile and seed will still produce doubles).

Do you have other colors of Hige? Both my Higes and Ki-Kyos are from mixed-color packs; so, I won't know what color they are until they bloom.

I've tried to bonsai two Ki-kyos and one Hige. One of the little Ki-kyos is full of buds and only about 14" long.

Do you have any others?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

PlanterRic.....please post pics of your babies!!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Sorry, Kell, I don't have the technology (no digital camera, no scanner), but, if you want to come by, I'll be glad to show them to you!

Meanwhile, here's a link to a picture of a single Ki-Kyo: http://www.poporo.ne.jp/~kondoh/asagao/kikyou02.jpg

And here is a picture of some bonsai morning glories at a competition: http://www.poporo.ne.jp/~kondoh/asagao/99osk04.jpg

These were cultivated to produce especially large flowers (some are 9+"!). My vines are not so effectively miniatured; so they look more like the one in the top left corner, except that my leaves are miniature also. I expect smaller flowers, of course -- the same size as Ima's Hige (2.5-3") -- unless they turn out to be proportionally as small as the leaves, which would be kinda cool.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

PlanterRik... have u tried processing ur photos saved on a cd? Walmart do process film to be transfered on a cd. there is also an accompanying software along with ur photos. i use to have my films processed by Walmart and transfered on a cd. it is easier to transfer photos from a cd to ur pc. just my 2 cents... ma vie

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

BE STILL MY BONSAIED HEART!!!
too much..........thanks for the links!!

Hey Planter Rik, I wonder if I have a Kikyo......I will post a pic in a minute when I find it!! If my memeory serves me....... please let me know!!
Thanks so much..........guess who will be looking for the bonzai ones...............as will everyone one else that sees your links.......LOL!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am sorry , can't find pics now..........will try to take another tomorrow.....if you could check then........thanks

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

bonsai morning glories ... http://www.poporo.ne.jp/~kondoh/asagao/asagao99.htm

check this bonsai site ... http://www.geocities.co.jp/Foodpia-Olive/9155/dantei_e.html

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks Rebecca, there weren't any in what you sent, I just checked:)

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh please, could I have even just 2 or 3 or them? Thank you, Doris

Hamilton, Canada

Anyone have links to Japanese Morning Glories other than the one posted by MaVieRose? My Mt. Fuji isn't and I have no idea what this.

(Zone 8a)

djm...you're in!

Joydie...what does yours look like?

Maybe one or two seeds left,
for me!

(Zone 8a)

Bitty...you too if they make enough seeds and I think they should!

(Zone 8a)

They are ready! Give me an email for my addy please!

Happy Mg'ing!
Rebecca

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Rebecca if you have a couple left I would like to have them. I am always last I guess. Must be OLD AGE.

(Zone 8a)

busybee...I have plenty! Just give me an email! Wish I had known I could have sent them with the other seeds! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.