Succulents

Dutton, AL(Zone 7a)

Does anybody know where I can find good information on succulents and pictures of all kinds. I have a small collection, but do not know the names.

Ryan

Thousand Oaks, CA

You can almost spend and infinite amount of money on great picture books and journals at Rainbow gardens (Rainbowgardens.com ... I think). It's a great bookstore. The problem with succulents is there are SOOOOOOOOOO many species there is no way one book can do even the slightest justice. I have several 'Succulent Encyclopedias and Dictionaries' and they only touch a little upon each genus. There are literlly journals devoted to just one genus, and even 10 years of journals at 12 journals a year and you still wouldn't come close to covering all the Euphorbias out there. But I love to buy the books and look anyway. Have fun!
Bbob

DesertTropicals.com is also, a good site for succulents and houseplants. Good info and pictures.

Kerry

Dutton, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks

Is this the right place for the new succulent forum? I just love succulents but I'm not mad about cacti because of the spines. One particular thing I love about succulent plants is the way if anything goes wrong at their feet, you can root plants afresh from their leaves or the tops; You can also swap leaves without as much fuss as with other plants. And some of them are such fabulous colours. Thanks Dave for the new forum.

I should have asked my 'Bride and Groom' question here, since it is a succulent. I'm looking at the little creature now - looks a bit like Aeonium!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.