I need to know how to.

(Zone 5a)

Can anyone here tell me where to find the seeds on a Blue Boy vine(thunbergia battiscomberi),clock vine and I call it a susan vine.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Dont know the answer bt that is a beauty. If you do get seeds i would be interested

(Zone 5a)

If I ever find them your more than welcome but you will have to remind me.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous flowers! I'd love some seeds if you have some to share :~)

(Zone 5a)

Shirley I haven't found the seeds yet and not sure if it makes seeds? I'll keep checking.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi Wind, if you have seeds later this one would love to have few if not that will be fine. This is beautiful great color match with blue/yellow. I love it.

Oh by the way I am sure you will love see my cat's eyes just put photo forum.

(Zone 5a)

I will go and look, but you know I love em already lol.

(Zone 8a)

Wind...it looks similar to my yellow susan vine and when the flower falls off the green pod will still be there and seedpod should be round at bottom with a point at top...I hope I explained it okay...if not just give me an email and will send you a pic of the yellow!

Hope this helps!
Rebecca

(Zone 5a)

Rebecca I also have the yellow susan's and these don't have the little pods after the flower is spent. The whole thing falls off even the stem they were on. I do thank you for trying to help.

Wind,did you buy this as a plant? If so,then maybe the thing doesn't make seeds and have to start by taking cuttings.Would try and start another plant from a cutting and see what happens. These just may be seedless and as for me; well, I'm clueless.
I know,not really much help am I?

(Zone 5a)

CoCo I did buy this as a plant, I think that I am going to call them and see if it does produce seeds.

Jackson, TN(Zone 7a)

Very pretty vine, Wind. I looked and looked and found nothing about seed but did find information on the vine at Floridata.com.( www.floridata.com/ref/t/thun_gra.cfm)

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to insert hyperlinks here, yet. Hope it helps.

Melissa

(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much for trying, but I have already been there and couldn't find any information on how to collect seeds from this plant.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Wind, like coco said, I would take a cutting or two just in case....

(Zone 5a)

I hope to get some seeds as well, just in case something goes wrong.

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

cuttings of T. Grandiflora and T. battiscombei are easy to root by wounding the stalk above a leaf node, and then a little rooting hormone, shake off excess, put in sterile soil....Mist daily if your humidity is low. Keep soil a little on the moist side but not too much. they root in 3-6 weeks.

(Zone 5a)

Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.