Japanese beetles

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Found my first 2 this AM; just thrilled as it is so hot and humid to be out-will have to wait until dusk or get up really early to check the garden. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O honey I know the feeling!!! I have tons of them dang thangs and they are feasting on alot of my plants, and I hate it!!!!! I have thought about getting a beetle trap, but I have always heard that the trap draws more of them to your yard!! That's all I need! So what's a body to do to get rid of them things????

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I take out my frustrations on the things one by one, so far I have no major infestation-but if I do will check with my county agricultural agent. They and the local Master gardeners can be quite helpful ( I also use the "bug" people from the UW- lucky to have that to use. I do not know about drawing more to yard- but if they are using pherenomes (sp?), you could get a lot; they would be traveling anyway. If they are heavy in your garden, I would be really forceful- I saw what just one (that I found on a plant) could do!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

my fish love them:)

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL anytime you run low on fish food, just holler at me I got plenty!!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

We had an enormous hatch yesterday - couldn't even walk on the grass. There were thousands of them clinging to everything - even weeds!! I paniced after getting two big cups full and went and bought 3 traps. I too have heard that they draw more JB, but after having them out for a few hours, they were almost full, and no longer on my flowers. I am sold on them!! Wonder how many more hatches there will be!!

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

I also found two this week on my Evelyn rose, I"ve never really have had them before. When I was little my great aunt who used to watch me everyday had a HUGE rose garden and I just loved checking the beetle bags every morning to see how many we caught!!! I guess the gardening "bug" can bite pretty early in ones life!!!
Becky

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.