Slipping back in quietly! :-)

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Everybody!!!!!

I'm afraid I owe everyone a very big apology!! I have been AWOL for a VERY LONG time. Things on the "home front" really got bad. Without going into details, I've left my husband and will be divorcing him. (Translate that leaving him to I no longer have flower beds to tend to either since I left our home.)

I truly have missed everyone here!!! The members of this site are truly the most amazing people I have ever known in my life!!!! Their generosity, their warmth, their kindness and their friendship have been something that I have truly missed!!! But I felt I needed to be away. There were and still are many things that I have to deal with in my life.

On the bright side, I feel like I'm standing in the doorway to the rest of life, about to embark on a grand adventure. I don't know where that path will lead. But I have faith that it will be a rich and rewarding journey.

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!!! Ooooops, sorry for shouting! LOL Over 15,000 members!! WOW! And all the forums! It will take me days to go through this place and see everything!!! I am VERY IMPRESSED!!

Dave, Trish, and all the other "original" members, please accept my most humble apologies for being gone so long. I feel like I have done the community a great disservice by disappearing like I did. Don't argue with me...I did go AWOL in the still of night! LOL Everyone was in my heart but my very survival was a priority. I do hope that in time you can forgive me.

Please accept my most humble apologies,
Sharon

Thumbnail by SMSpear1
Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

((((sharon))))

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi ((((((((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have truly missed you!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a very dear lady!!!!!!!!!!!!! To quote a song "God must have spent a little more time on you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How have you been? Bet you're melting in the heat! How's the family? Did you move or stay put? How's the business? So many questions! So much to catch up on!!!!

(((((((( Lisa ))))))))))))))) We'll have to talk soon!

Lots and lots of hugs to you,
Sharon

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

WoooHooo Gal!!! So glad to see you 'round here again!

You have been missed!

Lots of hugs and hope things are going good for you!!!!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

((((((((((( Melody ))))))))))))) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you? I've missed you too!!!!!

Things are getting better one day at time! The only way I know how to live! There's so much to catch up! We have to talk! Do we have a chat room? Let's throw a party just for fun!!!

Hugs and hugs and more hugs,
Sharon

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The chatroom is open on Tues. nights and Thurs.mornings.Sometimes it gets a bit crowded in there with all of the members we have now,but it will be such a pleasure to have you around here again. Hope to catch you there!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

I will be sure to be there!!!!! Is the link posted when the chat room is open like it used to be? I hope so! I really am looking forward to chatting with everyone again. Guess I better get my typing fingers limbered up and refresh myself on the speed reading too! LOL

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes Sharon, Dave puts a countdown up so you know how many hours and minutes. (6pm CDT) The icon will come up when it opens.

This is just soooo great!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Sooooooo Coooooolllll!!! I will be there with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes! LOL

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Sharon, I don't know if we've met before, but I'm so glad that things are beginning to look up for you. I've also been there and done that, so if you need to chat, just let me know.

Hugs and Blessings to you,
Joan

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Sharon, Thank you for the nice words. Yes, we did move, right around the corner..LOL! It is a beautiful little home in the swamps. In its own way...grin...it really looks like TN here. Just add a little heat & humidity though!
The business is doing fantastic. We actually have a couple of folks working for us!
I have worried so much as to what happened to you. It is so good that you checked in. ((((((())))))))hugs!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi JoanJ, thank you for your words of encouragement! They are appreciated! I'm just taking things one day at a time. I've got the rest of my life to get through the details.

Lisa!!! I'm so happy for you! That's great that the business is doing so well!! I am so glad to hear that. I'm alive. I'm well. And I have much to do. At least now I can do things when "I" want and not when someone else dictates that I do them! That's a very liberating feeling and a little scary too. But...I'm a survivor so I know I'll be just fine.

We have to talk soon!

Hugs to All,
Sharon

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

I, too, am not sure if we ever met, Sharon, but I still wanted to add my words of encouragement and welcome. I've never gone through a divorce, but have left some very significant others, so I figure if I multiply those feelings by, what, a thousand (?) it might come close to what you went through. OUCH!!!!! I feel for you! I'm glad you are doing better now and came back. Welcome home!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

HI Wingnut!

Thank you very much for your welcome home! I appreciate it. I do hope you never go through a divorce. It's not fun and to think that this is the second one! My best girlfriend has already been given strict instructions that if she EVER hears the word MARRIAGE come out of my mouth again, she's to clobber me on the head and bring me to my senses! LOL This is one woman who is truly looking forward to the single life. Selfish? Perhaps. Right now, I think I've earned some single time.

I hope I see you around DG!
Sharon

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Anytime. Selfish? Nope. Smart? Yep. I think you've earned some single time, too. Thank you for the good thoughts for Kenny and me!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Sharon WELCOME BACK!!!!!! I bet you got a shock when you checked back in and saw how much DG has grown!!!!!!
sue

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Ruby42!!!

Boy was I ever SHOCKED!!! That's an understatement!!!! If I had false teeth, they would have fallen out! LOL What's Dave been doing? Using the Miracle Grow on the membership? LOL

Thanks for the Welcome Back!

Sharon

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome back, Sharon - great to see you "slipping in the back door"!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

go_vols!!!!!!!!!! How are you? Thanks for the welcome!!! It's great to be back! I'll see you around I'm sure!

Sharon :-)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It's GREAT to see you. You're right, you're a survivor and you'll do fine. Are you still working for the store?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Gardenwife,

Yes, I'm at the new store! And it's beautiful!!! The first night I went there to work was a month before it opened so we could set it up. I spent an hour just walking around looking at the place. I don't believe just how exciting it was walking around a new grocery store!! LOL

We'll talk more later!!!

Huggggggs,
Sharon

Crossville, TN

Welcome Home, Sharon...and good to meet you!! Jo

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Welcome HOME Sharon!!! Your doorway will lead you to brighter, happier tomorrows, one day at a time!

"eyes"

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi!!!!!!!

It's great to be back!!!!!! I've really missed this place!!! I have a lot of reading to catch up on!

See everyone around here and have a great day!

Sharon

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We've got a Super Wal-Mart being built in our town and we are PSYCHED, big-time!!!!!!!

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Welcome home Shirley

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sharon I sent you mail but I will repeat now. Welcome back friend - so good to see you again!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome back Sharon, sounds like your on top of everything!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome back (a bit slow here on my end but sincere). I wondered where you disappeared to. Glad you are making your life better than before. Do you have anyplace to garden?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

You were gone but not forgotten! Welcome home! Major Life changes you are facing and it sounds like you are facing them with a fine attitude!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Well lookee here! Just found this thread. Looks to me like you arrived safe and sound! Welcome back!
Best of all to ya while going thru this mess...sure sounds like you have a good grip on it tho!
Hope to see you posting and checking in!!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Everybody!

The past week has been pretty hectic. It's great to be back!! I wish I did have a place to garden right now! It's very theraputic for me. Oh well, there's always next summer.

I have been over to the house. My flower beds are a mess!!!!!!!!! But they are blooming even though they are negelected. I know he hasn't even watered them. It's a good thing I like growing wildflowers. They are pretty hardy.

I'm still working nights and it's past my bed time. Geeeezzz, I don't think I ever get to bed on time! There's always just too much to do.

Have a great day everyone! If things settle down here in the next week or so, I'll be back in here reading and posting. (fair warning! LOL)

Sharon

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

SSSSHHHAAAAAARRRRRRROOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!! OMG
Im sooooo glad to see you-IVE really missed you and thought about you so many times!!!! hows our nephew doing !
OMG your really here!!! I dont come to this forum much -to many people to welcome anymore and not enough time lately!
Wow you are back and looking and sounding ready to take on the world!! Im doing the happy sharons back dance!!!
what took me so long to come here-and why did i look today!!! oh happy happy-you need plants girl-i have a few ;) id be glad to give you whenever your ready!!!
((((((((((((((((((SHARON))))))))))))))))))))))
ive missed you girlie!!!!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hhhiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so goooooooooood to be back!!!! I've missed you toooooooo!!!! Things have been a little crazy for me but I'm a survivor so I take things one day at a time! There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day but you know how that goes! I'll be around reading and catching up on this amazing place! Looks like Miracle Gro was poured on this place by the gallons!!! I will be around. Hopefully more often as things become a bit more stable in my life. BTW, my nephew is doing pretty good. A month ago they did another surgery on the bone in his one leg. It just didn't want to mend like it should. But other than that, he's doing good. Thank you very much for asking!

I will see you around and take care!!!!
Sharon

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Well Sharon, it doesn't look as though you can just slip back quietly! What a warm response! I am new, and hope to 'see' you in the forums!

golddog

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Golddog! And welcome to Dave's Garden! I have to agree....slipping in here quietly surely didn't happen! LOL The people here at DG, my friends, well.......they are the BEST!!!!!!! We're glad to have with us.

Sharon

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Wowzers! I hardly come to this forum, always too busy. Sorry for the late "welcome home"!!! Thought and wondered about you quite a few times while you were AWOL.

Take care
((((((((()))))))

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Jody!!!!!

As you can see, things have been very "interesting" for me. But it's getting better and that's the good news. I'm just taking life one day at a time! I do miss having my flower beds to take care of though. Guess I'll just have the joy of starting all over some place else!

It is good to be back!! And thank you for welcoming me home!

Sharon

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, Sharon - C'mon over and take care of ours. ;) It's so good to see you around here again, girlfriend!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

It would be my pleasure to help you out with your garden!! There's nothing quite like digging in the dirt in the early morning as you listen to the birds singing! I really miss that! (but not enough to return to hubby and the house, if you know what I mean! LOL) Guess I'll just have to start a new garden whereever I end up living.

Have a great day!!!!!!!
Sharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.