First tomato from the garden?

There are a total of 114 votes:

We've been enjoying them for more than a month!
(10 votes, 8%)
Red dot

They're just now ripe enough to pick
(7 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Not for a few more weeks
(32 votes, 28%)
Red dot

Not even close yet
(57 votes, 50%)
Red dot

I don't grow tomatoes
(8 votes, 7%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Iola, WI

I have a shared garden in my back yard. One of the neighbors always planted tomatoes and then neglected them. As tomatoes ripened and didn't get picked I'd "adopt" them. I don't care for raw tomatoes myself, but my DH loves them! Waht he couldn't eat raw I cooked with (I like them cooked, in recipes).

This year they didn't plant any. I guess I still have time...

I have one teeny weeny plum tomato so far.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I planted the tomatoes rather late, so nothing even close yet. But I did notice some flower buds on some of them today.

montgomery, AL(Zone 7b)

We have been eating tomatoes since May 15. Sure do love them too..

I don't expect tomatoes until at least mid July. Ours have flowers and upto mid sized fruit on them so far it'll take a while for them to ripen though.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Mine are just starting to put on flowers..

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Just getting flowers and some tiny fruit. This is unheard of around here.Usually I'm covered up with them by now,but the spring floods kept me from planting my garden till about 7 weeks behind normal.

Fortunately,we've got a very long growing season ,so I'll get a full harvest as long as they don't cook in the heat.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

no flowers and no fruit yet
it's a waiting game now...

(Zone 5a)

I just ate my first one last week, and now have green one's ready to fry.

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

have fruit on the first planted but will be 4 weeks yet
just put the last in yesterday been to wet and fri i had to start watering peppers on some shallow ground need to much now i'm done planting maybe but everything looks good and have 120 days till frost

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well, we've got plants LOL! Guess it will be a few weeks before we start getting anything. Glad some are already enjoying - how bout somebody bringing me a BLT? wheat toast please !

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Groan....when I realized this question was going to run this week, I almost ditched it - talk about rubbing salt in a wound! Like Melody, our planting date was delayed, and our spring was hot, then cold, then rain, then cold, and now hot. Argh.

Ah well, perhaps we'll still get a good crop, but certainly not as early as usual :)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I figure anything growing is better than 2 years ago, when Steve sprayed the entire garden with weed killer because he forgot to mark his nifty sprayer. He sprayed, we couldn't figure out what smelled so bad and voila the next morning the entire garden was leveled, the potatoes, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onions - that stuff works great on veggies. Now when we spray it on weeds across the street - well, that is another matter! Bye the way, I took it away from him LOL! He was almost gonna start spraying the flower gardens until I said they look fine - thank goodness I was around to stop him!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oh my haighr what a story. i think i might have sprayed him nexxt. :) just kidding. i haven't weed wacked my husband yet and he's killed a few that way. :)
i have 2 baby tomatoes, one day to be a roma and a beefsteak. :) and lots of buds on 4 plants the other 3 only a couple. but they are getting big and healthy. :) can't wait to bite into that first tamater.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL Never happen debi - we just laugh about it and go from there!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Life has been cruel this season and I didn't get any maters planted so I voted not even close yet since it will be another year befor I taste the sweet acidic juices of a home grown delight trickle down my throat and gush out over my lips onto my shirt....unless I can get passed the neighbors watch dog and into their veggie garden....but that just wouldn't be the same :~)

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

I had a slow spring, and couldn't plant as early as normal so it'll be a while yet. But then again, I don't wait for them to get ripe to eat them, I Love fried green tomatoes and green tomatoe lasagna. MMMMMM'M

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.