If you have a kids' garden, what's growing?

There are a total of 67 votes:

Radishes and/or carrots
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Tomatoes and/or peppers
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Beans and/or peas
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Corn (ornamental or sweet corn)
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Cucumbers, squash and/or pumpkins
(2 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Annual flowers
(3 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Herbs
(4 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Other
(2 votes, 2%)
Red dot

A little bit of everything
(14 votes, 20%)
Red dot

I don't have a kids garden
(40 votes, 59%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

The only kids here are old enough that we are beginning to act like them again. :-) Do have a big garden though with a little of everything in it.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I only have goat kids so I grow a pasture for them. Lani

Sykesville, MD(Zone 7b)

I have one son (12) that gardens with me and does know flowers, but he's trying his hand at veggies this year.( He started them in his bedroom, had them everywhere! )* Just like his mother* lol. The other son (11) is doing flowers this year. Annuals and Perrennials The neighbor kids used to tease them, now they're getting interested in it ! I love it

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No kids here. I grow lots of stuff and if any should wander over,they're welcome to participate,but since I have none...no kid's garden.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

All our children are grown but we do have a grandson(13)living with us. He does most of the lawn mowing and helps a lot in the yardening. His mother has a garden and she is helping his younger sister(9)grow a few plant. I've cut way back on the amount of everything we're raising this year. We;re concentrating on moving daylilies and iris out of the old fencerow this year.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

All my gardens are becoming kids garden - my 4 year old granddaughter is the head of landscaping! she and her 7 year old brother helped me plant pansies this weekend in planter boxes and in the ground under one of the old roses. They both love the getting dirty part most, I think, but you've got to start someplace!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Our kids are 31, 32 &36 they have their own gardens.
But still show up at "the folks" to do their laundry.
..................................Dennis

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

my kid is 24 . I made her a nice hanging pot. She says she doesn;t want to be responsible for anything that lives. She won;t even take a jade home. I am dragging her to a plant class the end of June. DRAGGING>

This message was edited Wednesday, May 29th 10:50 PM

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I'm not sure what my garden is, hahaha =)

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

My boys don't seem interested in helping in the flower garden, but when it comes time for the veggie garden, they are all over it! (ages 4 & 7). I just can't seem to get it through my youngests' head that he has to wait for the plants to grow & produce before he can eat them. He goes out every day & asks if they are ready yet! he even helps me pull weeds, as long as I show him what to pull.

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

Stacy is 13 and has her own garden for 4 years now. Her Iris I gave her was blooming before mine did! She always plants the same annuals along with her Iris. She loves viola (any shade of purple) and Amethest Queen Zinnia's. Bridget is 6 and this is her first year of taking an interest in having her very own garden. We planted her garden together. I gave her one of my rock gardens which only had Iris in it so far this year until we put two morning glory's (pale pink ones) 4 mixed bachelor buttons, a white violet and two purple petunias. The girls are responsible for watering and weeding of course. Bridget was so ecstatic when she got her first bloom on one of the morning glorys last week! She dragged me and her father and sister to see right away. They look like they might be just as interested in plants as I am!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.