I agree with Patty

... when she said that this chat room has really changed things. I can't really get on it at any time when anyone else is there so I'm missing you all with th forum chats we used to have. It worries a little too that it seems to be even more addictive than this type of computer use, as if I need any encouragement to be more hooked (!) .

Guess what the weather's doing again? Yeah, it's raining HEAVILY and we've got to go out in it momentarily. Got a Baaaaaaaaad hangover so I don't want to drive so I've been guzzling orange juice to rehydrate and delaying as much as possible before going out but the market starts packing up at 2 so I'd better get my behind in gear I guess.

See you all Monday (I hope)

Lots of luv & stuff

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

morning gang! i'll not be around much today. I am off to the big city of New Orleans. I am working at a garden show today. Have a great day friends. Jo, I agree with you and Patty, even though I am guilty as charged! Smiles, Lisa

Hello all, i am sorry that you have a problem with the chat room patty, it cant be much fun for you, and it is getting a bit addictive, but i am sure the novelty will soon ware off.

Morning, Jo, had a nice long chat with ribbitcat last night, we finaly caught up.

Lisa, have a good time today.

I wont be in much today either, i am building my new pc, this one is going in five minutes, so i will catch you as soon as i can, bye.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes Patty it is just as we feared re the chat room. I am a pretty loyal kinda gal and I won't go on the chat if you are around - you may have noticed that :-). I know you said you don't mind but it does affect you in a way. I hope you are feeling almost yourself today - I know you have a lot on this weekend - all that food!! Enjoy!

I am not going to be on here much at all today, just like the last couple of days. Things are hotting up for us regarding our move. Today the landlord is bringing people around to view this rental. I hate it, as though I haven't enough to do without worrying about that also.

Jo - hangover? When are you going to learn...lol!

Alan - We are waiting for great stuff here!

Lisa - Thanks for the email. You are the best (hugs)

Mary, Sheila,Ribbitcat,Dori and all friends - Hi!

I will try and get to chat on and off for short spells but in the meantime have a lovely and peaceful weekend. :-)

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi all.
I'm affraid I have to agree with you all with regard to the CR. Even though I enjoy participating in conversations with people who don't usually post here, I do feel that some of us are missing out because of it and I feel that's not fair.

Patty, I know that you can't come into the chat room, but please don't feel too left out. You have alot of friends here, and I hope i can include myself as one.

Chatting on this foram is just as fun, even if it is a little slower, and it also has the added bonus that EVERYONE can join in.
I'll still be here!!

As Alan said, the novelty will probably wear off. It's far too easy to write a lot of rubbish. It is also a disadvantage not being able to read what people have said before you.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hi all! i am back, had a great time today. i worked the childrens "hands on" area. what fun! talk to ya'll later! i want to be more considerate to those who can't join in the chat room...so i'll only go in when no one is here. talk later! Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Daisy, Hi Lisa and Alan, Sweltering in the 90F mark here. Straight slap bang into summer. Went to Lowes this afternoon and saw great trees for about $15.00 -about 9 pounds - (I wonder why our keyboards don't have the pound sign on them?). I have a question for our American friends - why do city water supplies have arsenic in them? I've been meaning to ask this every day and keep forgetting. Anyway, back to the plants. I think the US is far cheaper than the UK when it comes to gardening, but we are talking about big stores. Now nurseries are something else! I won't go near them except to browse. The acer that I quoted above was about $75 in the nurseries, but they have to pay their way. Glad to hear that you had such fun Lisa - knew you would!! Alan, got that scanner going yet? I guess Patty is still cooking, or more like EATING!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Louisa, I have a good friend who works for the waterworks system, I'll ask him that question for you. I am glad you made some good deals :)...going back outside (again) BYe all! Lisa

Hello all, i am back, its been a long long long long day, and i am not haveing anything to with building another one of these, now i am really tierd, so i will see you all again tomorrow, good night all.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Is anyone still here?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hi daisy!

Hi lisa i've had an awful evening, fancy a chat?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yes, what is wrong?

My best friend has really hurt my feelings

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

what happened daisy? i am so sorry :(

Is there anybody else about? Shall we go into the private room?

Hi patty, I was just about to tell Lisa all about my bad evening. Maybe you could both tell me if i'm being silly and overeacting?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

how do you go into a private chat, i just know how to go into the regular one. Is that what you want? or is there a private one?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yes patty
hello!

As Patty has joined us, we can chat here. Talk amongst yourselves coz this could take me some time to write out my evenings events......

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

i am sorry daisy, maybe we can make you feel better :) Patty is good for doing that! (making you laugh)

Well, was my best friends birthday today. Ive known her for 5 years. She has 4 kids and hubby, but shes not made a fuss of atall by the family. I go round to see her about 2-3 times a week, our kids are the same age. She's always saying that she and her hubby never get to go out on their own anywhere.

I made her a lovely birthday cake, took me 2 hours to ice it, looked like a chocolate box with flowers on and everything. I also bought her 4 perennials, and told her hubby last weekend that if he wanted to take her out for a meal or something in the evening, i'd babysit the 4 kids. So I did. Thats where i have been for the last 5 hours. Only to find they had made arrandements secretly to meet a couple of friends go for a meal and cinema.

I don't know if i'm overreacting or what, but i feel taken for a mug. I wouldn't ask a freind to babysit, and go out with another freind.....what do you think??

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

aw, daisy i am sorry. maybe she made plans before you asked to take the kids...could that be it?

no, coz when i popped round this afternoon to give her the cake, the couple turned up just after me and they new nothing of it.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

daisy, i don't know what to say...:( if you guys are really good friends maybe you should just have a nice talk with her about it. Is that possible? Patty it is okay about the chat room thing :) everybody understands what you were saying. Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Patty made a good point daisy. I know i would be hurt really bad (doesn't take much with me).

Hello, sorry to butt in, they took advantage of a siyuation daisy, dont read to much into yet, but test how you are treated on your next vist, it may just have been a simple thing, but i can ubderstand your feeling being hurt.

You know what it's like when you put yourself out for someone and you do something for them and it makes you feel really good about yourself. Thats how i felt all day, untill i got home and hubby informed me what had happened. I felt ive been kicked in the stomach. Oh well life goes on. Thanks for listening

nobody else will look after the kids exept me. Also what made it worse was that she was all over me with gratitude when they got back. Which is unlike her, very unlike her! I thinks she's probably got an attack of the guilts, what do you think?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

daisy, could her husband have made the arrangements with the other couple? Maybe she wanted to tell you but just couldn't because she knew it would hurt you. Maybe she just mentioned to the other friend that they were going out and you were watching the kids and the other friend invited herself. Talk to your friend, she will understand and she will probally have a good reason on why it happened.

Yes your probably right. What makes it difficaut is the other couple that went with them live opposite me.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

you see daisy, you should really just have a heart to heart talk with her. If she is your friend, she will understand and I bet she feels just as rotten as you do right now..(big hug) lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.