EU RR Series 2

Wow super fast Deblynn, THANKS! and thanks for taping those naughty seeds up too.

You aren't the first to say I missed my obvious vocation in life LOL. Sorry :( I've never been able to write legibly, all my handwriting books at school had teachers red pen all over them *G*.

No, Wintermoor, it couldn't have been one of your packages, which were not only quite lovely but secured very well. It may have even been some of my own seeds? It's ok, I overtaped lots of things today, so hopefully no one else will have a seed spill. :-)

Hey Baa, it's not that bad really. Maybe none of us can read properly. Who can really say, eh? Most doctors seem to wish they'd been veterinarians anyway (what else can you do if you don't make it into vet school......) but I digress.

The RR is on its merry way to Evert, stuffed full of neat seeds. We've all done a great job, haven't we? :-)

Good point Deblynn LOL!

Just thinking out loud here but I have two things I'd like to put forward:

1) the RR can go round a 3rd time

or

2) Once it comes back to me, I can list the seeds left and everyone can request a few of the packets on a first come, first served basis

What are your thoughts?

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Why not just keep it going till people don't want it anymore?...... since I can't imagine I'll plant about 80 - 100 wallflowers, so I could put some back in, and get something else, then we've all spread a wee bit of everything amongst each other.
Or is that just daft??

All the best

Wintermoor

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

We can always request to drop out when we've had enough/no more seed.........

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

sounds good to me,I've always got spare seeds hanging around, as you say ,there's often more than enough in most packets than we use,so please count me in.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Thank you Deblynn, I got the RR today! Fast service in Scandinavia ;)

I will send the rr out tomorrow... someones seeds had leaked by the way, looks like poppy seeds. Or something, or is it Myosotis? Not sure -

Only one of my own bags was left, Strelitzia nicolai :)

So…. I dodn’t take many seeds this time. Then I packed the seeds back to the envelope, and weighted it, 218 grams. Ould cost 2 €uros, why it is always so expensive here :[ To deblynn it cost only 14 DKK which is about 1,88 € hehehe :P
Anyway, I put the stamps on and a few Priority stickers. Then the address label and went to mailbox with my bike. Then I got envelope problems again. The envelope – it was too thick! I tried to put it there again but no, it was still too thick. When the envelope was pretty ‘deep in the mailbox’ I had to take it back, but there was spikes inside the mailbox and the envelope slitted. Luckily I didn’t lost any seeds to the mailbox. Then I went angry back home and made a new envelope. Cut off the stamps from the envelope and clued and taped them again on the new one. My dad had gotten some free big bubble wrap envelopes from his workplace and I used them. They were justs the right size :) (*almost*) The envelope looked fine and new, then I took my bike again and went to mailbox and put the envelope there, and it made it.. it will leave tomorrow’s morning mail. Mailbox will be emptied at 8:00 am (UTC +0300).
I hope it arrives soon, and without problems Southmede! Let me know is the envelope still in good condition as it was when it left here ;)

Wow the Postal services in Northern Europe are really fast.

Evert, I'm so sorry you keep having problems with the envelopes. Thanks a lot for making a new one :)

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

With all that effort on you part Evert I'll really will appreciate the awaited arrival. I don't think that I could manage to retreive a package from the letter box. Reminds me of the Mr Bean sketch when he steals a stamp from an envelope'''''''''

:] Did you get the letter yet?

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

yes it arrived this morning a in good condition and I will send it on tomorrow. I have taken out about 10 packets. I found it harder to swap like for like, but I have managed by putting in some commercial packets which I don't need. also have put in some more cardoon seeds. Great fun....

Great stuff! Thanks Southmede

OK looks like we're on for a 3rd run, if you don't want to be included please let me know by the time it reaches me.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

just got the package this morning, will hopefully be posting it out tomorrow when i've rummaged through :)

Baa, should we wait some time before posting the 3rd run?

ok i've taken out:
platycodon grandiflora (balloon flower)
inula helenium (elecampane)
strawberries
sweet peas
clematis 'the president'
shamrock
scorzonera hispanica (black salsify)
cobea scandens (cup and saucer vine)
antirrhinum majus (snapdragons)
annual poppies mix
lettuce 'great lakes'
foxgloves mix
celendula 'fiesta gitana'
thymus vulgaris (thyme)

and put in:

black eyed susan
mange tout pea
cerinthe major purpurescens
rudbeckia occidentalis 'green wizard'
runner bean 'painted lady'
red marconi sweet pepper
salad burnet
variegated tree mallow
dill
fennel
talinum paniculata 'aurea'
purple liatris
indian bean tree
crocosmia lucifer

i'm up for a third run a bit later like evert, i should have harvested some things in a few weeks..

I won't have any new seeds from my own plants for about 2-6 weeks. :(

posted the parcel today, it's on it's way down to you now, John :D

Thanks Lil!

I'm happy to keep the RR until September for a third round, what does everyone else want to do?

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

I'm easy-peasy, I'll go with any majority vote.

All the best

Wintermoor

Sounds fine with me. Maybe those vicia seeds will be ready then? ;-)

Yes, I'm happy with that too Baa. May have some more by then. :)

September? Well, yeah, it is ok, but August I woul dhave had fresh seeds :} I think Sept. is still summer for you but to us it is the last days of summer and then it starts to get colder.

I will try to find some seeds when we go abroad. :D

I'll go with the flow, I'm just starting to harvest my seeds ,I've got euphorbia seeds in my sunlounge in a pot, pinging all over the place as they're drying !! We've got a garden party on Monday for the Jubilee, must take them out of there before then, or my guests will thik that one of the kids is shooting them with a pea-shooter!!!I'm really dissapointed with my montanas this year, not a seed head to be seen, I think they all got blown off in those winds, last year they were covered,and I('d collected tons of seeds.
Evert I don't think we're going to have a summer here this year, mind you, it might be in the next two days, blink and you'll miss it, i've got my shorts on already :-) if that doesn't make the sun go in I don't know what will.

Evert

The reason I suggest September is because many of us will still have gardens in bloom and just starting to harvest seed. My main seed harvest and drying time is October/November so it's not really a suitable time for me but I'm trying to accomodate everyone here.

Sueone

No summer in Dorest? *G* It's certainly early summer here in sunny Hampshire.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Baa

Can I join the round Robin in Autumn? Like you, I won't have any seeds dried until October (or even later when it comes to Berner Landfrauen beans). I'd love to join in then. And is this the same one as the Village Guild RR or totally separate?

Gerddi

Yes of course! The more the merrier, pleased to have you on board :)

This is a separate RR to the one our dibbering John hosts but based on John's idea of a perpetual RR.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Thanks Baa

Please put me on the list, then. As I said, most of my seeds will not be there until the autumn, although I will be collecting a few very soon. I'll keep those safe until autumn.

Hi,I recieved the seeds on Sat morning, there was a lovely selection again! It was posted on too on Saturday, but I couldn't let anyone know as I was taken ill again, and back in bed . But I don't think that there's any post until Wed anyway 'cos of bank holidays, so Pilomel ,you should get it Wed, or possibly thursday.

So sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope you're better again now! Always seems to happen on holidays when you want to go out and enjoy yourself :(

Ooooh better get my seeds sorted. Look forward to the package

Sue

So sorry to hear you were taken ill, I hope you have recovered! Thanks for posting the RR out so quickly.

John

Thanks to you also for your speedyness, it must be all those beans ;)

Gerddi

You are now on the list for the Autumn RR, details to follow closer to the time. Thanks for joining in :)

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Hello Baa, and all others-

I just woke up from my hybernation, so it looks like I missed this one.
If there is an Autumn RR please don't forget to add me to the list.

thanks

Dimitri

Great stuff Dimitri!

Are you still at the same address?

Thanks sueone - the parcel arrived this morning. Do hope you're better now.
I'm working all day today, including this evening, so i'll have a look tomorrow and should be able to post on to you friday Baa.

Hi all, yes I'm back on my feet again, we had a garden party for 40 odd people, so I couldn't not be !!! Thanks for the great choice of seds in there, I think that this is the best R.R. I've ever done, everyone has put in a really good selection of seeds,many thanks Baa for all your hard work,it's much appreciated.
When is our summer going to arrive? I don't mind it being overcast at least if it rains, but when nothing comes out of the skies, and I end up having to water things, it miffs me a bit.
Talking about that, I must tell you about my psychic powers :-)When we arranged this garden party for the jubilee (hubbys idea) everyone kept saying that the weather was forecast as going to be abysmal, but I knew without a doubt that it would be sunny. As a child I would experience these 'feeling' knowing that things would or would not happen, I never used to question it.This is the first time that I had one of these 'incidents' in years, the last time was when my daughter was born, they rushed me in as an emergency caesarian as her heart kept stopping, they were all flapping around, and I kept telling them that it was fine, I'm sure they thought I was either simple ,or mad !Well, I was right and she was fine.
Come the morning of the garden party the rain was lashing down, hubby dashed out to buy gazebo, despit my protestations that we wouldn't need it,people kept phoning asking if was stil on, and I'd say yes , the sun 'll be out,and dead on 3 0'clock, when it started, the clouds parted ,and the sun shone from then on.Mind you hubby wasn't too impressed, as he'd decorated the gazebo by then ,so he couldn't take it back ! A good time was had by all, only one little one fell in the pond,and luckily they were staying with Grandma up the road, so Mum took him home to hose the duck weed off and get him changed.

Sue

Great to know your are up and about again. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your garden party despite hubby being a little out of pocket. Maybe he will give your psychic ability a bit more credence next time! What a great sense to have.

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Hi, Baa.

Yes, same address as always (it's a P.O. box you see).

Can't wait.

Wishes

Dimitri

Dimitri, I've wondered, do you use both Greek and latin letters in addresses there? When I send letters to my friend in Belarus, I usually write cyrillics. But can use latin letters too. I think the letters reach the adresses better when written in Greek, don't they? =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.