EU RR Series 2

Whooohooo

Thanks everyone! The first round of the RR has been completed and what a good selection there is too. Very tempted by Johns naughty sunflower *G*. It's taken just 3 weeks to get back here as I posted it on Easter Saturday, not bad for our postal systems eh!

I will be making my selection tommorrow and intend to post it back out on Thursday morning. (Bearing in mind the envelope size for our friends in Northern Europe this time) I will assume everyone wants to see it again so the order of posting will be

Wintermoor
Deblynn
Evert
Southmede
Lilith
John Yeoman
Sueone
Philomel
Baa

If you don't want to be included on this run please let me know.

If you aren't on the list but want to be, again, please let me know and you will be added.

Anyone want to share what they took out?

Also any suggestions or comments (about the RR that is, I've had quite a few suggestions given to me over the years ;)) anyone wants to make will be most welcome :)

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Yiippeeeyyaaaeee!!!
I'm looking forward to this, the only thing which makes me a wee bit apprehensive, is that I don't have such interesting seeds as all of you others..... maybe my Ma-in-Law can help me out a bit ;-)
BTW are you wearing those bootees again?????
lol

All the best

Wintermoor

ROTFL! Since it's a cool evening .. yes, my feet are bootie clad.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Baa - yes try to find a smaller envelope ;)

I don't remember all the seeds I took out but at least from baa's seeds I took Oreganum, Calendula 'Pacific Beauty', Scorphulia (or something, didn't mean to take it but found it with the other seedbags I took after sending the envelope.. :/
And from Deblynn's seeds I took at least the mosquito flower, and mentzelia.

What did others take?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I took out:

Mixed spp penstemon
Butternut squash
Mixed Ipomoea
Hypericum polyphyllum
Clarkia amoena mixed
Echinacea purpurea
Melandrum rubrum
Phacelia tanacetifolia

How about everyone else?

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi,it was a great selection, i can't remember all that I took, but I know I had a couple of the heritage toms,corgette de nice, alliums, tagettes,clover, physalis, pyracantha,
talking about tagettes, I'd never really bothered with them before last year, i suppose i thiught them a bit common, until I got a packet in an xchange last year, so I thiught I'd try them, and i'm hooked, they made good cut flowers, I even like the smell, so this year I'm trying differnt ones.The same with rudbeckia, i'd never bothered with those either, I see that there's a nice green one too 'Green wizzard' i think it's called.i'm determined to plant a load more flowers for cutting this year,i've started off a load of dahlias,and annuals for cutting. Will get hubby to plant them in veg plot, then it won't look so empty !! :-)
Can't wait for it to come around again, it's like birthday s again.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i've got some rudbeckia 'green wizard' if you're interested, sueone. got some new seeds to put in the new RR too!
lil

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Yay, a wondrous idea! Can't remember what I took out.

May I offer just a little hint to future seed sharers - please package your seeds well! I admire the ingenuity of those little origami shapes of twisted card, like a postage stamp with schizophrenia, but... they spill seeds.

Put some tape on 'em! Please?

Love

JOHN

I hope my seedbags didn't 'leak' ;) Or did they? I had the funny looking white selfmade ones with tape and rivets used for closing.

hi Lilith, are they as good as they look in the cataloges, sometimes I've bought seeds from the picture ,only to find that when you grow the actual plants, you realise that the pictures are 'doctored'

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Sueone - never grown them yet, they were a freebie from 'Gardener's World Magazine' and are from T & M. i'm gonna try them this year, so we can compare notes if you like!

lil

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

I remember taking the fringed Lavender and I'm still waiting for them to germinate. I have been growing some each season because the smell is gorgeous. I am attempting to have a Lavender hedge by my path to the greenhouses which are chockablock full.

When will be the second run be sent? Because I don't have any new seeds at the moment, and not for a while.. plants are just starting to bloom here. :(

It's going back out on Tuesday now, things just went hectic here. If you want to be missed out of this one Evert just say and I'll rejig the route :)

:/ Hmm.. just keep me on the list, maybe I find something -- :)

Hi Lilith, sounds good to me, I'm really into cut flowers now, I put my dahlias in yesterday in the veg plot, and am going up in a while to see what remains of them ! :-)I've covered them with cut in half pop bottles, but the slugs still manage to find a way in, it must be like their own little dining dome !
Evert, I had some of your clover seeds out, can you tell me alittle bit about them please,

Thanks for all that Evert,where abouts in Finland are you ? we're coming up around that way on our hols, though I'm not sure if Honningsvag is in Fin;land or not.I'm really looking forewards to it. I bet the scenery is fantastic,

In south, in the next city in west from the capital, Helsinki. Honningsvag? No idea, it must be in Norway.... SO if you're going to Norway you will propably not visit Finland ;)

Well everything is ready to go off tomorrow morning.

I best tell you what I took out!

10 week Stocks
Lupin Russel Hybrids
White Valerian
Viola mixed
Salvia farinacea
Sue's mystery pink flower (can't resist a mystery!)incidently it looks like Malva seeds, ring any bells?))
Eryngium
Bupleurum rotundifolium
Diascia Rose Queen (I adore these)
Linarea purpurea
French bean Borlotto
Salpiglossis
Viola Tiger Eye
John's naughty sunflower (again, couldn't resist!)
Tomato Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Baa, nice to see what people like.
Take it we're all in for the second round, looking forward to seeing what turns up this time!

Yes Honningsvag is on the coast of Norway, sueone and evert. You'll be rather far west of evert sue.

AAhh, possibly Baa, I don't always manage to keep labels with tubs when I'm drying the seeds as the cats have a habit of walking all over thgem, and knocking out the labels.I'm not such an expert yet that I can identify them by the seeds ,
Thanks Philomel, my geography is terrible, we're going by boat up to spitzenbergen,and stopping at a few p[laces along the way. I must look them up, so I know where I am,! :-)Anything north of Bournemouth and I'm lost !!!

Yes, I've done that route. It's fabulous, but we did have a heat wave!! I always try to go on hol. with my mum - she attracts the good weather LOL!

I particularly liked the Lofoten Islands....... and Tromso was good......and North Cape......and .............all of it really!
:)

One thing to watch for, come to think of it, as you go further north the plants get smaller and smaller, until at North Cape and Spitzbergen even the trees are prostrate willows etc - nothing taller than 2'! It's like going up a mountain past the tree line.

I have never visited northern Norway, nor the northest Lapland! Kuusamo is the northest place I've ever visited, I think.. Ätelitsiputelitsipuolilaudatsijänkä could be a nice place, it is the longest place name of Finland. Npthin when compared to Llanfairpwyllgwyngoger... how did it go?

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Ho, Baa

You took out my Abe Lincoln and naughty sunflowers?

What would Sigmund Freud have made of that, I ask?

Reminds me of the time I told my wife: "I'm going walkabouts around the paddock - dibber in hand - with Abe Lincoln in one hand, Auntie Madge in the other, and a Tobacco Worm and Bloody Butcher in each pocket".

"Don't come in here, you dirty beast!" she squealed.

My wife is not a gardener, alas...

Love

JOHN

Sue,

I'm no expert on seeds either but I do recall separating a whole bundle of Marshmallow seed cheeses last year. The Malva family seem to have a very distinct seed case. Watch and see how wrong I have it when they grow into plants LOL

ROTFL John

I've long since given up on self psycoanalysis, I dread to think what old Siggy would have made of us British gardeners! Abe will keep the Green Sausage toms company along with a Roma or 3.

You're wife is probably just upset that you haven't got a nice new shiney wheelbarrow for her. Either that or she was worried about you dibber handling in public ;)

Baa, Penny4 has just posted a photo of Viola 'Tiger Eyes'.
http://davesgarden.com/showthread/239273.html
Great isn't it?
:-D

Thanks Philomel :)

Funny really because last week I couldn't find hide nor hair of it and just last Thursday a friend sent me a pic of the new Viola she has bought ... Tiger Eyes! LOL Now I have confirmation. Thanks!

YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
the parcel has arrived here, when I came in this evening there it was. What a great selection. Thanks folks I'll just keep them all, and sign off from DG as from now. Bye!!!
But to the serious side:
It will be winging it's way to Deblynn tomorrow noon.

All the best

Wintermoor

Hey Wintermoor, don't forget ... We Know Where You Live! LOL. (Baa is calling the hoard led by Attila the Hen as she types)

Great stuff, Thanks!

Did you get in then??

:-D

The envelope with the EuroRR was posted at exactly 11:55 today, and is winging its way to Deblynn at this very moment.

All the best

Wintermoor

Excellent, many thanks Wintermoor :)

Nae prrrroblum ;-)

Why does it always get to me right before the weekend? Then I can't impress anyone with how fast my turn around time is. :-) Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing what's inside this second time around.

Sorry Deblynn,
but if you have it over the week-end you can plant the seeds, and those which grow you take, and the others you send on ;-)

Happy planting :-D

Wintermoor

Too funny, Wintermoor, but an excellent idea. ;-) I think I'm afraid if I have it over the weekend, I might take out more than I really need. The people at the post office probably miss me though, so I'll be their monday surprise. :-)

Hi everyone! I just finished putting my seed packets into the RR and will be mailing it out today. Same day turn around, woo-hoo. :-) Monday is a holiday for us, so I figured I'd try to beat that delay.

Great selection again and very hard to decide. One of the seed packets may have lost part of its contents. I couldn't figure out where the seeds all over my table came from but I did tape a few packets up, just in case.

Hey, Baa, are you sure you aren't a doctor? I can't always read your handwriting..... ;-)

They seemed ok when I put them back in, and I tried to get them all laid in so that they wouldn't all clump up at one end. I wonder which ones opened? Was it one of my packets?

All the best

Wintermoor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.