Tuesday April 3

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning friends. I have to visit the city this morning on some business re the house, so I'll catch you all later. Hope you have a great day :-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning folks! I am off today too. I have to go to pick up some plants for the hubby. I'll catch up this afternoon! Have a great day all! Lisa

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

good morning,
I had so much running to do yesterday-today I can stay home and relax-just have to do laundry,dishes,sweep, vaccum, mop cook and hopefully go outside this afternoon. Its 22 degrees this a.m. a high of 45-50 but the wind will be off the bay so cooler temps here! *sigh*
I will read all the post I missed yesterday-brb!

Hi everyone, I don't think any you could guess what I've been up to today..... yeah, I've been gardening !!! It's fantastic outside, everythings growing like it's had a mega dose of miracle gro and the sun's shining, it's warm and I've been attacking my much too tall and too thick privet hedge and the grass that's left after I converted to veggies and weeding and I'm exhausted now. Have stopped to readyesterday's posts and to say hi before going off again (in 40 mins) to get the boys from school. Might just hav a quick shower first tho'.
Sheila, hi from yesterday, no I wasn't kidnapped or transported to a harem but there was a pioint in the weekend when anyone could have taken me away and I don't think I would have noticed, or if I did I wouldn't have been able to protest. The Mary Rose is in better condition than I was.
Off to zoom around forums as always. Back in a mo.

Jo

Hello All, its been quiet on here the last two days, the little rodent that scoffed my seeds is no more, its been another nice day, not as warm as the last two, i have come in for a coffee and to duck the rain thats just started, so,i will finish my coffee and carry on outside, the suns out again now.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

IM wanting so baddly to have warmer temps so I can get outside-these winter blues got to go!
We have puddles now from the morning rains,but the sun is trying her hardest to bust out from behind those clouds. At least I can be thankful its not(whispering)s n o w .
I dont have to cook tonight-wrestling banquet for the boys.
Everyone thats in their garden-you are .....so LUCKY! ;]
enjoy,
dori

MOUSE KILLER !

Morning Dori, sorry I have to go now. Isn't michigan one of the REALLY cold places in the US ? I seem to recall seeing news items several times about hard winters (?).

Alan, no I understand the need to place traps, it's just something I couldn't do.I found non-lethal mouse traps in Focus DIY a couple of years ago and when they're caught I take them far over the fields and let them go. Probably to be eaten by a kestrel or a cat in their new and unfamiliar surroundings but at least I try to give them a chance. I just think they're so CUTE !

Got to go - see you all tomorrow.

BTW Lisa have 37 people to check out so will take a bit of time. Sorry.

Jo

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good for you JO re the humane way of catching mice. Sorry Alan, no can do for me either. Dori, I'm sure it won't be long before your Spring arrives. My son and his wife, in Chicago, are also tired of the long, cold winter. It's hard to imagine how some states with these typical winters, can then have such high temps in the summer. I had a bad case of heat stroke two years ago in Chicago - caught me unawares. We just got back from the city to find two red-headed woodpeckers (don't think they are so colourful back home). They were swaying and a swooping in their mating dance, oblivious of the car drawing up or the rest of the activity going on around them. Red cardinals, doves, squirrels, blue jays and little itty birds that looked like wrens but I don't think they were. Must get the Audobon book of Southern birds.

No-one here, so catch ya later!

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 3rd 1:25 PM

At least theres no way its going to come back and eat the new seeds i have sown today,and it died instantly, even had a dopy supprised look on its face, big goggle eyes popping out of its head too.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Sorry just me, the mouse killer.

Snap, we had a heavy shower with a rumble or two, its dull and cool now, but its been ok up till an hour ago, had a busy day hunting mice with an elephant gun and a man trap, cant let the little buggers get a hold, they have a bad habit of breeding, and lots of little mice mean lots of eaten seeds, so no thank you, sorry if the picture was a bit graphic, but that what it looked like, realy supprised,:), its quiet again in here.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Patty - How are you feeling today?. I'm kinda sick after reading Alan's post. Hi Jo, Alan and anyone else out there. I think my house is boarding ladybugs, one yesterday and another today.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Then I'm glad we're moving out of here. Just saw your lovely picture of the emu. How does it manage the cold in the US?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Never eaten wild turkey, but there's a lot of them around here. I bet they're more tender than the ones we buy in the supermarket!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

We went to another vet today, he was more interested in the welfare and quality of life for our cat than giving him [profanity removed] injections! Saw the cutest kittens and puppies that he had rescued from the SPCA. He has spayed and neutred them for free hoping this might persuade people to adopt them. Nice guy too and the place was as neat as a pin and the girls were lovely. One girl, was feeding a new kitten every three hours to keep it alive. It couldn't have been longer than 4 inches. I wanted them all :-)

UK Forum here - ladyBIRDS, remember? If you're going to visit, you have to humoUr us, and speak our language, right?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Mary...lol. You would think I had been in America all my life instead of just a few years. I usually do stick to my native tongue and I don't know why I said ladybugs, but of course I meant ladybirds! Thought they did a lot of good for us gardeners with the amount of aphids they eat.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

His name is Dr Rose!!!!! He is going to look at all the test results and then contact me. He didn't want to see Brandy at this stage, in order not to stress him any more than is necessary. Maybe this one is not just interested in medication and lining his pocket! I'm sure our first vet knew what he was doing, but lacked the human/animal touch!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Mary, are you getting thunderstorms too? Hey, where's Alan gone. I'm feeling so tired lately, just these last couple of days - surely it's nothing to do with the hour we lost! Maybe it's the weather dull and depressing!

Mary, quiet right, but dont forget they out number us 50-1, and one of them has there finger on the off switch, lol, but its a good job we know what they mean, most of the time anyway.

Patty, dont like turkey, it too dry, i like a nice juicey chicken.

And the ladyBIRDS, have been out in force in my garden this weekend, but theres a lot of green fly and black fly about too, i think its going to be a long hot summer here, they are early.

Who wants a mouse sandwich, :).

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have a friend who really goes through that S.A.D. thing. You know, she gets sick due to the lack of sunshine.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry, got to go! I can't keep my eyes open. Hope you soon get to feeling A1 Patty. Bye Mary, Alan.

Of all the animals on this planet, i HATE rats, they should be exterminated, all of them even the so called pets.

Patty are you sure you havent had the flue, that wil run you down for weeks after you have had it, and some people dont get it as bad, just like a heavy cold, but they do get all the aches and pains after, just like you have now.

Hello Louisa, still feeling sick, :), soooorrryyy.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi all & "mouse killer"!...lol

Patty, were are you from ?, Louisas only five hours behind the UK, its 8.10pm here.

Actually, my weather here hasn't been too bad today. It was lovely this morning (while I was in town), then it sort of rained this afternoon - straight down, but only 1 drop a minute, then later rained properly, but only for a while. Getting dark here now - almost dark enough for bats, but not warm enough yet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.