Tuesday April 3

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Patty, noah did a good job, he should have them two rats to drown, i do like animals, and yes i prefer them to some people on this planet, but rats are horrid, they are going to kill off mankind.

Hello daisy, where have you been all day, we missed you.

Mary, are you in the gulf strame where you live ?.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

ok, here we go again!!lol
Right, go to picture of Britain.....
Go to the bottom.....
On the right a little way up is a large bump sticking out into the sea...
Thats called NORFOLK
and im right in the centre of it in NORWICH.......found me yet?????

Alan, always the smoothy!!
So ya missed me hay???
I'm on BT Surftime which meens I can only get on between 6pm and 8am for free. Can't aford to use it during the day. Good job or my little one wouldn't get a look in!!

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 3rd 3:27 PM

Daisy, oh i see, thats why you are on mornings at weekends, i have the freeserve anytime, thats 24 hours, it just disconects you after two hours, that can be a pain at times, and me a smoothie, ha, havent you heard all the name they have been calling me today, they dont think so anymore, even Jo has had ago.

Ah, but if I'm honest I would treat any rodent in the same way as you. Espectially if it had nicked my seeds, wouldn't stand a chance!!

Daisy, I'm on the same sort of thing as you, off peak for a flat fee. BT are doing a 24hr access one now, for only £14.99 a month. I wish we could have that here, but I'm on the only flat-rate one in Ireland, and I think they're stopping that for new people.

I'm in Carlow, middle to south-east of Ireland. Alan, I know it's wet here, but I'm not in the Gulf Stream. I think we get some of the best weather, though, as sometimes the places nearer the coast seem to have it colder or wetter than we do, and have on-shore winds.

Patty, was that supposed to be POO Alan, or Poor Alan??? LOL

Patty, how true, but not even mankind can get everyone, the rats will get the rest, because they will carry the deseases that will kill of man, see, i think we should agree to diagree about them. lets talk about Lamas instead.

LAMAS??? afraid I Know nothing about them hissing, buck teeth creatures!!

I don't have much experience of llamas. Anyway, I'm off to get some food, and then we have Survivor and The West Wing on TV tonight, two of the few things I like.

Bye all.

Daisy, she ment poo.

Mary, Ireland does get a lot of rain, but the winters are warmer than ours ?.

Patty they put a "this disk will self destuct if you try to use it again" clause over here, but some of the deals are ok now, competion has made it a little better, but no free ones, even mine, its called freeserve but it still cost £10.00 a month, but thats not bad at all really.

Sorry Patty, seems my lack of cultured years is showing again!!

I could swear the Lama at our local wildlife sanctury spits?
Must be something to do with British Lamas..lol

A Lama is a stupid looking camel with its hump ironed out,:), Yes i thought they spat too, i saw something on the goggle box(tv) last week i think, they are used a guards for sheep, because they spit at the wolves and drive them off.

What other animals do you keep then Patty.

She's fine. Had the morning at playgroup, while I went to the dreaded dentist. She's just fallen asleep watching the disney film "Dinosours", and all is quiet, ahhhhhhh

Patty, so sorry forgot all about it, i will ring him now, back in a minute or two.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Hiya to everybody, weather was okay this am but after lunch it p***ed it down. Alan so the aphids are in your area, not seen any as yet as i look over my roses in the morning before work, but i have a lot of spiders in the garden so they might take care of them.I am on the 24 hour BT anytime which costs 14.99 a month-but i can get my work from it and saves me having to go 15 miles to head office everyday, only need to go then 1-2 times instead,saves me getting an headache as when we had to report everyday we had to be there for 9 am and it meant going through 2 towns with all that traffic.Work was the main reason that i got a computer and i had to get the internet as i have a hard-disc with my password etc.Anyhow will go for a trot around the forums-Bye for now Sheila. If the Americans want to know where i live its between Liverpool and Manchester.

Lewes, Sussex, United Kingdom

Alan ,I'm with you. I have costed the damage to my tulip and crocus display due to the cutest,cheekiest little vole you ever did see. I had given up giving him chocolate as an alternative and now he is munching away just as the earlies are beginning to come into bloom. I had one in a humane trap every morning for 10 days until I put tippex on his head and found I was catching the same vole every day. This one is going to go on a long car journey with concrete galoshes on when I catch him. I can't agree about rats though, They are the most intelligent,friendly and rewarding pets I have ever had.It's a real shame they do'nt live very long. Rob

Patty, sorry i forgot all about that, i just rang him, he cant remember how to get into it to put it right, you can adjust the modem settings some how, and one of the settings is set on, it needs to be turned off, but he doesnt remember which, this may be one for the computer forum, sorry.

Now Patty, I dont hate cats, i just hate them [deleted] in my garden, i do like cows, no problem with Lamas or camells either, and i do like snakes, they eat rats, :)

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 3rd 4:17 PM

Hello Sheila, Rob, Rob, give it a peanut on a mouse trap, that'll do the trick, save you petrol cost too, lol.

patty, sounds good, tell me more, i have handeld snakes before, its quite good.

I have to go, i will see you later patty, but i suspect the rest will be in bed by then, so night all.

Hay Patty, just to let you know, I'm off to see my brother on tuesday evening to borrow the scanner. So I can show you how ravishing Alan Titchmarsh is!! I'm also going to TRY to scan in some pictures of my garden so you can all sympothyse with me at how small it is!

By the way I can see my neighbours...all 20 of them!!! I live in a new housing estate, where every house is about 3 metres away from the next. Good job we all get on (as far as I know!). My garden is about 10mentre square with a 6ft fence all round...a bit clostraphobic but cosy.

Right thats me for the night, hubby's getting irritated
ta ta
trina

Patty, about the computer problem. I think it may be to do with Outlook Express, as I had a similar thing but in reverse. My computer disconnected automatically whenever it checked for mail. In Outlook Express, under Options, there's a bit called General, and in that, there's a bit about Send/Receive Message. One of the options there is 'Connect even when working offline', so if that's ticked (checked in American!) it probably connects automatically if your friend's computer is still switched on. She needs to change that to Do not Connect. I only know what I've picked up as I go along, so that may not be the problem.

Talking of runners - are there any millionaires out there? Thought not. My son's a runner (well, a duathlete, but that sounds so silly), and he's looking for some sponsorship. He was in the World Duathlon Championships last year, and hopes to be in this year's.

Alan, I'm not sure if it's actually much warmer here than it was where I used to live, in Kent. It's definitely wetter - I can't get used to all this grass running over everything. I used to have bindweed.

And Rob, I thought you were a serious person, but Tippex on the head of a vole? A couple of times (US: couple times) I've seen a pygmy shrew, and this IS the (sorry, I have to say it) cutest thing ever. The first one fell into a hole we were clearing to check a broken pipe, and I thought it was a piece of earth falling it. The water just rolled off its fur and it would have fitted in the bowl of a spoon. Beautiful!

Mary, thats why it called the emrald isle isnt it, so green, but grass is definately better than bind weed.

Whos in now,its about 8.30 i think.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.