Aloe, how to encourage blooms???

Kingsville, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi:
Any one know how to encourage an aloe to bloom????
Tom

hello no but i have a ivy that refuses to live can you offer any advice

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

tom...I have one in the g-house blooming right now. This is the second flower stalk. The plant is fairly large and I believe this has to do with the flowering habit...this one must be about 3 yrs old...have never noticed my younger ones blooming. I also keep them under the tables in the g-house where they get indirect lite and less daylite hrs...then pull your selected one(s) out and give them a longer period of lite and feed w/fish emulsion. I've noticed that if you let them get good and cramped in their pot they do very well. You could try this way...I think I just stumbled across it by accident.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Olympia, WA

um aloe blooms?

Joshua Tree, CA(Zone 8b)

Now I have heard that this succulent, flowers when it stresses. Water deep, then DONT water. Sometimes, Drastic Temperature, changes have done it. Just dont put it in full sun. I have it on the morning sun, side of my house
Now does anyone know if the flowers are the seed? Or do they just multiply?

Thousand Oaks, CA

Aloes bloom depending upon the weather conditions. Not sure how this would work out indoors. I have over 50 species of Aloe and they all bloom at various times of the year. However, they are all in sun (with a few exceptions). Some flower when it's hot and some flower in winter. Some flower after the rains, and others flower only after it's been really dry for months. So, probably need to know what species of Aloe you're talking about... and probably will need to move it outdoors, at least part of the year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.