pitajaya???????????/

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I received some seeds call this last fall. i planted them and now have about 9 little cactus. can anyone tell me anyything about them. they are about 2 inches tall right and don't seem to mind the watering everyday.

Valley Village, CA

We water out cactus babies about every other day. We also fertilize about once a week with a very week solution (1/4) strength. Like puppies, they need nurshishment to grow for the 1st year, then you start to wean them to more light and less water to harden them up. Go slow with this process. Handle them gently and they will reward you with marvelous flowers which you will be telling us about in about 2 years from now, some may be very prococious, depending on species. Don't transplant to early unto larger quarters, they like to be crowded together until they feel confident to go out and live on their own. Norma
Norma

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks norma. i have not grown alot of cactus in my day. i plant to try. i will try and get a pic of them and post it here.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

check this site for the latin name and how to grow ... http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Cactaceae/Hylocereus_polyrhizus.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.