Monday - I apologise

Hi everyone : sorry if you all think I'm an iggerant B***h who doesn't respond : Alan knows 'cos we've chatted on various forums but to explain, I usually only get to play on the computer during the week when the boys are at school. Weekends are ALWAYS busy and there are sometimes minor fights to see who can use the machine so I don't get a look in, and tea time is of course busy and then the boys are on the machine again and, oh heck I think you've got the picture........
This weekend was particularly hectic 'cos my lad's birthday was the day after mine (bad planning or what?) and so a very sleepless and considerably older looking Jo had to run around catering and shopping and hosting a party and then in the evening when the visiting brats had gone the family started arriving and the beer, wine and other drinks disappeared very quickly and if it wasn't for coffee I wouldn't have lasted until evening let alone 2 in the morning (after 1 1/2 hrs sleep only the night before) so Sunday night I SLEPT big time.

Having said that a good time was had by all and wasn't Sunday itself a glorious day ? Sunshine, we were out in bathing suits and had the gazebo unpacked and the BBQ out. It got chilly around 5 but by then we were all pretty exhausted anyway. Didn't do much gardening tho so I feel guilty as hell but I've got all week to make good I suppose and you're only 21 (oh all right, and a bit) once !

Hey Alan, I spent an hour this morning reading the posts and I know you were worried so I better let you know that Ididn't pop out of the dress ONCE ! Pretty good huh ?

Hi Ribbit welcome, nah I'm not everywhere, just the better sites !

Jontec, welcome also. The triangle you described puts you in South Yorkshire doesn't it ? Are you hunky ? I'm afraid Alan's set a high standard for all newcomers !

Louisa - regarding names, why change now when we've all got to know each other ? 'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet....'

I AM a little concerned about the observation that the names we give ourselves is revealing. Jo's my real name but the spikey I adopted for reasons that I hadn't thought through when it comes to people making an image of me in their minds-eye...... Perhaps I should have chosen something like "Megaliciouspartybabe" (!)

Jo

Morning Jo, i have been teased all weekend by that little black dress and the cleavage, :):), I dont know where this hunky thing has come from, but its not me, you are going to disapinted when i post a picture of me on the photo forum, as i have been ordred to do by Louisa, are you following suite Jo ?, put yours up for all to see, glad you enjoyed your 21st again ,lol, how many times have you been 21 that the big question, lol.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Good Morning folks! Glad to see you've survived your b-day spikeyjo..aka..Megaliciouspartybabe! Your post had me chuckling. Hello Alan, did you get SOME sleep? I slept in late this morining. :-) It is about 7 something here. Lisa

I can really truly honestly say that I've only been 21 once Alan, so there ! Not keen on posting pics on the machine, it's a bit like when I had a penfriend and we got on really well (I was alot younger then) and then we swapped pics and the relationship just died .... I mean, TARTAN for heaven's sake ! And those TEETH !

(Children can be very cruel)

Anyway, hunk is a good term, I like it.

Oops, feel the need for more coffee.

Morning Lisa, i havent been around long this morning, i think all that fresh air got to me yesterday, its even better today weather wise, will go out and do some more in a few minutes.

Jo, shy, or what, :).

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

It is supposed to be another great day here too! I will be working outside also. I have to work off all those pounds I put on yesterday!! Lisa

Lol, lisa, its easy to put it on, i am off outside now, see you later.

Bye Jo.

Hey Lisa, , you can't put on weight in one day - stay a while.

Alan, SHY ? ME ? and I thought you knew me by now. I AM that OTT bird at the concert/party/bbq anything ! And why not ?

Actually today I'm being very mellow due to a sense of guilt for the excesses of the last few days .

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Bye Alan, hope to catch up with you later. Lisa

Lisa, any more on the Hughes family ?

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Ah yes, Jo! Thanks for asking! Mom has an address for me. I will talk to her later on today and get it from her. I will email you with the info. Thank you!!! LIsa

Oh look at the time, nearly 3 already and I still haven't caught up from the weekend. Sulking now 'cos I have to go on the school run and this forum's been so quiet I even managed to get some ironing done (Yuk !!).
Bi everyone til tomorrow - the quiet in this house is about to be destroyed ..... mind you I really wouldn't have it any other way but don't go telling everyone that it'll spoil my image.

Jo

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Evenin' all.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Daisy, Just popped in a minute. It's a gorgeous day, so did some more repotting and putting the nets over to deter the deer. I also did some clearing of junk and packed a couple of boxes. All boring stuff, except for being outside of course.

Well I popped in, but no-one's at home, so I'll catch ya later. Byeeee!!

This message was edited Monday, Apr 2nd 2:24 PM

My computer seems annoyingly slow tonight, don't know how long my patience will last!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Anybody home?

On and off !!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi, Just popped in...anyone still around?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh lor! Looks like we should keep the door on the latch and not close it completely, then when someone comes aknocking we will hear them.lol

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hee, hee, maybe a doorbell would help!! I always press the "watch this thread" so my email lets me know if someone had posted while I am still on line...good weather today Louisa? Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Lisa, Whats the betting Alan will be here soon :-) Yes, glorious day, still a little nippy in the shade but the sun is so warm. I potted up more plants and I'm like a kid at Christmas seeing all the new stuff come up and so thankful they made it through the winter. The washing is almost dry on the line. I always put the washing out if I can, the best smell on earth - fresh air :-) What did you do today?

I used that "Watch this thread", and when I turned on my computer the next morning you lot had been so busy it took me about 10 minutes to clear my inbox!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Funny Daisy!! LOL!! Yes, sometimes it does get busy here!
Louisa, Today I did some washing. I wish I could hang my laundry out to dry but we live down a shell road. It is sooo dusty. I hope one day they will pave it, but I would not hold my breath on it being done. Sometimes it is down right horrible. Everything gets covered in white dust...I also weeded out and planted some things in the garden. The little was getting a little annoyed outside and was begging to come inside :-( so here I am....Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Ha-Ha.....BTW I'm sticking to Louisa, because if I changed now, it would be too confusing, so I agree with Jo! Actually I'm in and out here, gotta go and feed my man soon! But I deserve another 5 minutes, been on these pins all day!

I noticed my hostas have sprouted about 3cm since yesterday!!
You can see I had an exciting day can't you! LOL

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Now Daisy, if you would have said you were watching slugs then I would have thought you had an exciting day..he,hee! Is it around 8pm or 9pm there? Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I bought hostas from Lowes at the end of the season. They looked pretty ropey but were in huge pots for $1 - couldn't let that slip away. I keep looking at them and yes, today they are sending those big fat shoots through. I'm so excited - I love a bargain........lol

9.06 to be exact! (ironing time)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yuck!!! I try not to iron. Maybe 3 times a year! HA! Lisa

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

My DH does the ironing .......it's his training in the USAF that did it I think! He either loves it or doesn't trust me to do it properly - either way, who am I to question why he does it, I'm just so glad he does....:-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Patty, sorry your not feeling well :( Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear you still feel low with that bug. Why does it take so long over here to shake things off. When I get a cold it can go on for about 2 months and I'mnot exagerating! Sat next to a woman in church with a cold, and I moved away. Heck, I don't need to be sick right now. It rained here yesterday morning and looked like a misty, dull, wet day in England.

Its now just gone 9.00pm, Lisa hello, everyone, just poped in for a nose, who wants a chuckle, yesterday, i set two cell trays of seeds, when i went into the green house today, i found that a little bugger of a mouse has dug out every single cell and eaten the seeds, tonght my greenhouse looks like that scene from the movie mouse trap, i'll give the little bugger head ache if nothing else.

I only iron mine and little ones clothes. Don't bother with my DH. One I ironed one of his RAF shirts, only to find him ironing it again 10 minutes later....cheeky so & so.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well, I live in jeans, except when I go to church, or something special. Otherwise I would not iron either.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll be glad when I don't have to cook so much too. Come the nice weather, everything goes on the barbie!! Wonderful feeling. Actually the worst thing about cooking (which I quite like in winter) is thinking about what you're gonna cook!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.