Monday - I apologise

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Been for a trot round the forums, come back and everybodies gone,honest i do take baths and have a shower every morning.Well i will have to go now, got a busy day tomorrow working in a place called Bury which is famous for its black puddings, used to love my black puddings but now that i am a veggie dont eat it anymore.Remember when i used to do the shopping for grandma when i was a kid, black puddings, tripe and pigs trotters was always on the list. Catch you all late tomorrow. Bye Sheila

Sheila, its been very warm and sunny here today, needed the air conditioning on in the car, like an oven in there, it started raining here just after dark, its still raining now, i cut the grass the weekend, this lot will make it grow fast a gain.

patty, sorry, i thought you meant BABY, lol.

Whos in the garden ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Alan, just checking in! Lisa

Hi Lisa, its a bit quiet tonight, is there something on the tv ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

No, I don't think so. We hardly ever watch TV so I guess I wouldn't know if there was...still lots of daylight here. I just came in from inside. I am tearing down some old square foot beds. Lisa

7.27, what time will it get dark there then ?, its starts getting dark about 7.45 here.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Our time changed Sat. night. It now gets dark at about 8 or so. It takes some getting used to. I tend to stay outside to late then I am cooking supper at 8 something and everyone is hungry waiting to eat! I need to adjust my schedule! Lisa

Yeh, we put ours forward a week before you, it is a bit strange for a day or so, but i like it, more time outside when its nice like it has been, i have been looking for your place, Thibodaux, this map isnt that good, the ex took the best one, i think i will steal it back tomorrow while i am there,:), is there another large city near to you ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yes, when you look at Louisiana it looks like a boot. Find New Orleans...

i found new orleans, how far away from there are you and what direction ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Go down and I am a little to the south. Ummm lets see, not as far as the coast but about half way. Can you see any parish names on your map? Lisa

Lisa back in a minute, i need to find a magnifying glass, writing is too small to make out.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

go in the south-west direction.

Yes, found you S/W of New orleans, no wonder it gets hot there, gulf of mexico, do get some of the hurricains there ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yes! We do have hurricanes here. It is a real scary thing too. I am actuall not in Thibodaux, I live in a smaller town near Thibodaux that doesn't even make a dot on the map! LOL! By friday the weather reports it will be 90*. Do you see Lafourche Parish? That is the parish I am in. It runs all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. I am about 15 minutes 'as the crow flies' from the Gulf. Lisa

How many mile is from orleans to the coast going south westerly, that will give a better idea of te scale, this map is not to good, i have been looking for louisas but thats not on my map at all.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

From my home it is about 70 miles to New Orleans. From the coast it might be about 80 miles. We had a real bad hurricane here 6 years ago. Did lots of damage and folks were killed. We didn't have power for almost a week. It was really bad. If a real bad hurricane ever hit New Orleans directly, like right in the mouth of the Mississippi River, New Orleans would be gone. We are so below the sea level here. Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, I must go! Hubby is getting in and is looking for supper! Get some rest Alan, talk to all of you later. I will be back later on, but it'll be late for ya'll. Take care my friends, Lisa

i can only see on this map morgan city, and Houma, hay look like they are in your area ?, yes we are bellow aes level too, 25' or so, yet a lot of the country was badly flooded this winter, but not here, a lot of people believe this will all go back under water one day.

Bye Lisa, see you soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.