Saturday 31st March

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi all, anyone about?

Morning Daisy, its still early for most, Jo's probebly nursing her head, the rest may still be in bed or haveing breakfast.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Gonna have breakfast in about 20 mins. Good morning dear friends. Daisy how is your dad? Alan, sleep well?

I've come in for a quick drink. I've been working my little socks off in the shed tidying it up. Weather here is lovely, sun's been out all day SO FAR...

Louise you ask after my dad, he's fine thanks. Why do you ask? I'm sure I haven't mentioned him before. You sure your not mixing me up with someone else? LOL Kind of you to ask anyway!

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 31st 8:12 AM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Could be me getting mixed up. I could have sworn you (maybe not) said you were taking your dad to the hospital!! Forgive me if I've messed up again. It's the norm, ya know!! :-) I am so glad that you are all experiencing nice weather at last - does your heart good, don't it. It rained last night, but was 70F yesterday. It seems that the night frosts are over - I hope - and nearly all the potted plants are looking wonderful. Hopefully they don't have to go back in the shed again at night. Do you know what it's like transporting these precious things - all 275 - every day!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning friends, anyone still here? Lisa

Nope, definately not my dad that went to hospital, but now you come to mension it i do remember somebody mensioning it during one of our little chats.

I've come in now, it's getting quite windy and guess what?
Yes, the sun's gone in. But your right i feel exhilerated having spent some quality time out there.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hello Daisy, would you like me to send you some pretty sunshine for today? Lisa

Yes please, only need about another 2 hours worth to get things done ta very much, lol

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Okay, be on the look out :-). It should be a real nice day for us today. My husband has left already to go to work. I am trying to decide what to do with my day today...Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Morning Lisa - Nice day for you eh!! Bit damp here, had a nice rain during the night and it's still a bit misty but quite warm this morning about 50F! I have some stores to visit this morning. Need to select mirrors for the bathrooms!! Any suggestions i.e. stores to visit?

guess what? the suns come out again! Yipppeeee

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Louisa, hi! Good morning my friend. Shopping eh? I am the worst to ask for that...I really don't shop much! I have a mirror that I love. I found an old picture frame that I really liked and had a mirror placed in it. I am the type that finds old stuff (junk!) and turns them into my little treasures! Lisa

I'm new to Dave's Garden, unless AJC is male I appear to be the odd one out!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hallllloooooo Jontec and welcome friend. Another male, whoopee!! AJC is male through and through judging by his comments yesterday re Jo's little black number. Where are you UK or US?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi jontec, welcome! AJC is very much a male :-)...happy to have you with us. I am across the pond but I enjoy this forum so much! Welcome to DG. LIsa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You will soon get to know us Jon. There are only a few posters on here from both sides of the pond. So glad you have joined us and wish more people would do so, they would be very welcome :-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Gonna take a shower right now. I'll be back :-)

Thank you for the welcome Louisa and Lisa,

I live in the centre of a triangle, the corners being the cities of Sheffield, Manchester and York, UK.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Are you in the country or the city? Lisa

Morning all
Nice to see you Lisa! Welcome Jontec. Nice and sunny here today. Havent seen the big yello ball in several days! Its going to leave us again for a few more tho.
It was my dad that was sick Louisa. Thanks for asking. Slowly getting better but my mom hurt her back and needed help getting out of bed. Got that 7am call. Thank Goodness all of her 6 children live within 4 miles of them. I sent my boys over to help them.
Any body know how old SpikeyJo is? I know your not supposed to ask a womans age but I figure Hey,,,, its the internet!! Only ask because she sounds like she has the kind of fun I used to 10 years ago. (I am 36)
Have a good one.
Janice

About 10 minutes walk to open country...at the moment very quiet because of foot and mouth disease...I live at the edge of a large village.

Hi Jontec, welcome aboard.

Hay girls, isn't it nice to have another guy in the gang!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yep Daisy--'nother guy here! Jontec, sounds like you live in a nice place. So sorry about all that foot and mouth disease..really sad. Lisa

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

Hi Louisa,

Well I don't know which direction you are heading in for you shopping trip. If you don;t mind the big warehouse type stores try Home Dept and Lowe's. I know Lowe's is in C'ville VA both are located in Richmond. Pleasants Hardware in Richmond would be another thought. I think there is one near Short Pump, which should not be too far away from you.

Good morning everyone, it is a dreary day here, but it looks like maybe the sun might try to peak out.

Sally

Talking of foot and mouth. Luckly we have had no cases of it here in Norfolk, but most of our footpaths are closed. I noticed today that all the signs on the walkway just down the road from me have been riped off, and people are ignoring them. Talk about irresponsible. As if we don't have enough quiet country lanes for them to walk down!
I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but sometimes peoples selfishness amaizes me.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Daisy, that is really sad that folks are being so irresponsible. Seems like they would be doing everything in their power to be careful.
On a different subject, my mom was here the other day and we pulled out an atlas. She showed me where she used to live in England. She was telling me how long of daylight time ya'll have there. I was surprised about that. I bet you folks get a lot of gardening done! LOL!
***Puttyrat, I like your real name 'Sally'. That name is very special to me :-) Lisa

Oh yes, garden garden garden, all day and some of the night. I can wait till Monday when the electrician comes to fit our security light, I'm going to ask him to put a connection outside so i can LIGHT UP the garden. Then i can garden all night too!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I wonder where Alan is this morning? Reckon he is getting some rest? Lisa

He popped in earlier, but then dissapeared again. I can't believe how little sleep he seems to manage on. If I don't get my quota i cease to exsist!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I am the same way! I NEED sleep! I never sleep late late or anything like that, but I like to get at least 8 hours! If I don't sleep well I can't think straight...yesterday was like that..I only got 4 hours sleep the night before and I felt like a zombie! LOL! Lisa

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

hello, you lot have been busy today i see, i have been outside in the garden again, all day, i have been potting up, mowing the lawns, a bit of weeding, i havent had time to sit and gossip like you lot, :), so sounds like everyone is in here today, i bet you will all dissapeare again now i am back, and will you PLEASE stop talking about Jo in that balck dress, :), so who here then ?.

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 31st 12:33 PM

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello everyone!! Yes, please send some sunshine this way! The sun has come out only in the late afternoon and it was too cold to garden and the ground is absolutely soaked. I've got bulbs to go in and I really want to get them planted. I've spent all day with the puter. It's been very temperamental. I ended up running Defrag and uninstalling a few things. There's still something wrong with the colour display. I have it booked in for Monday but I might try the computer forums again. What a nuisance!
I have a lovely display of bulbs at the moment. The daffies are in full bloom and the early tulips are coming out and so are the hyacinths. A lot of my neighbours are stopping to look at it and compliment me.
Welcome jontec!! I live in Middlesbrough, just a bit north of you. How lucky you are to live in a village. I live in a town, though admittedly I'm in the suburbs. You'll like it here, everybody is so friendly.
My garden used to be a rose garden, but they're old and dying out now, so I'm gradually making it into a cottage garden.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi again ya'll, just dropped in to see what was going on...it is a beautiful day outside and I am busy out! I am making a "Faux room" in my back flower garden. I saw a picture of this room in a magazine and now I just have to have one. So the little one and I are busy nailing and sawing and measuring away...I can't wait to finish it! Bye, chat later... HI ALAN, Northerner and Patty~~~Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well!!!! Is this forum vacated or is anyone out there? Thanks Sally for the info regarding mirrors. I hope you visit this forum often. I replied to your email but was a bit rushed this morning, so excust the short reply. Did you ever find Clive Greaves - you didn't say!! I posted you as many sources as I could find. He is a lovely plant but there are new strains that flower just as long as he does. Between us we'll get there!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Patty a custom framer!!! You will have to teach me to mitre corners because I would love to do framing. I know there are mitre boxes available - would this be my best bet. I love old mirrors - I too have lots of them and lamps and pictures, and hundreds of old plates!!! But in the master bath I need two identical oval mirrors. One for DH's vanity and one for mine. I have a huge bathroom with separate toilet and a door and I want to put shelving in here for plants etc. I also put china plates and pictures in the bathrooms - in fact I love the Victorian theme and this is what I'm after.

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 31st 3:44 PM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I wonder why it is that 'some people ' on this forum, disappear without saying goodbye or when they come onto the forum do not read what has been said previously! Sometimes I feel I'm being ignored and whats the heck of saying anything! Sorry!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.