Coleus blooming :)

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I got some unrooted coleus cuttings from my friend.. put them to a glass with water and they grew lots of good healthi roots. Today morning I noticed one of the cuttings had started blooming! =)

Thumbnail by Evert

Nip the flowers off Evert - they are fairly uninteresting and they will reduce the plants ability to maintain its leaf colour.
If you take a liking to Coleus I would suggest you search suppliers for named sorts. They are much stockier than seedlings and propagate very easily from terminal cuttings in a close atmosphere of around 70F/21C.

Peter.

Yes I know I should nip them but.. thought to enjoy them at least for a while ;)

I would like to find a yellow/red variety which I had on 2000, see my photos in PDB. Anyway I think it is hard here to find any named ones... maybe from Sweden, or other 10 countries we planned to visit next summer =)

This message was edited Wednesday, Apr 3rd 10:02 AM

Hello Evert - I see your photos for Dec 2001.

What is the route to PDB

Peter

See: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2397.html

=)

Thanks Evert -nice photos. I hope you find the yellow/red one that you want. I grew a yellow foliage one with red blotches which was called Pixie, but the names won't hold true from area to area. It was a rather weak grower anyway.

Peter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.