blue hibiscus

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

help!!! the person at Lowes just broke me off a piece of a blue hibiscus. It doesn't have regular hibiscus leaves, they're very different, and there was no latin name. I need to know how to start this cutting!!!!!!!!!!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

...just stick it in warm water and give it lots of light! In a couple of weeks you should notice new growth on it and fine roots starting at the bottom....transplant to moist planting medium. Have fun!

"eyes"

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

tiG,Hibiscus told me to take the cutting put them in a jar that has perilite in it ,give it about a inch of water,and cover with a plastic bag.I did it with my hibiscus,and bouganvillia,and they are rooting,I can't believe it!!!Me ,rooting something!Hope it works with yours!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

photo of blue hibuscus... http://www.exotic-hibiscus.com/pages/blue.htm

propagation of cuttings... http://www.australianhibiscus.com/info/prop1.htm

good luck tiG :).

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

tiG, here is a link to what I think you might have. Easy to root.

http://www.cuyamaca.net/oh170/Characteristic%20Pages/Alyogyne%20huegelii%20.asp

If you want a few more cuttings let me know and I will bring them next week. I currently have these rooting in jars with some perlite and water. LMK

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

THAT'S IT!!! Dee, I would love some more cuttings, please let me know what I can bring you really really good, cause this is a beauty!!!!!!!!1

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Dee that is georgeous! How tall does it actually get, and how long does it take to reach it's maximum height?

"eyes"

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

It is so beautiful and did not know it has blue color, I love it and would like to get me one.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

"eyes", not sure what the maximum height is, but I have seen them about 4 - 5 ft. Don't know how long it would take to get there. Mine is only 2 years old and only about 2 ft. It seems to be a slow grower, but that could be because it has moved twice since I had it. Now it has a permanent home hopefully it will grow faster this year.

Redrose, I can send you a couple of cuttings if you want. Should have enough to go around. Gave it a pretty good haircut.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Dee... i never knew there is a blue color. my former next door neighbor has one in light lavender color, & i thought it was beautiful. would u mind sharing a cutting or two. i can send u postage in return pls.... ma vie

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I found a beautiful one on the net, and posted it as wallpaper! That's a close as I'll probably get to one....:(

"eyes"

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

my cutting didn't make it, but it would have been too good to be true. oh well:)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Does anyone know of a good and reliable company to order this blue hibiscus from (Alyogyne Huegelii)? I would love to get one started.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Kartuz has it their catalog! $6.50

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 30th 9:20 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Poppysue, Maybe I can get Mike to add it to my order. Will email him right now.

S.

Just wrote and ordered one. Thanks.

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 30th 9:29 PM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

TIG... did you see mine at Photo forums (Purple) but it was not it call > Blue Hibiscus that color what you looking for the name of it? It has there name for that, so check it out hope that the right one.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I had one for about two yrs(sometimes called the California Hibiscus!). It is a relatively slow grower..mine was quite tall...around 5',6' tall......by pinching the ends now and then, the plant becomes quite bushy! the blue colour is mezmerizing! Up here it is only an indoor plant, except for a hot summer..Elaine

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

tig it could be syriacus "Blue Bird"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.