Yellow Clivia

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Mine was pot bound, bloomed two blooms first time, six months later one more set of blooms.

Thumbnail by Hibiscus
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

How pretty,I have some I started from seed,still years from a bloom.....

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Very pretty

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Very pretty! I have two seedlings I have started..

They were from plants that my Australian friend had crossed... Clivia miniata var- citrina (also known as var. aurea) 'Col Pitman' X Clivia miniata var. citrina 'Aurea'.

:)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful nice shot!

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

oh beautiful! Now I have to do a search and see if I can find out more about this plant.
Hibiscus, did you start yours from seed?
The leaves look a lot like amaryllis, is it related?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

That's really lovely, what a change from the orange. Will have to look out for one, or seeds.

How exciting Evert. I wonder how long they'll take to flower? Keep us 'posted' please.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I bought the plant from Wayside Gardens, already 4-5 yrs. old. Bloomed two spikes first time then the picture is the second time(one) set of blooms, we didn't have the digital camera when it bloomed first time.

It takes almost the same care as amarylis, only isn't a bulb, has lots of roots(rootbound), then you keep it growing all year, not like amarylis when you let bulb go dormant.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I also have three plants from South Africa(Clive Parker), they are supposed to be almost red, according to picture of them. They are about 2 years old, so won't be blooming real soon. Has to be at least 4 yrs. old or large plant(rootbound), before they bloom.

San Francisco, CA

I just pulled up this old thread and I want people to know I just uploaded one of these to the data base. Click on my name and click on "my contributions" to the data base and you will see it there, but I can't afford one myself.

I really like the photo Hibiscus took, it would be a fine addition in the data base next to my photo. I think it is better then mine.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Tried to pollinate this 3 times, didn't take, maybe it is sterile, why they are so expensive? Here is pic of two blooms coming.

Thumbnail by Hibiscus
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Here is pic of orange one, had 3 seed pods on it when it bloomed again, now has 5 seed pods! Evidently it pollinates itself?

Thumbnail by Hibiscus
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Bringing this back up for troy and bug girl, new pics and info.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Bringing this up for skywarrior. ENJOY.

Gloria

Thanks a million---it is beautiful--I'll check out a yellow at the flower show--maybe I'll have more luck;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.