Red dot

Keeping warm indoors
(28 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Planning my garden!
(86 votes, 67%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

No snow to play in,too warm to stay inside,so plan my garden' Don't ride horses anymore either'

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I voted for planning my garden, but keeping warm inside was nearly my choice.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I thought if I chose planning my garden, it would imply I was also staying warm inside, because that's pretty important, too. (I can't think properly if I'm too cold, and can't draw a straight line if my hand is shaking from cold ;0)

Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

First choice planning my garden, second choice staying warm inside, third choice sledding until I get cold.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Snow in So. California...I don't think so. I am trying to plan my new landscaped backyard and also trying to create a new design for my front yard.
Donna

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

I like to sled with my little one & even tried snowboarding last year here in the neighborhood with a small hill. I managed to finally get the hang of it with a lot of laughs and bruises to prove it :) I'm getting too old ~ sniff, sniff...

(Zone 5a)

I love snowball fights and I am getting sneaky at it lol, I ambush the OB every time he comes out of the house. I have to be sneaky or I would loose the fight.I have my little stash of snow balls hidden so that I can fire when ready.
Now he is getting sneaker, he found my snowball stash and started clobbering me with them...now I ask you is that fair? It's bad enough that I never win but to be clobbered with my own snowballs is a bit to much.

This message was edited Monday, Jan 14th 2:36 AM

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Going out on a skidoo should have been an option, that is how I love to pass the time in winter. Planning my flower and vegetable garden is second, but thats what i voted for.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

WOOHOO!!!! Sledding!! Skiing, and just plain ole being outside in the winter. trailingon.....we have something big time in common..snowmobiling. And I thought my DH and I were the only ones!! lol Only one small tiny problem...we're big Artic Cat people. But gotta love those sleds. "T" :)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Just received some seed catalogues and a new Garden Life magazine that was a Christmas gift subscription. So dreams of new plants to grow, and seeing what comes from the plants I put in last fall, dance in my head. But keeping warm inside would be my next choice. Not much snow here this year. Lots of cold windy days though.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, we used to do a lot of snowball fighting - I ALWAYS lost - and snowman building and sledding, the old fashioned drag it back up the hill kind, BUT, I'm pretty restricted in my winter weather activity now, although DGD and I did make a try at a snowman a while back. Now, I stay in and keep warm and try to spend only about 50% of the day looking at seed catalogs and checking out my plant encyclopedias.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Never liked the cold. So I stay in and learn what I can from Dave's Garden!!!

(Zone 6a)

heck with the snow.....would not miss it if it never snowed again:) I like to stay warm and plan my garden and learn.

(Zone 5a)

Azalea and Oblambert I am with you I hate snow and cold weather but since I have no choice I just try and enjoy it.
I was hoping that winter would forget about Ohio this year but no such luck. I clobber my grand rug rats ( all six of them)with snowballs until they all tackel me, and if that isn't bad enough my OB comes out and helps them clobber me. They think that he is the greatest thing this side of heaven only because he spoils them. I do plan on a retaliation , I am going to get the assitance from some of my niece's to help me clobber them all even the OB with snowballs, check back for updates lol.

Midland, PA

I picked snowball battles, but anything outside in the snow that resembles playing and being a kid is my favorites. When the sun goes down, then I come in and get warm and plan my gardens. But I have to play first!!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I voted for skiing, because that is what I am just learning to do (cross country). In about 3 weeks I will also start to ride my horses in the snow to get them in shape for the endurance season. I do a fair amount of garden planning and reading about gardens, keeping warm by the fire. It was hard to choose just one.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I love planning the garden and flower bed. But really my favorite winter outdoor activity is ice skating, but that wasn't a choice. Hubby and my first date was to an ice skating party. I had to have a good guy friend of mine call him and make sure he came! Boy, have times changed. Now I would just call him myself.
I have some great sledding hills on my place and would love to have a party sometime. We could build a bonfire and sled all day!

Longview, TX

3 of my choices are knocked out right away...we dont get snow here but maybe once every 2-3 years....thats it. I do love sledding and went often when I lived up north while in the navy. I like to go to bookstores, coffee shops, and pet shops in the winter. I do more reading in the winter months.

Desert Hot Springs, CA(Zone 10b)

In response to SoCal, sure there is snow in Southern California! I just don't go near it. I can see it from my front garden 1.5 miles away but it's 10,000 feet up on the mountain. Down here near Palm Springs the trees have barely lost their leaves and lots of summer annuals and perrenials in bloom, in fact I just pulled my Zinnias because I got tired of them (and they looked a little raggedy). I'm busy planting for the short, warm spring. It will be 100 by mid-April.

This message was edited Tuesday, Jan 15th 12:06 AM

This message was edited Tuesday, Jan 15th 12:07 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

Planning my garden with all my catalogs! So many flowers so litle money!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

In my mind, I can successfully garden 10 acres with no help other than a kitchen table full of catalogs!

I try to avoid cold places/activities. 50*f is freezing to me. We actually had a killing frost this season, and it almost killed me! Joan's pictures of snow are beguiling and deceiving - so pretty and peaceful looking - seduce you into freezing to death, I'm sure ;-)

I start horseback lessons in a few weeks(no, I'm not in shape, and yes, I'm sure I'll pay for January laziness!) so maybe I'll have another favorite winter pastime.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I'm inundated with multi catalogues,..new introductions, annual plants and perennials, vines, and roses!!!!!!!!!!!keeping warm indoors is a good one as I'm getting older, and this is such a good feeling..this time of yr I always think about the less fortunate out there, and give away as many coats and blankets to them..they're human also!!!!! Elaine

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

winter is wonderfully white, but summer time is always so colorful :)

Temple, GA(Zone 7b)

I also have just recently gotten some of my Garden Catalogues. I enjoy planning and dreaming about all the things I want to do as much as buying them and planting them. I circle soooo many things I really want and can't make up my mind just yet what all I can actually afford. My house is 1 1/2 years old so I still have a few Garden spots left. I filled it up pretty quick out there, but this year I have plans for a pond. I want some black elepant ears for it real bad. I already have my GROW LIGHTS ON, and gonna start all my seeds from all of you wonderful folks this weekend. My good friend since kindergaten just moved in 2 doors down from me, so I'm gonna plant a little x-tra for her poor bare yard. She doesn't know the difference in marigolds and tomatoes. LOL I'm just gonna help getter started, so boy do I have my work cut out for me. Good fun Work though!

Thanks, Traci S

T

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.