Just Opening!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My very first Amaryillis "Apple Blossom"... It is the most delicate bloom of an amaryllis I have (or have seen), and truly has the colors of an apple blossom. IF I can find my camera and take a photo, I will post it in a few days!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I saw a photo of that.. http://www.plantstop.com/productdescriptions/pictures300/Amaryllis_AppleBlossom300.jpg

That looks very pretty, althought I don't like hybrids. I have 2 Amaryllis belladonna which are just started to grow. Hope they bloom someday..

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I was late taking some of my amaryllis out of hibernation, but they are starting to show some green. A couple of them I bought in after Christmas sales last year and they are suppose to be a peach color. I bought three new bulbs this year and one of them is a bloom similar to the apple blossom. What spectacular flowers they are! They are one of my cures for the long cold dark winter days. Do you have any other varieties of amarlyllis? I have seen some really really cool ones on EBAY. I gotta stay away from that place! Whew! could I ever spend some money there!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

KathyJo... Yes, I have 4 other amaryllis bulbs... one that has 2 babies came from a yard sale, and 1 my neighbor gave me for Christmas last year. I have forgotten their exact colors but I have just potted them up and should have blooms in about 6 weeks. I think they are in the red-orange range, but not positive (senior moment). Hopefully I will have a digital camera by the time they bloom, and will post pictures.

They certainly brighten my winter days!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.