Morning Glories 2024 #05

Gautier, MS

I had two blooms on new vines. The chocolate was a lot darker than the pictures shows and the other is a light hint of blue with a line of blue, purple streak blzd and a purp.
Waiting to see your blooms Jackie.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2024 9:46 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love your gorgeous blooms today Helena. How nice to see a Chocolate, wish I had planted one.
Your lightest blue with a blue line is so pretty and love your Purple Streak blizzard as well.
My new bloom is almost red, I should know the name but I can't remember,
I'm hoping it's just the horrible stress.that's messing with my memory.
Here's a pic with a good view of the leaves
# 2 Aog
# 3 unknown, I can't tell you how pretty this color is

This message was edited Sep 3, 2024 8:44 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I'm no help with names, it's like on the tip of the tongue and still can't thing of it.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

All of your blooms are absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
I need to find my packet of seeds, when i see the name, I will recognize it.

Gautier, MS

We haven't posted for a couple of days so I hope you Jackie and Linda are doing OK.
Raining here, my newest vine had a bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Glad to hear you got some rain. Beautiful bloom.

A gorgeous pink Helena. Love the beautiful color.
I've been busy still trying to save our 18 years old cat so I haven;t taken
the time to take pics. I will today and mark the beautiful blue bloom from yesterday.
I found a Fuji no Beni label that must belong to the small, almost red bloom. that I
could not id. I regret that I didn;t tag most of my blooms since I now have a lot of seed pods that I have no way to identify. They were so tangled that I couldn't do it
without untangling all of them. a daunting task for sure.

Gautier, MS

Hope your cat getters better Jackie.
Hope to see your blooms. It's still raining here so I dought I'll have any blooms.
I do have young vines in my greenhouse and a few have tiny buds. I'm already thinking of starting to take my huge cactuses back into the gh.

Gautier, MS

I was wrong, the rain stopped and I have 2 nice blooms. The purp is darker than the pictures shows.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful blooms Helena.

Oh my gosh Helena, the purp is so dark, it's lovely and the pink is a beauty..
No rain here today but the nights are going down to the 50's tonight and Sunday night. I need to start cleaning my g house in the worst way, Cool weather will be here before you know it..

I did not mean to post to # 4 thread, Posted to it because it was still showing on my home page and I did not notice. It should have dropped off 2 weeks ago. Some kind of problem with Dg

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'll have blooms in the ghost if they open right. Might be small blooms.
Two purp blooms outside this morning.

Your camera picking up beautiful colors on those purps Helena. I wish I had done a better job with my purps.
a few today, I won't get many more blooms, all my leaves are dying. It's some kind of bacteria or fungus, whatever, on the trellis. It needs replacing but hubby doesn't have the strength to do it..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I have always had bug problems on the leaves with my mgs. So I finally bought something that might help.
Your blooms are still pretty. You still might get blooms from them.

Beautiful blooms ladies.
#4 is still show up for me. It won't go away.

Helena, I hope so but it doesn't look good. I noticed my pots of mg's are staying too wet, Thats because there's no leaves to use up the water. These mg's should have bloomed all the way thru October..
Yes Linda, before I posted there by mistake last night, it was still on my homepage too. It should have dropped off weeks ago. Some kind of problem Dg caused Melody told me that. They were working on another problem and caused this one. I hope they get it fixed soon.. .

Don't know if you two will be in the path of the hurricane about to hit. Please stay safe.

Thanks Linda. I think it will veer to the east of us, hopefully. Maybe a lot of rain,
Lost our 18 yrs old cat yesterday, so devastated. They could not save her.

Gautier, MS

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Jackie. Always hard to loose a pet.
We are getting rain, no wind yet. I didn't think it was going to reach us this far away. But the kids a getting two days off.
Two blooms this morning.

Sorry to hear that Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Helena.
Praying you don't get too much rain.

Thanks Helena and Linda. I've cried till I can;t cry anymore, eyes sore and the worst headache. 18 yrs she was a member of our family, very painful. If that wasnt bad enough, a hunting dog has killed one of my rescue cats only 2 years old, we raised her and bottle fed her. Now I have another cat missing and we think the dog killed him too.. Shame on sorry owners that let their dogs run loose and especially the vicious ones..

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you eventually feel better. It takes a bit of time to heal.

Thanks Helena. I;ve finally come to grips with losing my 18 yr old cat. Took me
a while. One of our missing cats turned up, he was hiding from the dog.is what we'suspect.
I barely had any mg blooms this week.

I didn't have time to take pics yesterday. These 2 from the day before

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Glad to hear you found your cat. I agree, people should control their pets.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Glad your cat turned up too Jackie.
Your blooms are pretty.
I didn't have any blooms yesterday or today. I have wasps making a nest on the other side of my ghost so I have no choice but to spray them tonight. I disturbed them when I go inside.

Be careful spraying those wasps.

Thanks ladies.
I hate a wasp sting, so painful so do be careful Helena.

A few from today
# 3 my old mule eared orchid I've had for over 30 years

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I didn't get to the wasps yet. Didn't feel like going out in the dark.
Love your pretty blooms Jackie.
A had a one nil and 3 purps.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Jackie, do you keep your orchid outside? Very pretty.

Gorgeous nil with the pink or lavender around the eye Helena.
Love the purps too I had several purps in the tub out back and none of them did any good. Thinking I need to change out the topmost layer of dirt.

Linda, I bring the orchid in for the winter

I had an explosion of blooms,like it was their last hurrah, probably was with it so late in the year.and the nights getting cooler.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. The leaves on your vines still look too healthy to stop blooming.
I didn't have any blooms today.

Oh my goodness. Those are beautiful.

Thanks Helena. the almost red bloom and the nice blue Fuji are coming off vines that are newer than the others. They are the vines I planted 3 or more to a pot so they are newer and healthier.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.