Morning Glories 2024 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http:///davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1566251

Weird Saz bloom. Seeds shared with me almost 15 yrs ago by Karengardener2005
Unknown flaked
hot pink
very pale Purple Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I hate my 4th pic above.
What;s so bad is that this bloom came from my old packet of seeds marked my beautiful Purple Tie Dye. Obviously this seed didn;t turn out to be a good one. All seeds are not equal.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I like them all.
But I guess it's a bit disappointing when it's not what you expected.
I had quite a few swallowtail butterflies today. A bumblebee landed on my finger when I was taking this picture, it flicked it off pretty quick. I've been stung by one before, it it hurt bad.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2024 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Beautiful flowers and butterflies ladies. Glad that bumblebee didn't sting you. They hurt like the dickens.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Lovely swallowtail butterfly. I don;t understand why we have barely had any butterfly's here, very unusual. The 1irst warm days in May we had a few, none since to speak of.

Gautier, MS

I don't know either Jackie. I know I get a lot more when my tropical bushes start blooming in July, which now the name I can't remember.i had 2 volunteer purpura bloom this morning and my nil. Still getting some rain here, especially evenings and nights.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

My walk was too short this morning, I missed this pretty bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. We don't have thst many butterflies here either. I see one or two, but thats it. Not like last year.

Love your blooms Helena. so nice to see a variation of Milky Way.
The pink bloom is gorgeous and such a striking white bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Another volunteer.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love those surprise volunteer plants. Very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Still getting a bloom from a few vines left. I do have purpurea volunteers that I grew last year coming up that I want to see bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a beautiful pink bloom.

Pretty volunteer purp bloom Helena. Agreeing with Linda, beautiful pink bloom.
Pink is my color.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I like pink too. Another light bloom, still better than none.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I like the light colored blooms too Helena. If someone is growing Heavenly Blue and some of our old standby's , I wish they would share pics. I still love those and blooms of' Flying Saucers, one of my all time favorites, I planted one but it was looking pretty ragged.
Surely # 1 is Pres bush, the only one I grow with flakes on the bloom.
# 2 is Lyk blue
Linda, I was wrong about the mushroom sitting on a metal spike, The mushroom is growing right where the metal spike had been stuck up in that spot.
I haven't been seeing many mushrooms in the last few years, now I'm starting to see them again. I had a Devils snuffbox until
something kicked it and dislodged it..

This message was edited Jul 31, 2024 9:42 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glory blooms ladies. That mushroom is strange, growing that way.

Please don;t click on the above link .I'll have Melody zap it. Could be bad, just
always assume it is.

Hey, that’s awesome! Those blooms sound so unique and beautiful. It’s amazing how seeds shared so long ago can still bring such joy. Big shoutout to Karengardener2005 for those special seeds.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Two repeat blooms this morning.
I dought Karengardener205 is still a member. She stopped posting years ago. I still enjoy growing some of her beauties.

Guess I missed the spam.
Beautiful blooms Helena.
So sad so many have left daves garden.

Karen's not been here for a long time. My Weird Saz came from her.
Saz is short for Sazanami.
Love your blooms today Helena,.

Linda, Melody had already removed the spam.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2024 12:06 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I have several blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Simply gorgeous blooms Helena.
I have a few open this morning as soon as I can get out there to take pics.
I believe I have a Ukigumo open. Hoping Helena can id it.

Helena, those are absolutely amazing.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Hope you took pictures of your blooms Jackie.
Here's my blooms for today, two volunteers and ip.nils. caught glimpse of pandy along the road so asked my son to take a Pic. He picked one for me! Pretty and healthy blooms and vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Good morning. Those are very pretty.

Great blooms Helena. Lovely white with very light blue,
Love the pandy and purple purp,
Helena, I can't remember what Ukigumo looks like, do you think this is it? I do have a tag for it in this area. # 1
# 2 pandy growing up the pole
# 3 finally a dark Purple Tie Dye
# 4 Unknown small dark blue, don't think it's LYK
# 5 Weird Saz and friend

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. Don't know how you both keep up eith names.

Thanks Linda, I haven;t been doing a good job of keeping up with the names the last coup[e of years, Too much can go wrong, misnaming the seeds during the gathering process.. Made even worse when the vines are so tangled

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I'm not sure if it's ukiguma, I use I knew how to get to files to search.
I have a light pink and volunteer purpurea.

Those are beautiful Helena. Love those colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
I have a volunteer again this morning and a nice burgundy bloom from Ana on ebay I think. And my 2 other repeat blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are lovely Helena, the burgundy looks like Black King to me. I've tried to start a Black King several times lately, I don't know what keeps happening to it. Gorgeous soft blue in your last pic
I had several open this morning
# 4 a small pink growing in the ground in front of my raggedy trellis id unknown
It's from dropped seed from last years vine growing in thst spot.
# 5 a new vine opening, I have no idea what this softest pink might be.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I hope its not Black king I do think theres a slight difference.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I really like the color of pink on 4th picture.
I finally got my last seedlings into bigger pots. I sprayed under the leaves too, see if it works keeping the bugs from getting them. Keeping them in greenhouse for now out of sun.

Both of you have beautiful blooms.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I've got grasshoppers feasting on my leaves.
I know you're happy to get the last of your vines into bigger pots, I'm relieved to be finished with that chore too. , I planted 4 in one pot and 3 in another.. I just didn't have the energy to give them individual pots.
I found Ukigumo in the plant files today and my bloom from yesterday did not match.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2024 9:33 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope you find a name for the bloom.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Looks like there's a spam on our forum but not on our thread.
How do you get to plantfiles, I tried and couldn't find the mg plantfiles. Do you have a link to it Jackie?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, go up to the top of this page. there you will see community, guides, etc.
Click on guides and that page will come up. the 1st thing listed is plant files, click on it and you will see where you type in for example ipomoea nil black king or whatever you want to search for. when I searched yesterday, it brought up all mg's. I had to go thru 4 pages to get to Ukigumo
Helena, where did the spammer post?.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.