Morning Glories 2023 #05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1559841

Pics from Oct 2011 Some of my vines had extraordinary leaves. I had used
some Fertilome that the bag was left open allowing germs, bacteria, or a virus to enter the potting mix. The result, some had beautiful variegation.
That was my best year for higes too.
Melody at DG says there is a glitch, they're working on it. Just click on each pic without telling it to go to next pic and you can view each one of the photo's without a problem.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2023 4:59 AM

This message was edited Nov 14, 2023 4:48 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie but the the post is not working like it should to see the next bloom.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thank you. Yes, we are all glad she is pain free.
Those blooms are beautiful.
None of the threads I am in will let you click to see next photo. It's been that way for a few weeks.

Thanks ladies, Yes, I had already told Melody about the problem and she told me the problem is site wide. You can just click on each pic and not try to click on see next pic
Linda, are you back home now?

Yes, I got back home Tuesday night. It was very nice to sleep in my own bed.

I'm sure it was, after all you've been thru. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Gautier, MS

Hope you both had a nice thanksgiving and things are back to normal. Good normal. I'm trying to relax a bit now.

Hope you did as well Helena. Was very hectic even though we baked some dishes ahead of time.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. It was hard, being the first time Todd wasn't with us. But my son and daughter in law helped me get through it.
Glad youhad a good day too.

Gautier, MS

I wanted to log into DG on my computer but it wouldn't let me saying I was using wrong username. So helenahkh is not my username? I'm confused and sure don't remember what else it would be...help. I don't log off on my phone so I can still get to see and post her.

Well, It's requires to log in with email addy. I had two so picked the wrong one first. I stopped using the other one. Too many things to remember.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2023 12:17 PM

I went through that a few days ago.
Something about an update that required us to log in.

I haven't gone thru that yet, I stay logged in

Gautier, MS

Yes, it's how to log in now since I'm using my computer and log out. It least its making me remember my password.
I started a few mgs seeds earlier this week. I like the color of them so far. I hope they keep growing and I don't loose them. Wanted to post a pic but it's only on my phone. I have 2689 pics that I I copied into a thumb drive but I not sure if I can delete them yet from my phone.

That's a lot of pictures.
I hope you get a lot of beautiful blooms next year.

Next year I hope I can get even half the lovely blooms Helena got this yr. It was a great yr for her, not so much for me. I remain hopeful.

Gautier, MS

I hope I get half as nice blooms next year too Linda and Jackie. I spent a couple of hours today on my phone going through my pictures deleting a lot of them but I still have too many to go through. That's since 2018, about 5 and 1/2 years of pictures. A lot of my family too.i don't have the heart to delete those...yet.
Not a good pic of my mg seedlings.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

At least you have new seedlings up Helena. I'm sure they will do fine..

Looks like your seedlings are happy. Hopefully you get a lot of beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. My seedlings made a little progress. When they'll start growing I'll repot them in bigger Styrofoam cups. I think it'll help keeping the cold out. Growing under lights and maybe a window.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those seedlings are looking good.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I thought I posted here yesterday. Hope you and Jackie are doing good.

I am doing good. Just not used to the cold weather here in Amarillo. They are predicting maybe a foot of snow tomorrow or Friday.

My heart is bothering me for a week or more. I need to go see my cardiologist and see if I can be checked for A fib or whatever it's called. short of breath after just a few steps. My blood pressure out of control and my feet are swollen.
Our temps above normal here which I love, It will hit 60 several times this week

Praying you can see the doctor soon. Don't wait too long.

Thanks Linda, I'm going soon.

Gautier, MS

Hope you get to a doctor soon too Jackie. I thought it was unusual to not see you posting. Praying for you.
Hope this bloom cheers you up.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful pink and white bloom Helena. thank you

Merry Christmas everyone.
Look what I found blooming in the g house
My lovely yellow ochracea, 1st bloom of this winter and spring blooming season

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Good morning, Merry Christmas to all of you.
Beautiful bloom to discover for Christmas.

Thanks Linda, it was a complete surprise. I had not noticed any
buds on the vine.

Gautier, MS

Glad to see you hopefully feeling a little better Jackie. Seems like the days go by too fast. Love your ocheacea blooms Jackie. I think all 3 of us have a good dislike for cold weather.
My red striped hige has a few blooms too past week. My salvias and other mgs need to go into bigger pots.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, your red striped hige is gorgeous and your seedlings look great under
the lights.
At times I feel a ;little better and then much of the time, I don't. It's my blood pressure. Something is wrong causing my bp to shoot up. they need to figure out what it is.

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Jackie, I am praying they figure it out soon. Always seems to be a guessing game with the doctors.

Thanks for the prayers Linda. They don't think my open heart surgery has failed. but
maybe I have a new blockage. I'll ask for the tests soon.

Don't wait too long Jackie.

Happy New Year everyone.

Praying for a healthier, happier and safer year for us all.

Gautier, MS

Happy New Year ladies. Praying all goes well for you Jackie and us too.
It was a beautiful warm day here. I bought two violet blooming plants and got them into pots. It felt like spring but I know we still have more cold weather coming and frosts. Saw butterflies in the garden.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my gosh Helena, Would have loved to have had your great weather today.
Has been so cold here lately, just in the 40's. I guess we are lucky that the cold stuff has held off till this late in the year.
Helena what zone are you in?

Gautier, MS

I think it's zone 8, maybe 9. I'm at the very end edge of MS Gulf Coast. What I like about MS is that we might get rainny cloudy days but the sun always comes through. Days cold nights and mornings but we might have to turn on the AC in the cars sometimes in the house too.

Oh I would love your climate Helena. Your winters aren;t as cold as ours and I would really enjoy that

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.