Disease Identiciation on Red Twig Dogwood

Lansdale, PA

Yesterday I realized a disease has seriously harmed my red twig dogwood. It's white powder that seems to extend up the branches from the roots. Some branches seemed completely dead with all of the leaves dead. Some branches with less white powder seem like they are dying. I started cutting some of the totally dead branches. Is this a form of powdery mildew or something else? The pictures I found online for powdery mildew didn't seem as extreme and all encompassing as this.

Thumbnail by roberca1

Oh no, sounds like your red twig dogwood's caught in a bad spot! That white powder creeping up from the roots and wrecking havoc? Definitely sounds like powdery mildew's uglier cousin, but if it's way worse than what you're seeing online, you might be dealing with something next level. Cutting off the dead branches was a solid move. For the less affected areas, you might wanna try some fungicide action or home remedies like a mix of water and baking soda to fight back. Keep those good vibes and treatments going, and hopefully, your dogwood will start to shake off that funk and get back to its glorious self. Keep an eye on it, and don't let that powdery punk win!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.