Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Chat with friends..newcomers always welcome..

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Not a biker chick. Both of my sons are tattoo artist. They stay busy at the rally's.
Here in Texas, everyone has prickly pear cactus, whether we want them or not. They grow wild.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Forrest, Betty, Linda, Pat and Myself are widows. Linda's Todd just passed recently. I do not think there is a chick amongst us. My son is a Dr, and he said motorcycle owners keep him in business. Last week in Las Vegas, 7 were in accidents and 3 died. Unfortunately for them, they were not at fault but still dead.

I grow succulents, not cactus. I do have several orchid cactus.

Betty, are you feeling better after "your spell". Low blood pressure or low sugar? What did you determine.

Pat, hurray for them finally coming and cleaning up their mess. I, like Marie, mourned Vern's death months before he died. After Vern passed and the family had been here the majority the day, I asked them all to leave so I could be alone.

Susan, that would really make me mad and you do not want to make me mad. Such a childish thing to do. Too bad the wasps didn't get him.

I cut back some of my tomatoes today, pulled some zinnias that were spent and found 4 large tomato worms on my tomato plants. They are now in tomato worm heaven.

I have no appointments this week, so I am going to work on getting my garage back in order, sand down two teak benches. My neighbor that moved gave them to me for my granddaughter.

Betty, we are cooler than we were in July. Rain suppose to be here Wednesday. 102 today. 99 tomorrow. 98 with clouds on Wednesday. Any day with clouds is doable

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LMAO Sharon - I said the same thing. I hoped he'd gone to the shed & got stung GOOD.
Turns out that my security camera installer isn't coming until Wednesday, between 8am & 5pm. I have a neighbour coming tomorrow to help me get my 10ft Market umbrella operational. Something simple, I'm sure, but it's been years since it was opened, so I'm not sure why it's not opening up.

Forest - I'm not a widow, just trying to figure out the paperwork to get a divorce. Feels like 100 pages of forms & instructions. It'll cost $260 to file. Hope he has to share costs. I wasn't the one to kick our marriage to the curb. Anyway, it will be what it will be.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, much like the states we have been having mega rain and other than tomorrow heavy rains for a week. Goes from flowers starving for rain to so much rain all rots. Hope I get to see some of my Angel trumpets blooms, had hope one or two would have been in bloom for my company thursday but won’t happen.

Forest, I was a biker girl, 2 wheel regular bicycle, wasn’t wearing a helmet, happened in Fort Myers Florida’s..brain bleed and loss of some memory. Sooo not even a three wheeler for me!

Susan, why are people so mean, no reason to destroy your pretties. There are no children in your area are there? Could it be soon so be ex?? Few succulents here but no cacti.

Pat how are you and Marie doing. Bet you are thrilled they got all the debris finally taken away.

Sharon, teak is a hard wood to sand down isn’t it..remember doing the slats on my boat back landing, was mega work then had to oil them. Will you be cleaning them i.e. and painting. Glad your weather is cooling down. What do you do with all your tomatoes that are now being attack by worms, pick them all and put in compost.

Yesterday in the afternoon I cut 10” block out of white/blue fabric, made them into strip cut, hoping later this afternoon I can get a hour or so done on it..tired of doing nothing.

Have 3 young ladies coming today taking up most of my day. 9-11, 11-1 and 1-3 so best I go make breakfast, open basement door for them and hope all goes well. Did tell parents if I found it too difficult I would cancel.

Ziggy want in

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Alright, maybe y’all aren’t young chicks, but with age comes sooo much more ……. don’t know y’all well enough to speak my mind, but…….gonna have to leave it there & let y’all fill in for me.

Back when I was in college, my friends & I went to a bar & were approached by 3 senior ladies in their 70’s, but for us in our 20’s they looked closer to 100, said they were spending a night out to celebrate a birthday, they walked up to us slowly & somewhat shyly, one of them began to speak, her voice was soft but a little rough as it vibrated slightly, kinda like an old billy goat, she said “I’m looking for some young bucks”, we couldn’t quite make out what she had said & asked her to repeat it, she says again “I’m looking for some young bucks”, they wanted to dance! My friends & I danced & drank with them for a couple of hours, will never forget it, we had the best time. I can still hear that lady’s voice, looking for young bucks, priceless.

I used to tell my wife that every time I look into a mirror, I see a young buck, she’s been telling me for a while that I need to take a closer look or find a different mirror! My two sons say the same thing, I usually tell them I look their age or younger, just guys hanging out having fun. My wife must have replaced all the mirrors in our home, & every other mirror I come across, I asked her when she found time to do such a thing, I’m not quite seeing that young buck anymore, my wife says it more like an old fart, gosh I sure hope my eyes will deceive me.

Just found out we actually had a tornado yesterday here in Knoxville. No one was hurt but it sure caused a lot of damage, Said it developed so fast there wasn’t time to get a warning out. People are still without electricity, my was out for 14 hours, hard to sleep without my fan blowing on me. Last night we sat on our back porch, made & ate peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, we didn’t want to open our fridge, trying to keep thing’s cold. We went to the Y to work out & families had brought their kids there to shower & change their phones. Kids were fussing because they wouldn’t be able to get up & shower for their first day back to school.

Sounds like someone is better off than being married, how low can a real man be, that’s childish behavior, no one deserves to be treated the way he’s treated you, shame on him, people know when they’re in the wrong.
You’re probably right about the motorcycle, I just miss it, maybe a trail bike instead, still a bike though.
Sorry, but I can’t keep up with who’s who, that will take me time.

I know I can rattle, now gotta go again

Forest

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Forest, I wouldn't be single if I weren't forced into it, and those that are widows here would echo that sentiment. I honestly think that my soon-to-be ex is suffering from the early onset of dementia, but when I could have gotten him help no Dr would believe me, and when he was out of my household I couldn't ask him to be tested. Catch-22
A tornado? Hope no injury or loss of life or homes.
Funny about the mirrors lol

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I was in my garage area 4 hours today re-potting plants and cleaning. I emptied the storage trunk that goes with the 2 benches. It is grey on he outside, that is what teak does when it ages, and normal teak color on the inside. My daughter just wants it sanded and not painted. I guess I need to ask my granddaughter and her husband. I googled how to proceed and sponge sanding is recommended. So I have ordered some sponge sanding items from Amazon and they will be here tomorrow. I just got rid of everything that was in the trunk, mostly garbage and then cleaned it out with the hose. Left it open in the garage to dry out. With our humidity at 5% it will not take long for it to dry out. It is expensive teak and doesn't look like it will need much sanding. They just didn't have room at their new home because they down sized big time. I need to feed my Emma and get myself something to eat. Had pork Belly for breakfast. All that fat in the pork belly had my energy burners on high. But when the fire went out, it went out quick. I will take some photos tomorrow and send them to Betty so she can post on here.

Off to my dinner and then continuing Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Hugs.

Granddaughter and great grandchildren are here from Phoenix but they have colds, so I have not seen them yet.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Susan, I am sorry someone is messing with you. THAT is just mean & stress provoking.

Forest, my husband Ben told me he sold his motorcycle when he became a father. He felt it was the responsible thing to do. Both of my brothers owned BIG bikes. Mark is at Sturgis now on his Harley. My late brother Ross owned a Gold Wing.

Sharon, I read the whole series by Michael Connelly, that included the Lincoln Lawyer, I really enjoyed it.

Where ya at Karen? I hope all is well.

This funeral planning has been a NIGHTMARE! My sister & husband are active Catholic and the church they attend is remodeling the kitchen and all the hospitality rooms so there was NO place to have the luncheon! Several of us spent hours trying to find a suitable venue & then someone to hire to set up, serve & clean up. ALL that would have been done by their women's auxiliary if we had been able to use the church facilities, I finally got the local Grange hall rented and friends of mine volunteered to handle the kitchen & set up.

Phil & Marie's daughter & family are stranded in Salt Lake City due to the storms, airplane malfunctions and canceled fights. With any luck they will get in tonight, more 24 hours late.

We missed the deadline to submit the obituary to run Wednesday and the funeral is Thursday. I've spent the last 3 days running errands, cleaning & organizing stuff at Marie's. I went home at 9PM tonight since Marie couldn't stay awake to help with the grocery list etc. I have a list to get done tomorrow.

I am grateful the bedrooms at my house are all set up and the house clean already. I did not get the 2 halls painted but I am comfortable with the way things look overall. I don't know about anyone else but if my house is not acceptable to ME, I am a wreck for company. I am NOT a good housekeeper so having company is usually very stressful for me. THIS time I am looking forward to it. I have gotten so much done since they saw it last. I have REALLY been working hard at improving this aspect of my life.

Although Marie had so much of the "preplanning done" etc, there has been a load of last minute stuff and lots more expenses. If nothing else, it told me to set more money aside in my son's name beyond paying in advance for the funeral home services. When Ben died, the use of my church AND the meal afterwards (food, set up AND clean up) were all provided for free. Marie is paying $950 just for the church & priest. I don't know how much the rental of the building for the luncheon is besides the food.

Every time I am involved in a funeral, I give thanks again for how well taken care of I was for Ben. Although the financial savings were substantial, it was the stress-free meal, and help with all of those other aspects that I was most grateful for.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - why couldn't the church find you a venue and still have the women's auxillary look after it - someone's large home, perhaps?
The security system & cameras are set up. I'll rest easier now. Hopefully my internet provider will be able to keep up with the strain. Even if it can't, the RCMP & the security company will have notices of anything that is wrong. So, if my internet gets "overwhelmed" and I'm in a non-service spot for my cell phone, I'm still ok.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Dealing with a death in the family is never an easy thing to do, you guys are right about doing as much planning ahead as possible, there’s not a day that goes by I don’t think about my loved one’s that have passed. My parents passed several years back, they were both cremated, ashes put in a marble urn, buried. They were well known & loved in their community, had many friends & relatives. Both said they didn’t want an open casket, said if anyone wanted to see them then they should’ve done it before they died. It was just a matter of fact with a smile. So now there are two little marble urns buried just below a very nice & large double heart tombstone. They had it placed there in a private cemetery long before they passed. This was several years back, it was odd to me & others going to the funeral home & not seeing a body, nowadays I would think nothing of it. I have 2 adult sons, both have high functioning autism & severe depression / social anxiety. That’s a book in itself. My wife & I’s funeral plans are centered around what would be best for our sons.

I just wanted to share

Forest

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Do you all mind putting your name at the end of your post, it would help me greatly, please

My name is at the top of each post, right beside my Dave's garden name.
You are correct. Pre-planning and pre paying for a funeral is easier for everyone.
Make your wishes known now. Before it's too late.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

You’re right Linda, it’s small but I see it now.

Question for all, my electric power was out for 14 hours, will my deli sandwich meat still be good? I love the boreshead pepperjack turkey breast, at $14.50 lb, I hate to toss it. I just ate a big sample, someone in my house needed to test it. I get so mad sometimes at my wife and one of my sons, for tossing food because of its best by date. I grew up on a big farm, if food smelled good & then tasted good, we ate it. I probably also need to share with you that I’ve also had food poisoning twice in the past year.

Forest

The good news is, we have a place for the luncheon Years from now it won't matter where it was & what a nightmare it was to make it all happen. Friends of mine are taking care of the kitchen (she has cooked for over a 100 people all summer long at a dude ranch) so I KNOW we are well taken care of. I have the centerpieces ready, our niece is a florist and she is doing the casket flowers and altar flowers.

Kevin gets in this afternoon; his wife could not get off work with this little of notice. Dana & Carrie come later this evening. I wish they were staying through to Sunday but they are not. Not sure why.... it could change I suppose! I think they both have some social commitments they don't want to miss. Dana hosts a role-playing game at their house every weekend and Carrie has an online scrapbooking group she is involved with.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

I think I may have just got my answer about the deli meat, while watching early news on TV, said through it out & had some families talk about all they had already tossed. I sure hope I don’t get sick, you’ll learn that I do the dumbest things, what’s wrong with me?
Forest

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Pat, I hope your family members will put family first this weekend, if you really want them to stay longer, I would just ask, shouldn’t be too much to ask for. I know I’m new to this group, I don’t intend to know it all, just sharing my thoughts.

LOL... my husband and I had the same disagreement. I toss any food after 7 days or less. That is what I taught my kids, their spouses do not always agree with them and their wives will do the whole "smell test".. Forest, you have had food poisoning TWICE in the last year??? Hummm... I think YOU can answer your own question LOL. Another consideration is that as we age our ability to smell diminishes, that means our "smell checker" just got less sensitive. Even at $14.50 a pound it is NOT worth the risk of food poisoning to me. I'll cry about the waste, but it would go in the garbage. I would not care how much of it YOU would eat, I would NOT follow suit!

I will assume it was a rhetorical question but just in case? You hate to waste money. You were taught the smell test was adequate. I think you MIGHT want to reconsider that thought. We all do dumb things some time, sometimes REALLY dumb things! If it continues, ask for your wife for advice. I am SURE she will glad to give it! LOL
Pat
(if you look RIGHT after the handle my name is always on my posts). It takes time to learn the names & I have a cheat list next to my computer for the people that don't post often that I need a reminder for.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Pat, you made me laugh, hadn’t thought about it but my sense of smell has been declining for a long time, should’ve ask someone to sniff it for me. That’s right, sniff it, because I just can’t toss it, I will never learn my lesson when it comes to this, just kidding or fooling myself to say I will. Family members toss it & I dig it out of the trash. Plus, I can’t get them to sniff anything, I told them my sniffer was gone, I ask but no one will sniff my socks or shirts, not sure why! LOL
Forest

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon, (says Betty) kept myself busy today..had 2 little ones which took 9-1pm,quick trip to Midland, treated myself to a chainsaw, while reading the instructions I read there is a kick back when putting it in the. Limb..yikes, guess it will sit til someone who visits says I’d clear some of those limbs if I had a chainsaw then I can say ‘ta da’ here you go.

Sat for 1/2 hour with Marie and Ted, Lordy they have a lovely sitting area at the front corner of my property lol

I hadn’t used the weeder in a few weeks, yard seemed to have grown twofold so got my loppers out and trimmed the flowering crab apple and a few other shrub/trees then weeded so you have to know I am paying for it so before coming to bed took some cbd/thc .. just climbed into bed as did Ziggy, but hopefully it will ease the pain.

Hollow, your 1st name please?? I had to laugh when you mentioned entertaining the young ones 😜, i travelled with2 sister-in-law and we’d travel all over USA. But a year before starting, Suzanne (SIL) and I drove to New Orleans, our base was few blocks from Bourbon Street, neither of us gals drink but can have fun without. there were college students from Texas. They’re having the greatest time at one of the bars. A few of them saw my foot moving to the music and asked me to dance before you knew it. I was one of the crowd and so was Suzanne had the biggest laugh out of them, and they so enjoyed our company as they drink, they got a little overzealous, and the one guy wanted to lift me in without my knowing grabbed me by the ankles..luckily Susanne saw what was happening and managed to support my head from the cement floor. Needless to say remaining week was not fun, think this shoulder problem has a bit to do with that night of fun.

Sorry to hear about your weather, and yes, all out into the garbage the meat and freezer food must go. About 35 years ago most of Ontario lost power for about a week, hard going. Hard going with your boys but am sure they get lots of loving from your wife and you.

Pat, was watching the news, airlines must have a lot of upset customers, Mother Nature sure is unhappy lately, our weather here has been most unusual. Funerals are expensive even when you plan it to be minimal cost. Hard also when most of the time it’s not by invitation. I am sure it will do Phil proud. I cannot believe you said you weren’t a great housekeeper or did I read that wrong..cannot believe that. Is the funeral tomorrow? Hugs

Lindakay, how is Kathy doing today, only a few more days and you will be home, bet you are not anxious to leave. Is her hubby still alive, does she have children in same town?

I’m worried about Karen as well..

Susan glad your camera system is installed, waiting for John to come but both he and Darlene have been unwell. Weatherman says our week forecast is mostly rain and storms, hope not so in your area as I believe you were going camping..you must be well organized as what to bring, you sure are brave.

Deb, saw Tanya my niece this afternoon, she had tea in hand and was starting her shift as pharmacist but had time to show me photo of her new puppy, the picked him up Friday, they have no children so can just imagine how spoilt this boxer will be, says likely 55lbs when fully grown. What is the normal full grown weight of your breed.

Sharon, what is your weather like today… you must soon be transitioning to fall planting soon?sorry to hear the great grands have colds and you can’t see them yet.
Emma must be enjoying cooler temps. Have you spoken to new neighbours yet?

Dianne, i haven’t looked yet at what weather you are having, hope not the rain that is suppose to start tomorrow. I heard a few advertisements for fall fairs, imagine. Love the Lincoln Lawyer series, think I’ve watched it all nut new season should be out soon. What other series has caught your attention.

Wonder how Judy and Liz are doing?

Young Lily finished her horse throw, she goes riding a few times a week so when I got cut out horse blocks I knew she would enjoy making something with them..she has worked on it for 5 lessons so 10 hours, she took it home today.

Not sure if I posted the block (need 12) for the throw I’m making for living room, drats, buy a new rug and it leaves one to have to add coordinating items or it doesn’t fit in.

Came to bed and now I’m hungry so up I go

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hmmmm I need to figure out how to put my real name in with my avatar name........
No, Betty, I'm not going camping this weekend. I will be, on the 25/26th of August though. I don't consider myself brave - I camp with a group, and if the weather becomes nasty, I've had people say I could stay in their RV (extra bed, they say - suppose it's the "table turns into a bed" type).I have an arctic warm sleeping bag & the bed is raised and inflatable with a memory foam topper. One lady(?) of my acquaintance is bound & determined to say that she thinks I invite men into my tent (#1 - it's big enough to have more than 1 sleep in it, and #2 - my bed will hold up to 500 lbs!). This from a retired minister, who also says that she & I are alike. What's she REALLY saying - that this is what she would do if she were suddenly single? I told her, in the eyes of God & the law I'm still legally married & I will act that way. I also told her MYOB lmao
The exterminator didn't come today - weather liars said it would be a major storm through here, with large hail & damaging winds. Our little hamlet is odd, in that when tornadoes are threatened, it goes to the towns to the east & west of us, and skip around to the north. THEY get damage to crops, homes, farms & other buildings. We don't. After 7 years living here, I'm believing people who told me this when I moved here........!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did you hear me scream Ziggy was running around I thought it was after a mouse all of a sudden he was on the bed I was laying on the pillow and there’s a mouse running near my head. I let out a scream and jumped out of bed, flushed all the blankets till i saw drop to the floor..do I go back to sleep?

I was watching Lincoln Lawyer movie, watched it years ago, was falling sleep, wide awake now! 2nd time Ziggy has brought me a mouse grrr time to put some treats out for it.

Omg Susan, what a ridiculous thing to say, shaking my head, surely you don’t call her friend.tornadoes do have patterns I believe, this area has been hit 3-4 times. Glad you’ve got some console in believing you are off its path, hope that is so.

Guess I will watch the rest of my movie.

I canceled my flight to go back home. Kathy is declining. She has a few good days others not so good. When her pain starts increasing thry give her Ativan and or morphine, and it really makes her sleepy and duper confused. She doesn't know where she is and asked why we are trying to kill her.
Today was a good day. We found a hair salon that will cut ladies hair that has cancer for free. She really enjoyed getting out.
I have called my doctor's office and told them to cancel my knee surgery till further notice. They understood.
Sorry about the mouse problem. I hate those things.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've been among the missing lately. Shoulder has started to be very painful again. It just wears me out.
We got our pickled beets all done and now waiting 2 weeks before we can try them.

Those puppies are just too adorable. I'm sure it's a good thing we aren't supposed to have pets here. Well we do have the cat, Ducky. He wouldn't go outside if his life depended on it. He thinks out is a terrible place.

We bought a new washer yesterday. Actually it's an all in one machine. toss in dirty clothes and get back clean dry ones. Changing the loads had been difficult for me so I'm going to like this. Plus just one machine so more room in the laundry. Now we can put in that pantry cupboard I've been wanting.

Betty you should make your Dr. aware of your fall. That was not a good thing to happen. Kind of sounds like a blood pressure drop to me. I have that thin fragile skin also. I am always finding places where I bumped it and didn't even know till I see the blood. You should have some antibiotic cream to put on when that happens, then a bandaid over that to protect it. Cream helps to heal faster and also keep dressing from sticking and making it worse.
I am getting so worried that my shoulder will never stop hurting. It's been since April. Dr. says there is nothing he can do, but therapy might help. So far no relief there either.
Hollow, we just moved back to MI from TN last Oct. We lived in Maryville. Actually about 7 miles out of town toward the mountains. Very pretty there but needed to be back with family.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2023 1:08 AM

Thanks for checking in Karen.
Sorry to hear you're shoulder is still bothering you. I have said before, I have had 2 frozen shoulder at separate times. They take months to heal, and they never heal completely. It's been years, and I still have problems with my left shoulder.
Praying you get some relief soon.

Betty, you can almost always write your name in the dust on my furniture (yep, you can in my sewing room right now!) . The hardwood floors ALWAYS have kitty litter everywhere. I can't seem to find a way to confine it to ONLY the room where his litter box is. Frankly, kitty litter was a reason i questioned whether I wanted a pet bad enough to contend with the mess. I don't mind scooping his box daily near as much as I hate the litter on the floors in my house. I do a good job of keeping up with laundry & dishes, but mopping & vacuuming, not so much! I really have been trying to do better. Living in 500 SF for 2 years really drilled into my head how much better I feel if my environment is clean and attractive. I had to pare down to fit in my space!

Funeral is at 11, it's 8.20. there are things to do so will return later.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

@hollow - my real name is Susan - I just can't figure out how to put it in my post automatically.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's the picture of the pergola I'm going to put on my lower back deck :)
I'll get it put up, but in the meantime I have paperwork to do!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Hi All, here’s a little story for you, I found it while surfing the internet:

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.🤣

I enjoyed this story, made me laugh.
Forest

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

When we were growing up, in the late 40's and early 50's, our fridge was very small. So whatever was for dinner and left over was stored in the oven. My siblings and I joke that you cannot give us food poisoning because were fed a little bit every day growing up. Woke up to big time Thunder. Then a down pour but only lasted about 10 minutes. I am sitting on my back patio enjoying the clouds and cool down.

Well, Forrest, you are 2 years older than me. My name is Sharon. Worms love me because I am a big composter and they take my very large pile down over the summer. This last year I had so many volunteer tomatoes come up all over the landscape. Also peppers. I was raised in a very small mining town, Pioche, in the mountains close to Utah. My father was sent there in 1942 because he was in the Army but only had sight in one eye so could not go into combat. The government took over the iron/ore mines during the war and when the war ended, my parents stayed there. They were from Oregon and my mother's bothers were berry farmers.

Betty, you need a battery saw. The new ones are expensive but really do a good job. If it is not strong enough to cut what you are trying to cut, then you shouldn't be cutting it. That horse blanket is magnificent.

Pat, I am so thankful you have found a place for the luncheon. Such stress at a time you do not need it. Please enjoy your family.

Susan, glad you got your cameras installed. Now if you could catch the creep. That would be so satisfying.

Karen, so pleased to see you post. we were getting worried. See if you can some CBD cream. I have a sore shoulder occasionally and my friend same me a small jar of her CBD cream and it really helps.

I will try to return later. Going to start sanding the teak furniture for my granddaughter.

Sharon. Most neighbors call me Mother Winter or Mayor.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I’ve worked since 5a.m. Til noon getting my house “upped a notch” for the visit of friends I worked with for about 20 years, hadn’t seen them in about 20+ years.

By the way, when washing the floors there in a corner was the little mouse, thought he was dead, got tissue and went to put him in a bag, he was alive so carried him to back bush and let him go.

Pat, looking at the clock and thinking of you all, I imagine the funeral is all but over..how dis Marie do?

Lindakay, so sorry to hear your sister is doing so poorly, although it’s important, a must that you look after yourself you need to be there with her..was nice you got her out today. Am sure specialist understand. And will work you in as soon as you are able to get home.

Not a thing has to be done here, left over for supper, more likely enough for tomorrow’s lunch so wondering if a hot bath might do the trick or if making another quilt block would pass the time til I go Betty byes

Karen, nice to see you post, know where you are coming from, the pain never gets better at least for me, beyond frustrating..they sure have neat washers now days, don’t think I could do the laundromat thing. Love homemade beets, hard to stay away from them. Girls that came today were both saying they buy nu-skin and it works well, will have to go to pharmacy and get some as what I am using isn’t working well. I can’t leave it uncovered as the flesh isn’t attaching.

Had lunch/desert ready, sat a few minutes and in they came right when the sky opened up, wow such torrential rain. Had the greatest time updating each other, talked of our towns with municipality…they could hardly believe that I’m still teaching young ones. We will get together in the fall.

Spoke to my pharmacy, he told me to take my blood pressure every time I feel off..few minutes ago i felt off so took it 112-51-70, he said to keep track for a few weeks then give doctor a call.. no appointments other than phone calls, it’s the pitz.

That young mom Tori, my 2nd cousin nearly bled to death this morning, helicopter couldn’t do hospital transfer to Newmarket so ambulance took her..this part has nothing to do with her liver..prayers please.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Had cut a bouquet from the garden this morning and Bonnie brought me a bouquet..Got some pretty flowers

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Sharon, I hope I don’t disappoint you, but you’re not younger than me & you just told your age. That McDonald’s incident was a story someone else had posted on the internet & I found it amusing & wanted to share it. In my book, you’re still very young. When I was in my early 20’s, away at college, my mom called me & told me my great grandfather had just gotten married again. It was his 2nd marriage, he was 96 & his new bride was 87. I thought that was something.

I survived my taste test, now I’m gonna enjoy my deli meat. Caught my son getting rid of refrigerated food he thought had spoiled, so I had to help him, I ate what I could. When I was growing up & didn’t like what my mom had cooked, she’d always say, “Just think about all those Ethiopians over there starving, nothing to eat, & dying, I bet they’d sure love to just have even a few bites of that”. Mom’s sure have a way with words.

Betty, if I lived close by, I’d help you out with that chainsaw, makes any guy feel like a real man, chainsaws are not for everyone, very dangerous, even someone skilled in them can have an accident, so many things that can go wrong that most people aren’t even aware of. Let someone else do it. My dad was cutting down a tree once, had taken a small triangular chunk out of the bottom so it wouldn’t kick back on him & it still kicked back on him & hit him square in the face & broke his nose. Chains are bad for coming off while running & they can come back on your hand, even with a hand guard. Chains can also break & cut you nearly anywhere on the body. Plus , a person has to know how, where, & where not to cut wood, & need to protect their eyes. That horse blanket is nice, is that the final size, or does it go under a saddle, pretty, also looks like a pretty young lady holding it, is she family?

Karen, I tried a couple of CBD products, couldn’t tell I had even taken anything, I think they were for anxiety & sleeping, I have such a hard time sleeping, love to find something that works, let me know if you or anyone else has recommendations.

Pat, I’m just gonna say prayers for you & your family. My heart goes out to you.

Susan, a picture is worth a thousand words, so they say, & you will be getting video recordings, thumbs up to you. I just want you & everyone else to have peace & of course good health, I don’t ask for too much. Oh, nice pergola, I could use one of those over a concrete slab in my backyard, maybe it would shelter my cacti from too much rain, would need a different overlay though, I’m thinking out loud! Sorry

What’s everyone having for dinner? I made our favorite, pot of soup beans & cornbread, plain & simple, cut up some fresh tomatoes / onions / cucumbers, might fry some potatoes, this is what I grew up on & fussed about to my mom years ago, now I love it, time changes a person, unless my sense of taste is gone too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats drats drats
I just w wrote a novel, i was talking about Graeme’s 65th birthday, it typed a few letters I was trying to erase, froze
Took photo of the last few sentences.

Know i chatted in length to all of you…grrr, big sigh
Don’t you just hate it..wonder if I can find it somewhere on my ipad

One should learn when typing in lengths to copy along the way just in case

This message was edited Aug 10, 2023 6:52 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm having cauliflower crust PIZZA! Love pizza, and cutting carbs didn't make my craving easy. When I found cauliflower crust I was thrilled!
Hollow - you can't leave the awning up on the pergola in bad weather, so you'd have to be taking it down all the time.

london, United Kingdom

Spam deleted.

Thumbnail by james1165
Victoria Harbour, ON

James post is scan..how they get on here is beyond me
Sun is shining, fall day, even the leaves are falling.

Susan I always wanted a wood pergola, maybe one day. It must be a lot of work for you..did you clear the veggies out and start transplanting flowers to that area?

Didn’t eat supper last night, ate too much at lunch time so chicken fried rice and chicken thighs/wings will be on tonight’s menu.

Dangerous Lindakay Re staying longer and putting your own health at risk but know in heart of hearts it’s best for you and Kathy. Am sure it meant the world for her to get all prettied up.

Karen, bet your patio area is looking lovely, must go look at what make it was but i know I will lose my post again. Sure feel for you, I’ve just less than 2 months before I get my next injection..have they suggested those. Have an MRI on the 6th, hope it shows something other than what my doctor says it is. I can ask him a dozen times and get a dozen different answers.

Sharon, you are the queen of tomato gardening. The ones I put in that area that is mostly shade nos not one flower, maybe somebody will have to cut some limbs off the trees back there..I’ve enough patios so i could get those patio tomato plants next year, perhaps i will.

Have to come back later, Maddy will be here for 9..she never sewed and made a quilt for her single bed, last week we put it on the frame, today she gets to random quilt it.
Bet i haven’t used that system for over a year, hope it works without problems as she would be disappointed.

Suzanne is dropping her young granddaughter to shorten a jump suit for her, might just keep her for the day as I know that there is a lot to do for celebration of life tomorrow.

Verona, ON

Good morning everyone.

Well there was torrential rain, thunder and lightening yesterday for about 2 hours. It seemed like the T&L was following me. I was at Foodland when it started. As I was driving home a tree fell down right in the back of the Bronco. I was just creeping along as I couldn't see to go faster. I didn't have my chainsaw in the Bronco so I kept going. At first inspection after the storm finally let up I found a couple of smaller trees down that I can block but there is 1 on top of the hydro and satellite lines. I'll need help with that. We are going to walk soon so I can see what other damage has been done.

So what is everyone up to this weekend?

BBL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Lordy Dianne, lucky more damage was done during the storm, thank goodness it didn’t land on you.we got the torrential rain but no T&L. Are you expecting 3-4 more days of rain? Was the TH nervous?

this morning I had young Mandy for her lesson then Suzanne dropped in with Audrey who needed pant jumper shortened, came and made lunch, put clips where I need to shorten, once done that is it for today so might sew on my throw for a bit then nothing til the Celebration of Life at noon tomorrow..afterwards I am invited to Suzanne for supper.

Lindakay how are you both doing?

Pat, am sure you are entertaining family then off to Marie’s house. I

We are both doing good.
My knee doctor called this morning. They told me insurance will approve surgery until I go through 6 weeks of physical therapy. Even though CT scan shows my knee is bad. I told her once I get back to Texas, I will call and get it scheduled. Pretty sad they don't care about the patients quality of life.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

Tallulah, sorry I have such a hard time with names, I read your post about cauliflower crust pizza, sounded good so I found an online recipe and plan to try it out sometime. I didn’t know that about the pergola, that would be too much work, I’d love to have a nice greenhouse or even something using those greenhouse panels.

I bought several nice tan clay pots for my new cacti plants, but I’m not sure if I want them in their own individual pots or not, I’m still going to have to bring them inside for the winter months. I got over doing that a few years back with my tropicals, now, here I am again dealing with it. I thought maybe I could buy a couple of large wide containers & pot several cacti’s in one pot. That way I’d only be dealing with a couple of pots in winter. What would y’all do?

I read one of you, can’t remember who, was hoping to see a bloom on their angel trumpet. I have one that is about to bloom, love those flowers: I have 3 different color varieties of them (white, orange, peach & white). They are a few of the only tropicals I have left, and only because they survive the winter months stored in my crawlspace. I’d love to have a double blooming angel trumpet.

Right now, I’m just sitting here listening to my dog snoring, it’s kinda loud. Later I’m off to the gym, it keeps me young & flexible, definitely learning, yesterday I let too much weight come back on my legs and had to wait for others to rescue me, that’s embarrassing, won’t be doing that again.

I turned my left over beans into chili, always do that when I fix a big pot of beans, everyone here loves chili, they won’t eat it if I put meat in it, so sometimes I have to brown some meat just for me.

Forest

This message was edited Aug 11, 2023 4:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.