Best/Worse/What did I Learn today? Come sit a spell, a place where friends meet & share! All newcomers welcome..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1558275/

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1558275/

Almost garden time for me,bet you’ve pretties by now in your yards, please share!

Doing ok with my seeds, now to figure out what to do with them once they get this size

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Kust back home. Walt said first therapy session went well. Good for me is he is busy until 2:00 so I can get a few things done in the morning, eat a bite and head up there about 1:30

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I was checking in before going to bed. Over did it in the garden today and my back is not happy.

Just want to say Betty, you need to lower the lights above the plants. They are growing to the lights and will be too lanky to stand up when you try to plant them. I think you may be able to plant deep but do not know what plants you have.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great news Karen,, time will give you time to also include some rest time for you.

Sharon, Greg dropped in last night, i was showing him my plants, think the 6 we took from top shelf were swear peas, Greg thinks i planted far too early, at least for some plants. I put heavy duty plastic clear plastic over them, maybe i should not have. Do the lights dim? Maybe i should shorten the 16 hrs of running lights to 10 hours.

Sorry about your back, we get caught up enjoying gardening and do injury to ourselves.

Got in trouble yesterday with my 1 hr. Raking out front., Haven’t slept most of the night. Big sigh. Must remind myself no more than 15 minutes in morning and then 15 in afternoon to see if I can manage!

Greg said he will send me photo’s of his week in Cochrane, perfect snowmobile weather, trails perfect. Am sure his snowmobile gets put away for the bike comes out.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LK - so sorry that you're going through this heartbreaking time with him not kowing you. The boys are a blessing, to be helping you.
Betty - I agree, broken lilacs is not acceptable. I didn't realize that it was National Tartan Day. I just get though each day. It was 4 weeks until the trial date yesterday. I was actually thinking of wearing my tartan cape, but wore all red instead. Ah well.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Hang in there Susan, just a few more weeks!

I worked outside a little and the congestion is killing me. For probably 2 weeks now my sinus are just impossible. Taking decongestives, nose sprays, sleeping in the recliner with my Cpap. Nothing seems to help very much. It is easy to overdo nose sprays and become dependent (get rebound affect). I don't need that!

YES, Adam has been talking for years about wanting his own place. He stuck out a job he hated to get qualified to buy a house only to have the company fire all the experienced employees & hire newbies to cut costs. That was probably 5 years ago. Andrea can hardly wait to get away from me. So YES! They will all be very happy to have their own place.

Today I am going to make a dent in this disaster of a sewing room. I have boxes & bins stored under my table and I am going to go thru them all. I hate not being able to sit at that table with my feet UNDER the table comfortably. I am going to move some of the stuff WAY UP high on top of the storage shelves. I don't NEED all of this down lower. I will likely need to buy some more clear project boxes.

I bought $40 boxes of Nutri-System that were clearanced for $4, 4 of them! They had lunch, breakfast and snacks in them. I should have known better. I DID know better. I am like an alcoholic with the first sip of alcohol. I am rehoming all those snacks & cereal bars etc. THAT was a "Bender" I did not need! LOL

I took my CRV in for a tire repair. I am grateful it was "no charge" and NOT have to replace all 4 tires (4 wheel drive, replace 1, replace them ALL).

We had snow & freezing weather just a few days ago.... these are today's pictures.

Daffodils & blue ? something, paperwhites are not far behind, buds are swollen but not opened. ONE lonely pink tulip, , waiting for its sisters to hurry up. This fall I need to dig them all up and divide them or I won't have blooms they are so crowded/ Clematis next the house with 1,000s of buds getting to put on a show.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon,

A dusting of snow on the ground this morning, sunny but wind is so strong no working outside. i did though take the outdoor rug from back window and manage to roll and fold and it’s now filling the recycle bin.

Cathy dropped in, 2 hours later she left, boy I thought I could talk 😜

Organized my trip to town tomorrow, stop 1, stop 2 etc. and with most places open at 7 am I should be back by noon..been awhile since I’ve made pies, know I will enjoy..2 only though, well maybe 3 as there will only be Greg/Mel, Noah and Sharon!

Not sure if I mentioned but I’ve got almost all the wood for blackboards cut, I timed the black base coating, takes an hour so decided I would basecoat them all. So my plan is doing 4 in the morning and 4 later in the day..on my 9th that way it will be much easier for me day of class. Sitting as well knitting a dishcloth.. I am bored.

Did get the candle holder painted green, tomorrow I will try find a lighter green candle so it will match my front deck rug. Hoping to find pillows to make the settee set look nicer.

Woman next door took the 3 bunny kits so that was good, am sure her young ones will enjoy?

They are calling for nicer weather all next week 50-60°s, look forward to that.

Marie is always helping me out and won’t take anything, was looking to pay someone for raking and shovelling where I lost the Lilac trees, I asked if I payed her would she do that area, of course she said no $$ but I said no to doing it unless she took $$..

Got to learn to find people to help right?

The thing I could do is put pump in pond, was free of ice but today there’s a skim promised myself I would empty it by Easter.

I am just a chattering, so bored..want to do so much and here I am basically accomplishing nil.

How is your weather and your day going?
Of course I’m sending prayers to all of you!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Weather's improving here, too, 57F tomorrow, and in the mid-50's next 2 weeks so the Weather Liars say....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just saw this posted on Facebook

Please pray

See photo below

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, no! That's not good. I'm guessing the stress from the move was more than he could handle. Prayers continue.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was afraid to log on..prayers
Putting groceries away, that is a chore..

I do pray he can overcome this. They have struggled and worked so hard.

Sharon brought dinner, we worked on my sewing room. The only thing better than working with a friend, is one that brings dinner!!! Maybe Sharon was tired of my chef salads?? LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Praying here as well, not saying it’s the same, all cases are not the same but the majority of us has lost loved ones to cancer &other, even divorce and know the pain Lindakay is going through..may the Lord watch over Todd.

Omg, can’t believe the work that Marie and Ted did on that lilac are, even tried to support a few lilac limbs but they will not survive. Then they took the earth and put it in a low spot in the drive…well worth the $$..i will make my pies, basecoat 4 blackboards and call it a day.

Be back in a bit to check in

This message was edited Apr 8, 2023 1:00 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Prayers for Todd & LK - this is not easy on her. Words fail me.........

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a whirlwind here. Don't know if I am coming or going. I will not be sleeping in the hospital tonight. Most sleep I have had any given night for the past month is maybe 4 hours a night. I need a shower and sleep.

Hospice lady was just here. We will be moving him to the house by Monday. They need to make arrangements to get his bed and equipment. Make a schedule for the visiting nurses, and figure out what meds he will be getting.
Todd was awake for few minutes this morning. He can't move any portion of his face. He can't speak or swallow. He may have had a stroke? They did head to groin scan this morning. We are waiting on results.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Oh Linda, my heart goes out to you. Continued prayers for you both.

Victoria Harbour, ON

There just are no words Linda Kay to express how we are feeling, so helpless.l glad you are catching a few hours rest away from the hospital, you certainly need rest.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Linda my dear friend, My heart is aching for you.I cannot imagine where you are finding the strength. So happy you are with family.

Victoria Harbour, ON

EASTER MORNING EVERYONE!

Very foggy this morning, calling for a high of 50..once my Easter eats are cooking I will play outside for a bit.

Lindakay, I’m sending prayers, armwraps. Again their are no words other than May the Lordthis Easter morning look after you both..

Anyone else busy in the kitchen today?

Verona, ON

Happy Easter everyone. My laptop has been acting like a poorly behaved child. I never know when it will let me sign on.

LK I am holding you and Todd close to my heart. Please make sure you take care of yourself. I know how upsetting and trying this is all for you. I am also very happy that you will be given some help. Warren refused any outside help and I respected his wishes. I was exhausted all of the time.

Hoping the Easter Bunny found everyone. I know the TH is very excited with their Easter treasure.

No cooking here although I do have a turkey breast in the freezer. I bought a strawberry rhubarb pie yesterday - got it home and didn't fancy a piece. I probably will today though and freeze the rest. I don't know what is going on with my body. I have had little to no appetite the last 3 weeks but am not losing any weight. I think that not walking everyday is a factor.

I fell asleep last night apparently with a glass of chocolate milk in my hand. Ooops! Being awakened by the contents was a rude surprise.

Betty you take it easy today. Make sure you don't do so much you can't enjoy your company.

Pat I hope Adam's move goes quickly and with no fuss. My MIL hated me and told everyone "I thought I got my baby boy back then 'she' came along. I am positive Pat while Adam's wife is not your choice you've wisely kept yourself polite. I am so happy that you will soon have your house to yourself. I bet Stanley will be thrilled !

Karen how are you and Walt making out ?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good morning. The shriners had a fund raiser where they would deliver plastic eggs last night with candy or a prize in each one. I ordered them for the greats in this area. I got videos of all the fun of them finding them. I think it's a great fundraiser.
Yesterday was a birthday party for one of them. At the end her older sister who is still not happy that she is no longer an only child, had a melt down...it was also nearly bed time. I said Clara come see me for a minute. I took her on my lap and told her the in the morning when they woke up, to get mom and dad and put on shoes and coats because I heard there was going to be a surprise in her front yard. Then I told her to be careful to not step in bunny poop. That made her giggle and crisis everted.
Going for brunch to my DILs moms and then heading to hospital. Older daughter and grand who's expecting twins are coming there to meet me.
Walt is doing well and finally eating better.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LK - Lord's blessings to you. Glad you're getting some rest & that Todd's needs are being looked after.
Last night I got out a smoked ham. I may be spending Easter alone, but I was going to have a ham dinner. About 10:30 last night my friend Dianne phoned, having heard something about S.T.A.R.S having a medical emergency in my area, so thought she'd phone to see if I knew anything. I didn't. Turns out the dinner she thought was for tonight was last night, so I invited her over for dinner tonight - have a HUGE ham for us lol

Dianne - that's a sloppy wake-up call lmao! I've done that too, but fortunately I don't spill anything! Not sure how I get away with that. Chocolate milk - yum! Now I have to go get myself some!

Going to church this morning & was asked to join their impromptu choir for today.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy Easter!!

Prayers for you and Todd, LindaKay. Get some rest when you can.

What a neat fund raiser, Karen! I'm sure the little ones enjoyed their goodies!

Heading to my brothers in a little bit, for Easter dinner. My daughter will be able to make it, but, my son is heading to his in=laws today. Maybe next weekend we can get together. It's beautiful and sunny here, supposed to get into the upper 60's. I keep looking at all the things I could be doing in the yard, if I could stay home, but, that will have to wait for another weekend.

Marie fell asleep and tipped hot coffee in her lap & gave herself some severe burns. She has also spilled brandy onto her keyboard. I tease her to stop with the drinks at night.
Marie made reservaations for just the 2 of us to eat out later today. She was not up to having her grandkids etc & of course I am not included in "next door".
Karen, that is an awesome fund raiser!! I am happy that Walt is eating better, getting stronger.
Linda I continue to offer prayers for you & Todd.
Dianne, I have continued to offer what help I can & be polite. I have 3 chairs that match the ones they got with the table they bought & have offered the chairs to them. Adam will ask Andrea if she wants them.. Nothing I can do or say will make a difference for the good so I just try to stay out of her path. I have told Adam that I will arrange for them to receive a clothes washer. Marie kept her the dryer when she replaced her set a couple of months ago.
Debbie, there is ALWAYS something that needs doing outside!

Victoria Harbour, ON

sitting here enjoying a bit of quietness before everyone comes, just ready to put ham in the oven, think turkey is cooked, salad made, then in goes the bread rolls and fini.

Indeed, on a day like this I’d rather be home than off somewhere even if it is to eat, i could so play a bit more outside but told myself nope, 2 hours this morning was enough, know that because I have Dr. Ho going on my shoulders..must have placed the electrical pad right on the left side of shoulder where i got my injection the other day, think I jumped a foot from shock, likely Dianne jumped higher..drats Dianne, now you mention the TH getting Easter treats I completely forgot something for Ziggy.

That will be a nice Easter out for you and Marie, Pat.. imagine having to ask your wife if you can have the 3 matching chairs..you are more civil than I, I’m pretty laid back but I don’t think I could be very social.

Sharon, is it an old computer/laptop or iPad?? Or is it Daves..haven’t recently had trouble coming on but have several weeks ago. Are you enjoying your gardens? I thought of you when I went downstairs and watered all my seedlings, hope mine turn out as good as yours. Most of what I planted other than geraniums are tall whisky flowers..bought one package of poppies, never been able to grow one..think I will buy a few plants and see if that helps get a mound each year.

Can’t get Lindakay and Todd out of my mind..know you are loved Lindakay and are surrounded here with prayers and with arm-wraps.

Susan, glad you will have company for Easter eats. You love singing in the choir, that will make your day!

Deb, think we will have same kind of weather this coming week, too bad you have to go to work.

Be back 8n a bit, best I check the turkey

Do any of you know what this BEAUTIFUL flowering bush might be? It is at my son & DIL's, not far out of Seattle. The leaves are glossy and the flowers light pink, very tight blooms that open. Their bush is almost 5 foot tall and flourished in spite of severe neglect! . These are taken today at their house. Carrie remembered to get pics & send them to me for possible identification.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Must be some kind of rose ..sure wouldn’t mind having them in my garden.

I’m going to look tomorrow if I can see slips of carpet roses near pond and move them over. Looked today, can’t see rocks around the pond for green Ivy, not sure if I like not having rocks to see.

Family gone, dishes done except for pots, those I’ll put in dishwasher in morning. Sooo much food left over

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Geeze - it almost looks like a peony bud....... crossed with something?
I was bound to have Easter dinner with someone today. When Dianne phoned last night & I invited her, little did I realize that I was going to be invited to a member of the church's home for dinner. I told her why I couldn't (they know I'm a single, and may be alone today), I also told her that the invitation meant more to me than she knows. How very blessed of her & her hubby to think of me! She made an announcement at the beginning of church, then sought me out to invite me. I'm feeling truly blessed in having such friends.
The 8 lb ham was too large for just me, so I sent Dianne home with some, froze some slices & left some in the fridge for another night. Froze the ham bone, too, for soup. Looking forward to some YUMMY dishes in the future. I got the ham from the Chrisco hamper I buy every year. With the package of meat I bought from a farm last month (steaks, stewing beef, roasts, and ground beef) I think I'm set for the expensive foods! (except for eggs, of course - the farm I used to get them from closed down for egg sales, due to Avian Flu). Dianne may get some meat chickens to raise though - that would be a blessing!

This message was edited Apr 9, 2023 9:11 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Posting to let you know we brought home today. He is being kept sedated and comfortable..
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I will update soon.
I love each and every one of you.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I am sure Lindakay feels blessed he is out of the confines of a hospital into the best care possible in arms of loving family. Regardless of best care at hospital home is where the best care comes from..may each of his hours be painless.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Linda, please know you are in our hearts and our arms are wrapped around you.

Verona, ON

LK I couldn't say any better than Betty. Holding you both close to my heart.

Yesterday the TH were holligans (sp). Due to my knee I haven't walked them for a bit. Jen usually stops once a day to sweep them up - she is the Pied Piper of dogs on the lane. We got the first part of the walk done but then they tore off up the hill. I had to get the Bronco and go after them. They were quite a piece up the lane and were heading north. Steam was coming out of my ears. This morning only Chaos took off - Zeke learned his lesson yesterday. Fortunately someone up the lane snagged Chaos and was walking him back. Everyone knows I don't let them run loose every day.

Betty ..... leftovers are my favourite !

I have no idea what the flower is but I want one. It looks like a version of a rose.

Pat Marie must really be hurting. Please tell her she is not alone. I fell asleep 1 night with chocolate milk in my hand and last night it was water.

It sounds like everyone had good eats.

Watching Tamron Hall show. I don't usually watch TV until night time but the Critter Fixers are guests. These 2 vets are amazing.

Linda K, I am glad you were able to bring Todd home. When possible, that is the best place. The fact that he can be comfortable with medication administered at home is such a blessing.

Dianne, those rotten scoundrels! LOL, it is easy to picture you with steam coming out your ears, that's what I would look like!!

I am sorry I mislead anyone, Marie's burn was a few months ago but yes, it was PAINFUL and embarrassing as most of the burn in crotch area. Between tutoring and physical therapy she is tied up Monday thru Thursday in the middle of the day and then there is visiting her husband and brother-in laws! At least later today the 3rd brother will be transferred to Canyon Lakes rehab from the hospital so all 3 will be in ONE facility. The 4th brother will finally be in town later today. They range in age from 82 to Phil 87.

Dinner out was nice but WAY too expensive!

MaypopLaurel Laurel thought the bush might be a camellia and I agree with her. The bush is evergreen & my peonies die back to the ground. The leaves are more rounded that any rose I ever saw & no thorns. Whatever it is, it prospers at their house & is beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon, thought I’d check in with Lindakay and Todd close to my heart!

Not a wonder there was steam coming from your ears, I’d be fuming as well, could have done more damage to your knee..don’t they know when they’ve done something they should not have done.nam sure your weather was much like mine today..you are still burning wood? You managed to have enough for the winter? if the plant is a Camelia doubtful you Or I can have one. Big sigh!! Will you attempt your flower beds this spring?

Pat, they will spend much time reminiscing their youth. Great they will be in same home. Once accustomed to their new digs maybe Marie won’t have to go as often..
I’m trying to find a bush or tree that is fast growing and has flowers to try and replace my lilac trees…like Dianne, that made me fume.

Just came in from being outside for 4 hrs. Cooling down quickly, when you work up a sweat you sure can feel when the temps drop.my list for the week had 22 ‘to do’s’ on it, got 2 1/2 items done, big one, Marie did the big ditch semi boulder size done, brought to back in the old water river bed that is more mud than having flower water, 16 trips, nope I didn’t help with that. Did empty the pond, Centre area in the pond it is about 5’deep.. I will let the leaves dry, likely Friday then 9n the weekend I will be able to get pond up and running..not quite 1/2 done getting yard and gardens done but feel with Marie and Ted’s help we’ve come a long way.

Spoke with Darlene, they are spending a month in Myrtle Beach, about ten miles away their is a park under the same group she had her place in Fort Myers with, she lost her place because of the storm so are considering buying a tad north vs going back to south Florida.

Think i will run my bath while filling front porch water feature I cleaned this afternoon..looking pretty so I and Marie sat out for 1/2 hr until wind got stronger..

Once I have my bath not sure if I will do last of those blackboards, knit or do nothing.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

Betty I hope your weather is like mine. I sat on the west facing deck with the TH watching the ice go out of the lake. I think by Wed. the lake will be totally open.

Yes Pat eating out is expensive. On Friday a long time friend of ours Frank took me out for dinner in Westport. Charming town but I would call it a tourist trap. Anyway the dinner was great but I just about fell over when I saw the bill and we had no wine or liquor. I offered to pay half due to the amount but Frank was adamant it was his turn to pay. We take turns paying. I said I will pay the next 2 times. Frank taught with Warren in the 80's. They both used to go deer hunting and were relieved when they saw no deer.

Betty after your bath I hope you get yourself nice and comfortable. My body tells me it wants to lay down but my brain says no.

I too was checking in on LK and Todd. Holding her close to my heart as she goes through this heartbreaking time. I sincerely hope Todd's transition is a smooth one.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Checking in..as always those in need have my prayers and love!

Dianne, I loved sitting on my deck each year watching the ice go out, such a feeling winter being over.

I find it such a waste of $$$ going out to eat, think what I would spend I could buy groceries for a week. I went to steakhouse with Sharon and her ex last year, they each had during and bill was almost $200.00

Even if you picked MacDonalds twice you would be over your portion. Sharon and I made plans to go Next door to Shannon’s for their special hamburger dinner and both forgot but then I shouldn’t have gone with a refrigerator full of cooked food.

This week will be a treat for both of us..i have to be in Innisfil tomorrow and Wednesday for hear tests, I’m not a happy camper after waiting through a long winter to get these days and I have to spend most of the days in medical building, injection, 2 hour wait, 20 minutes then more tests then home each day…by the time I get home the girls will be here sewing.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Innisfail, Betty? We have an Innisfail 50 min drive from me. Too bad we weren't that close...........

Wonder how LK & Todd are doing today.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Spell check changed it Susan
Innisfil
About 60 miles from me

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning,

Thoughts and prayers for Todd and Lindaka.

calling for a 60f day but the wind is up and feels like rain..I am off to Innisfil
This morning, will leave an hour earlier to stop into Lens Mills.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got here an hour earlier and was taken right away.

Have my nuclear injection and now have to sit for an hour. Sitting, feet up, brought knitting..after this test is over think I have to stay or another 1/2 hour..maybe I will get home earlier and be able to play outside.

When I left Marie was in the backyard raking, Lordy, Lordy….

Because they live in a mall type apartment and she so loves gardening if you remember i graves her an area which she made beautiful gardens and set out an outdoor set for her to sit vs where people go in and out to restaurant, well the old umbrella is not the nicest after many years of use so I’ll pick up a new one for her, know she won’t take $$$ so she will have a nice place to sit and read her book!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.