Reddish - brownish leaves

Many plants on my terrace (Mediterranean climate) got reddish - brownish - purple, rusty colored leaves - seedlings of poppies, coreopsis, aloe, lupine, Freesias.

Yesterday I noticed orange oleander bugs on my dying Mandevillas and took all plants out.

The discoloration on the other plants has to do with this bugs, or is caused by something else?
Thanks
There are no aphids on the other plants.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Thumbnail by Pashoshi Thumbnail by Pashoshi Thumbnail by Pashoshi Thumbnail by Pashoshi Thumbnail by Pashoshi
islamabad, Pakistan

It's difficult to say for certain without seeing the plants in person, but the reddish-brownish-purple, rusty colored leaves on your plants could be a sign of stress or damage caused by environmental factors such as drought, overwatering, or exposure to extreme temperatures or sunlight.

If the discoloration is widespread among several different types of plants, it's less likely that it's caused by pests such as the orange oleander bugs. However, it's still possible that the bugs contributed to the decline of your Mandevillas and potentially other plants in the area.

To determine the cause of the discoloration on your plants, you may want to check the soil moisture levels, adjust your watering schedule, and make sure your plants are getting the appropriate amount of light. You can also check for signs of disease or pest infestation on the affected leaves, such as fungal growth or small insects.

If you're unsure of the cause or how to address the discoloration, you may want to consider consulting with a local gardening expert or horticulturist who is familiar with the specific environmental conditions and plant species in your area.

Thank you rootholic

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.