Morning Glories 2022 #06

Gautier, MS

We are finally drying up a bit from the rain.
Hope you get enough of it.
Love your beautiful blooms Jackie . awesome pictures of the..No blooms today that were good enough to post.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena.
Today my gson cut down one of my mg's that was growing in the ground. It had at least 30 buds still to bloom. It was an accident but Im still upset. I took some cuttings to see if I could get it rooted.

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear about your gaon accidentally cutting your mg Jackie. You can root mgs but I would cover it with plastic or a cut soda 2 litter bottle to create a mini greenhouse.
I had 3 nice blooms this morning and a hige sort of in the process.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena I;m so far behind so won't spend too much time on these cuttings. Would be' nice though if they rooted, I could pot them up for some winter blooms
Your blooms are gorgeous this morning. I love the colors in # 1 and the subtle color in # 2 and 4, pretty bold color in # 3.
One of my new problems, I have a new dryer and it;s not working properly. Having to run my clothes thru 2 cycles as they're not getting dried on the first round, Dh is too weak to return it to the store so I've got to call them.

Never became a hige, I had purchased the seeds as Split Second
# 2 I don;t even know what this iedited to say probably a Gray Ao
# 3 pretty but bugs got to it first
# 4 Ao and # 5 Purple Star

This message was edited Sep 4, 2022 11:07 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Funny, I'm having problems with my dryer too. Had to replace the heating coal, my oldest daughter did it with dh giving instructions. But now it screeches for about 5 minutes when it's started. Maybe the belt needs replacing. Mine use to overheat before until it burned up.
Love your beautiful blooms, bugs or not still special.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies. Sorry to hear you both have dryer problems.

Thanks ladies, the dryer problems when I don;t have time for any new problems.
My computer looked like i would have to reboot this am, it flashed me a new warning. I bet this one is going down soon,.
I don;t believe it, looks like a Pres Bush has showed up this late in the season # 1
Then my favorite blue with feathery bars and several different Ao's.
The last one might be a 2nd day Ao bloom that was very light yesterday.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Wow Jackie, awesome blooms. Love all of them.
I didn't go outside soon enough to take pics of the couple of blooms before they wilted.

Jackie, those are beautiful blooms. Love all the pretty colors.

Thanks ladies

Gautier, MS

Just a few blooms for me today. A pretty butterfly visiting.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those blooms are beautiful Helena. Love that butterfly too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
I have 2 pretty higes blooming and a white purpurea bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful blooms. Love the pink Higes.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Your purple, the 1st pic, looks a lot like the one I am
growing that was marked Incredible Blue, yours has several colors in the bloom as does mine, I wonder if they're the same?
Your hige is lovely, wonderful to see, hate it that mine didn't turn out.
My little red Cardinal vine finally opened a bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Not sure but could be like your bloom Jackie. Sometimes if I have more than one of the same vine I don't label it.
Nice cardinal bloom Jackie, I know hummingbirds like those. I let too many cypress and the little red mg grow all over my plants. I see lots of butterflies go to them and a hummer once in awhile too.

Beautiful cardinal vine bloom Jackie. I agree, hummers and butterflies love them.

Thanks girls, plus the hummers had already been after my mg blooms but I know they'll like the red the best. :-) Helena, I had cut down the main stem of my cardinal vine out using my weed Whacker, by accident, which slowed down the blooms. I wouldn't mind if,
mine came up in lots of places but it's colder here so the winter will cut them down.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2022 6:46 PM

3 or 4 different Ao's this morning, Not sure of # 3 but think it's an Ao too. I need to go look again.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those sure are pretty Jackie. Lov that first one.

Gautier, MS

Your blooms are so pretty Jackie. The first pics of blooms looks huge. I love them all.
My blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love your blooms too. That last one is beautiful. Is it gray?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. It kinda looked like gray, from Q269 off mauve, odd color. 2 more blooms this morning. My blooms today, last pic of my queen Ann's lace, wild part of vines over the plants.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very pretty Helena. Love the beautiful queen Ann's lace too.

I thought it looked gray too Linda, very pretty and unusual. I loved the white with pink throat beside it looking a lot like pandurata (pandy). That gray might be a cross.
Your hige is lovely and I really like the blue bloom # 2 in the last set, it's a gorgeous blue.. Nice Queen Anne's Lace too.

I had a different looking bloom today, a blue with lines all thru it.
Ao's with different colors

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That odd bloom is a cross.
Gorgeous blooms Jackie. All are really special. Love them all.

Thanks Helena.
My blooms slowing down finally, must be the cooler temps.
No sign of Pres Bush after it opened just a couple of blooms
My g house is a mess, got to be cleaned out before I can move plants back in,
I dread it, I'll need gson to help me

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
I am back online. I had to renew my subscription. Never got a notice it was time.

They did not remind us this year like they had in previous years Linda. I almost went past my renewal date too.

Gautier, MS

Me neither.
Beautiful blooms you still getting Jackie.
My gh house is a mess too. I think I'll have to get help to get my plants in there too. But I think I want to get some in the ground so I won't have to bring them in.

Gautier, MS

I really like the hige bloom I have this morning.

Wish I could plant a few in the ground too Helena,, a little bit risky here but a few
could make it,
Very pretty blooms esp the hige and nice Milky Ways too.
A few nice blooms,. a lot fewer than I've been getting

WOW!
All of your blooms are awesome.
Sad to think blooming season is just about over.

Makes me sad too Linda. Wasn't helped by the fact I didn't start enough vines to enjoy this summer

This message was edited Sep 10, 2022 10:07 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you're still getting them. Hope it doesn't get too cold till much later.

Thanks Helena, I hope the cold holds off too since I still have so much work to do
before I can return my plants to the g house.. Just hoping my family will help.

This 1st bloom looks like a bloom from last yr. I didn't know it's id last yr and still don't have a clue
# 2 Blue silk
# 3 Pres bush with torn bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are all beautiful blooms Jackie!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I like them all.
I give up on names, I have too many with no ID so just enjoy them. Since they probably crossed then you give them a name you like.

Thanks ladies
Helena, I never have time to even think about a name for the crosses, whether
mine or mother nature's. Maybe one of these days I can go back and name a couple.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.