B-B Tomatoes (or BB Tomatoes)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello. I'm not new here, but I haven't posted in a very long time.

I'm probably asking in the wrong forum, but I'd love to get my hands on some B-B tomato seeds.

Our arboretum (Mercer - in the Houston area) has a plant sale every spring and they used to sell that variety of grape-type tomatoes, but they didn't have any this year. I'm not sure they'll have them next year, either. So I'm asking now if anyone has some. IMO they're what tomatoes SHOULD taste like. LOL

I really don't have anything to trade - unless someone is looking for some wild violets. I have a slew of those. Oh, and some Dutchman's Pipe (Aristolochia fimbriata) that I could dig up (and/or maybe find some flowers that have gone to seed).

The drought here has knocked out most of my plants. The only thing I have left in my veggie garden is some Malabar spinach (both red and green), and a couple of green pepper plants. My pole beans were flowering like crazy, but I didn't get a single bean (out of about 120 plants!) because it just got too hot too soon. I was able to harvest a few yellow squash and some yellow zucchini, but never got any green (Black Beauty) zucchini. I was so looking forward to making zucchini bread! Only got about 4 tomatoes - and two of them had been attacked by worms. Considering all the time and effort I spent planting, watering, weeding, etc., this spring and summer have really been a bust.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.